Power windows

hey guys

2 of my friends both own corolla conquests and find that the power windows go up after the ignition has been turned off.

i own a 05 sportivo and noticed that my power windows don't come up after the ignition has been turned off.

i went to toyota to ask them about this and they said it was normal for the windows not to go up after the ignition has been switched off.

can anyone confirm this for me?

thanks

I have a Sportivo 2005.

Power windows wont go up after turning off the ignitions.

But I can make all my windows go up, turn off the ignition while they are still on their way up, and they will finish the trip :)

04 Levin (facelift).

Mine allows me 30 seconds after ignition and acc off (keys out basically) to wind down the windows. I find it heaps useful because I always forget to wind the windows up when I'm about to leave the car :)

04 Levin (facelift).

Mine allows me 30 seconds after ignition and acc off (keys out basically) to wind down the windows. I find it heaps useful because I always forget to wind the windows up when I'm about to leave the car :)

yea.... i want mine to do that..its hell annoying when i forget to wind up the windows b4 turning it off

maybe sportivos don't get it in the facelifts?

Edited by ROLNIT

Pre-Facelift Sportivo's don't do it either. They will allow you to shut the ignition off once you have hit the 'auto up' and they finish the journey, but thats it.

The other 3 windows though, if you are hold the 'up' trigger and shut the ignition off, they stop....

However the old Camry at work did so I guess it's possible despite what Toyota say.

Just thought i'd clarify, i'm talking about the 4th Gen late 90's Camry Conquest and when you hit the remote central locking it also wound up the windows at the same time.

That was a feature I was hoping for but obviously it's lacking from the Corolla...

Edited by Conquest

However the old Camry at work did so I guess it's possible despite what Toyota say.

Just thought i'd clarify, i'm talking about the 4th Gen late 90's Camry Conquest and when you hit the remote central locking it also wound up the windows at the same time.

That was a feature I was hoping for but obviously it's lacking from the Corolla...

I had one of them! '98 Conquest V6, it did exactly what you're saying. My dad reckons it's because they have the Lexus electrics in them. I got used to being able to wind the windows/sunroof up like what Brandon mentioned and now my Corolla really annoys me :angry:

It's one of those features nobody thinks about, but is really quite handy and makes the car great to live with. Aaahh the memories....

My wife's Commodore Ute has 30 seconds after shutting the ignition off to wind the power windows up

Yeah 03 Camry has window control after ignition off - corolla hasn't and it is a pain. Could be Mr T's way of making want to buy Camrys :P LOL. Has anyone noticed that after you do an ECU reset that the auto up feature of the windows doesn't work for a day or so, then the drivers window works, then the passangers. Had 2 stivos same thing happened in both? Could it be the car is learning from us :blink: LOL!