Grilles

Simo

id expect ipods to be a higher risk of being sold by fraudsters in ebay.

corolla 03 parts seems too specific for an item that would be used by scammers to take money from you.

id say ps2/xbox/console games, ipods, dvds may be used by fraudsterz..

but you just gotta check to make sure you can trust the seller. are they just individuals selling a few things or do they have a whole online store going on in ebay?

ive been scammed for a ps1 game back in the dayz when ps was still THE console 2 own. lost $50 @ sold.com think it was an aussie auction site.. since closeed down

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive another old thread :P

So I just put on the grille and eye lids I got from Ebay, cheap as, about $100 all up from that Kelvin dude....

anyways my question is, I could only get this middle screw at the top in, the ones on the side were impossible, is this normal with this grille???

Theres 2 screws on the outside that go through the grille and the front bumper... I cant get the holes lined up enough to fit the rubber coated screws through properly... Too dark for pics now :(

Theres 2 screws on the outside that go through the grille and the front bumper... I cant get the holes lined up enough to fit the rubber coated screws through properly... Too dark for pics now :(

i bought the same grille and eye lids from kelvin on ebay as well, managed to get the 2 rubber screws in but had to put a lot of pressure on the corners to line up the holes.

If you put one of the screws in a little bit, try and line up the 2nd screw then tighten the both, that should work it a pretty tight fit though.

So I just put on the grille and eye lids I got from Ebay, cheap as, about $100 all up from that Kelvin dude....

anyways my question is, I could only get this middle screw at the top in, the ones on the side were impossible, is this normal with this grille???

try putting the outside screws in before the middle 1. fits perfect. i got the same set from this guy ages ago

interesting.. i never experienced this problem with the sportivo grille...

however.. the screw in the middle was a bit of a problem for me with the runx grille...

i used blue tack to stick the nut into place in order to properly screw it in.

I tryed again, no luck.... Perhaps I should try screwing the ***** in first then popping the bottom tabs threw the holes last....

I remember Rob saying it dosent fit 100% tho, Is this what you were talkin about bloke???

I tryed again, no luck.... Perhaps I should try screwing the ***** in first then popping the bottom tabs threw the holes last....

I remember Rob saying it dosent fit 100% tho, Is this what you were talkin about bloke???

Hahaha, the tabs at the bottom were already snapped off when I got mine lol. Meh.

I'll have look for you man. Just let us know when.

• 2 weeks later...

actually what different between that Kelvin dude's trd parts and toyota's trd parts?

I just saw that Kelvin dude is using ABS plastic to make this Grilles.

For the ABS: Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene can be used between ?25 and 60 °C.

I don't know buy the OEM one worth or not, because I don't know what material are they using.

Anyone can answer this question?

• 5 months later...

Old topic, hopefully someone replies. Question is, can u fit the overseas grills onto 04 sportivo? like the ones they sell on ebay from the U.S.

Atm on ebay there selling JDM grilles, just wondering if they fit? im looking for the grill that looks hollow? Like the TRD ones that everyone on this site happens to have.lol

yea if its made for US models, dont waste your money. they can be misleading when they describe their items as "JDM", it does not mean that they are anything like the runx/aussie model of corollas.

• 2 months later...

I've recently bought one of the grilles from Kelvin on Ebay, it did need a slight prod to fit, but some of the suggestions above would have made it easier! Here's a pic of mine:

post-411-1209519781_thumb.jpg

hey guys...

just became a member and i was wondering if any one could help me and tell me where i could get a grille, TRD, VIP, or even any mock ups.....

would any 1 kno ani 1 selling ani?

thanks!!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, i was thinking of finally buying the grill off ebay, so before i did, i tried taking the factory grill off my sportivo first. I undid all 3 screws AND IT WONT BUDGE.

I tried pushing, sticking my hand behind the grill and trying to bend the clips down (even though it seems like theres about 10 of them, big and small) and nothing, I cant push the grill forward/out the slightest bit, and im afraid of breaking the front bar part that wraps around the edges of the grill even though i was pushing HARD.

Was it usually this hard for you guys that have changed your grill or and im just not doing it right?

Any help and advice would be much apprieciated.

Thankyou

Hi guys, i was thinking of finally buying the grill off ebay, so before i did, i tried taking the factory grill off my sportivo first. I undid all 3 screws AND IT WONT BUDGE.

I tried pushing, sticking my hand behind the grill and trying to bend the clips down (even though it seems like theres about 10 of them, big and small) and nothing, I cant push the grill forward/out the slightest bit, and im afraid of breaking the front bar part that wraps around the edges of the grill even though i was pushing HARD.

Was it usually this hard for you guys that have changed your grill or and im just not doing it right?

Any help and advice would be much apprieciated.

Thankyou

I did it myself. I was firm, yet gentle. Pretend you're making love to the missus and it that should get it off eventually.