ZRE Guide to Removing the Front Bumper

dwee.

NOTE: TOCAU and I do not take any responsibility in any way, if you damage your car following this guide. Do this at your own risk; if you're not comfortable, ask someone for help!

This is a guide to remove the front bumper for pre-facelift ZRE Corollas ('07 to '09). Facelift ZREs differ slightly however, this can also be used as a guide. :)

What you need:

- Ratchet set with extensions & 10mm socket

- Flat head screwdriver

- Phillips head screwdriver

- Some nerve if it's the first time :P

Let's start!

IMG_6967_2.jpg

1. Grab your phillips and flat head screwdrivers. On each side of the front wheel arches, there is a screw unit and clip.

Screw unit thingy: use your screwdriver to undo the screw. Once the screw is loose, you can take the whole screw unit out.

IMG_6970_2.jpg

Clip: using your flat head screwdriver, twist that clip 90 degree left or right and remove.

IMG_6971_2.jpg

2. Remove the plastic lining/covers in the engine bay (facelifts do not have any lining/covers like pre-facelifts).

IMG_6972_2.png

- The clips highlighted in blue circles (above): to remove them, you press them down and remove.

- The clips highlighted in red circles (above): to remove them, you use the flat head screwdriver, and 'pop' it up gently and remove.

Once those clips removed, you push the bottom end of that clip so it's ready for re-application later on.

IMG_6974_2.jpg

IMG_6975_2.jpg

3. Removing screws for the bumper (top)

Grab your ratchet set with 10mm socket.

IMG_6978_2.jpg

Remove the following screws highlighted in blue circles below. The clips highlighted in red circles are the clips you use the flat head screwdriver as mentioned before.

IMG_6979_2.png

4. Removing screws for the bumper (bottom)

Again using your ractchet with 10mm socket, remove the following screws from underneath the bumper. On each side, there is a screw in front of the wheel guards and in front of the fog-light flaps (access to fog-lights). Note: you don't need to use a jack, I used the jack to get a better photo. :)

IMG_6980_2.png

5. Removing the front bumper

This is the part that might be nerve-racking if it's the first time! :P

Starting with one side, grab the side of the bumper and gently pull it out. It is held by clips and will detach. If it's the first time, the clips may/may not be held more tightly; you need to put a bit more force in detaching it. Once you got the first clip or so detached, the rest the clips pretty much follow. Once you have done one side, more to the other side and do the same.

IMG_6988_2.jpg

IMG_6987_2.jpg

Once both sides are detached, carefully and slowly pull the bumper forward to you (if you're standing facing your car), forward enough so it can sit on the ground right in front of the car.

IMG_6985_2.jpg

STOP!

Before completely removing the bumper (out of the way to another location)

- If you have foglights, detach the leads that connect to the foglights

- If you have the Levin ZR model with headlight washers, also detach the line that connects the water reservoir (on the left hand side if you're facing the car) to the headlight washers in the bumper.

Now you can do whatever you needed to do! ENJOY! :D

nice guide, helps especially when SOME OTHER PEOPLE don't share with us *glares* -_- :lol:

That is soooo true <_<

I'm waiting for dwee's other thread, the one that shows how to get it back on :D

love it, hoping this post for ages..

I broke the clip before, toyota charge me $2 for one clip, so pricy

Ben, which clip did you break?

nice guide, helps especially when SOME OTHER PEOPLE don't share with us *glares* -_- :lol:

That is soooo true <_<

I'm waiting for dwee's other thread, the one that shows how to get it back on :D

Hahahaha! John, read the guide back-to-front! :P

Thanks. Very easy to understand as it is well documented.

No problems :D

if only you had posted this up before i removed my front bumper to clean my pod filter LOL. was such a b**ch finding all the screws.

LOL I showed you that day when we installed your CAI for you! :P