HELP!! Corolla Idle Problem

:( Hey guys since ive had my car ive had it for 3 months i bought in brand new ... ive been havin problems with the idle ... it wont do it all the time ... just some times when im stopped at the lights idlein ... my idle will drop.. under 650 go down shake for like 2- 4 secs just before its about to turn off it will stablize itself. and other times ill just feel small vibrations through the car ... its hard to explain.

I have taken the car to toyota 3 times now an they recon they fixed it ... still does it... everytime i go to show them the car is fine it won't do it...

Anyone know what this can be? :unsure:

You have a CAI right? check the hoses that need to be sealed following removal of the old box and install of the CAI are all sealed properly... Don't ask me to assist though as I do not have CAI... yet ;), though I'm sure plenty of other can help you out though

My car's always done this, revs will fluctuate for a minute or so between 500 and 750 rpm - been checked a few times - no vacuum leaks. It seems to do it after it's warmed up and comes off fast idle.

You have a CAI right? check the hoses that need to be sealed following removal of the old box and install of the CAI are all sealed properly... Don't ask me to assist though as I do not have CAI... yet ;), though I'm sure plenty of other can help you out though

just an FYI the 1zz's dont have the same tubes that connect to the stock airbox. we dont have any at all like the 2zz

just an FYI the 1zz's dont have the same tubes that connect to the stock airbox. we dont have any at all like the 2zz

I thought there were still some that needed to be sealed but I guess, my boo boo :P

Cheers for that Northy

This is coming up too many times to be a coincidence.

Perhaps there's a minor glitch with the ECU mapping that causes this ? or most probably a vacuum / intake leak ?

Either way, it's something that should be addressed by Toyota if it is a common problem.

Can all 1zz's who've experienced this please put your hand up. It's not a potentially damaging problem like the Sportivo Clutch issue, but it still shouldn't be there.