Clutch life expectancy?

Hey people's,

My mate has a Sportivo as a work car which is supposed to be fully maintained by the business. He has just burnt out his clutch, and is having a battle with the boss about who is responsible for the replacement cost. the boss says he's thrashed it and should pay for negligence, while my mate says its wear and tear.

The car has done 83000k's, is this a reasonable amount of k's for the life of a standard clutch? or is it a bit lower then normal (aka thrashed)?

Cheers all.

i got 100,000 from my n15 SSS clutch before the plate let go, the car was driven pretty hard for those 100,000K's from new.

We replaced the stock clutch in MAP81's car recently and the clutch plate had heaps of meat left after 80,000km.

I sold my WRX when it hit 100,000km and it's clutch was still perfect.

I know of corolla's that have hit over 200,000km on stock clutches.

if you really want to give him crap, I know of one in particular that hit 350,000 on it's stock clutch, and the only reason it was pulled out was to replace the whole drivetrain with a 4agze :P

I know of corolla's that have hit over 200,000km on stock clutches.

He thrashed it...im gunna give him sh#t for his cr@p driving now.

Cheers for the ammo....

:clap: HAHAHA !!

Is he the only driver ? If that is the case, yes you can hammer him !!

I got 83 000k's from my stock clutch and it still had heaps in it. the only reason it was replaced was the nice people at Toyota fixed my gearbox issues and I also got a new clutch kit fitted as I had a bit of a clutch shudder just above idle. All under warranty :toast:

People at Toyota are just so nice.......well to me anyway :clap::clap:

:( I can't expect to get that sort of life out of mine. Most of my driving is in heavy traffic.

I'm getting a bit like that too now... bloody 4pm lectures = peak hour on the way home :angry: