bars on rolla

D35

Hey everyone

so i have been reading up the sections about bars (not bras) on ultra racing aus's website (at work :yahoo: )

there are so many of them.. Front Strut Bar Rear Strut Bar Side Fender Bars ... the list goes on..

i learnt that they improve handling and safety...

im sure many of you would have experience on this

so im just wondering how effective are they..

and which ones should i go for ?

i will not take the car on track.. just want to make it runs and serve me better

all advices are greatly appreciated!

Thx in advance

D35

Edited by D35

Hey everyone

so i have been reading up the sections about bars (not bras) on ultra racing aus's website (at work :yahoo: )

there are so many of them.. Front Strut Bar Rear Strut Bar Side Fender Bars ... the list goes on..

i learnt that they improve handling and safety...

im sure many of you would have experience on this

so im just wondering how effective are they..

and which one should i go for first?

since i dont have the money to get them all in one go

Thx in advance

D35

here is one you can read on,

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=16373

if you want to start with something, get a rear sway... I would try to source a TRD one as UR only makes 20mm and whiteline 22 and TRD 23 (Stock corolla is 21)

here is one you can read on,

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=16373

if you want to start with something, get a rear sway... I would try to source a TRD one as UR only makes 20mm and whiteline 22 and TRD 23 (Stock corolla is 21)

thx for referring Kenneth.

Glad to see my research put to good use .... :yahoo:

Hey Guni

i see that u have been research this topics on the zze

so what have u got on ur zze at the moment?

did u end up getting the fender bar from Ultra racing??

any good?

D35

Hey I just completed installing the c-one strut bar on my zre hatch.

just took it for a test drive and its much better than before with better response in steering and less roll around corners.

here's a few snaps:

post-11243-1252146401_thumb.jpg

post-11243-1252146432_thumb.jpg

post-11243-1252146467_thumb.jpg

where you get the c-one from ? nengun ? how much all up ? i'm looking for a set of strut bars for my zre too.. havent found myself a sweet spot quite yet

just took it for a test drive and its much better than before with better response in steering and less roll around corners.

here's a few snaps:

where you get the c-one from ? nengun ? how much all up ? i'm looking for a set of strut bars for my zre too.. havent found myself a sweet spot quite yet

i got it from www.rmsmotorparts.com.au which is located in melb. it cost $350 AU shipped to aus but i had to go pick it up from the shop. goodluck with it!

here's a few snaps:

hey man..

thx for the heads up!! :rolleyes:

so is that the only one that u have on ur ride atm ?

i wish i could be in ur car! so i get to feel it the difference :idea:

im still doing research on which one to get first...

any suggestions?

D35

Edited by D35

here's a few snaps:

hey man..

thx for the heads up!! :rolleyes:

so is that the only one that u have on ur ride atm ?

i wish i could be in ur car! so i get to feel it the difference :idea:

im still doing research on which one to get first...

any suggestions?

D35

yeah its the only one and its awesome =]

• 2 weeks later...

here's a few snaps:

i got it from www.rmsmotorparts.com.au which is located in melb. it cost $350 AU shipped to aus but i had to go pick it up from the shop. goodluck with it!

Contacted RMS about importing the C-One strut bar for my ZRE sedan, was quoted $320.00 (incl. delivery to Sydney). I asked them if they sold any of these strut bars to ZRE sedan owners and they replied saying they sold it to 3 ZRE owners (no mention of sedans).

I asked them if I can return it in case it doesn't fit the sedan ZRE and was told I couldn't.

What a dilemma :( I don't wanna waste over 300 bucks only to find out it doesn't fit and at the same I am wondering what difference could there be between the sedan and hatch ZRE when it comes to strut mounts.

Can someone please re-assure me a little, so I can go a head and order one :)....don;t worry, I won't kill you if it doesn't fit LOL :)

here's a few snaps:

Contacted RMS about importing the C-One strut bar for my ZRE sedan, was quoted $320.00 (incl. delivery to Sydney). I asked them if they sold any of these strut bars to ZRE sedan owners and they replied saying they sold it to 3 ZRE owners (no mention of sedans).

I asked them if I can return it in case it doesn't fit the sedan ZRE and was told I couldn't.

What a dilemma :( I don't wanna waste over 300 bucks only to find out it doesn't fit and at the same I am wondering what difference could there be between the sedan and hatch ZRE when it comes to strut mounts.

Can someone please re-assure me a little, so I can go a head and order one :)....don;t worry, I won't kill you if it doesn't fit LOL :)

Is this the front strut brace?

Positive it's for a ZRE model?

If you want to order it, go for it! If it doesn't fit, I'll buy it off you. (I've got the hatch, as you probably know now :P)

If you want to order it, go for it! If it doesn't fit, I'll buy it off you. (I've got the hatch, as you probably know now :P)

Yep, that's the C-One ZRE strut brace indeed.

Mate, now that you put it this way, it's enough re-assurance for me. Thanks a lot for the encouragement ;)

Ordering now.

Mate, now that you put it this way, it's enough re-assurance for me. Thanks a lot for the encouragement ;)

Ordering now.

What a smart idea haha! I know there are a couple of ZRE owners that would get one down the track (including me), so you should be fine. :toast:

I was going to buy with the other three ZRE owners but I wanted to save up for springs and shocks first before getting a strut.

Ordering now.

Haha, now I'm hoping that it doesn't fit the sedan :P

Ordering now.

i got a sedan :(

Well mate, they still can't figure out if I want the front or the rea one, so don't hold your breath :)

Does anyone have a part number for this damn thing to make sure I am ordering the correct one.?

EDIT: Found the part number on the C-One website HERE. It's FT5360-ZE150

those 3 buyers were jskills, le-vinh-zr and myself. $350 picked up. and they fit perfectly. not too sure on sedan version.

cheers

I thought so too when he mentioned 3 ZRE owners ;)

How did you remove the black horseshoe from around the strut bolts? Did you have to undo the metal plate under the plastic cowl (after taking it off) from the top?

How did you remove the black horseshoe from around the strut bolts? Did you have to undo the metal plate under the plastic cowl (after taking it off) from the top?

From reading that, I would assume you that attached to the two inner studs of the strut tower are a metal plate that looks like it joins onto the car body underneath the wipers.

If so, that is just like the Aurion. You simply install the strut brace over it.

Nope, I am referring to the black metal bracket that sits on top of the strut tower and joins all 3 bolts together

post-15048-1253104189_thumb.jpg

It's not possible to fit the strut bar base over this bracket and it must be removed.

P.S. Strut bar has been ordered and will arrive in 3 weeks.

Nope, I am referring to the black metal bracket that sits on top of the strut tower and joins all 3 bolts together

It's not possible to fit the strut bar base over this bracket and it must be removed.

Actually, that horse-shoe shaped bracket you speak of only joins 2 bolts together from the looks of it.

I thought it may have been flatter like the Aurion in which you can mount the bar right on top of it:

dsc03537r.jpg