WINTON RACE TRACK FUN DAY THIS WEEKEND!

Hey guys, winton is having a fun day this saturday 3rd of july 2010 for a minimal fee of $30!!!

come and try out your stock/dumped/modded whatever car on the track and escape the hassles and pain of speeding fines out on the roads!

johnny, tommy, trung and i already have secured our places but we can only have more toyotas!

make sure you have the following:

long sleeve shirts, long pants, closed shoes, an australian approved design helmet

no cams license needed or fire extinguisher needed, dont need to take everything out of the boot...

hope to see you there. meeting point at st albans at 6am sharp, we leave at 6am sharp (and we mean 6am on the dot) this is becuz we need to be there for the drivers briefing and we cant be late for that...

hope to see you there guys/girls!

either pm me (duy) or johnnieboi (john) for more details or questions that you may have...

hope to see you there to push your cars hard :P (there is a 80% rule though <_<)

hey bro wont b attending the race track coz i forgot that winton was this week and i have recently sold my stockies, but i will b there cheering u guys on lol :yahoo::toast::clap::yahoo: :yahoo: ILL b at winton @ 10-12ish with mayb couple of guys willing to go hopefully.. <_<

no worries trung next time. you can ride with one of us if you have helmet. Sorry guys for super late posting of event.

im so not track ready, just counting on lowered springs and tyres to keep me steady. oh well, gota start somewhere.

Really tempted to come watch at least Duy, but its 2 hours out lol, plus I take it it'll be an early start that morning.

I'll see you guys for the monthly cruise next month though, hope you guys have fun lol.

Speaking of fun, I hit left a few times last nite on the way home, just wanted to see what the fuss was about, my brother was in the passanger seat absolutely p#ssing himself laughing (his driving a turbo charged car before) he said lift is good for laughs and thats about it :( LOL!

Really tempted to come watch at least Duy, but its 2 hours out lol, plus I take it it'll be an early start that morning.

I'll see you guys for the monthly cruise next month though, hope you guys have fun lol.

Speaking of fun, I hit left a few times last nite on the way home, just wanted to see what the fuss was about, my brother was in the passanger seat absolutely p#ssing himself laughing (his driving a turbo charged car before) he said lift is good for laughs and thats about it :( LOL!

just come u dont have to be there early if ur not competing... its just i wanna make the most of my 30 bucks LOL! :D

about time u hit lift a few times, now u wont stop! :D and tell ur brother, power isn't everything, cornering is more important. straight line power is only for muzzas :spiteful: B)

power isn't everything, cornering is more important. straight line power is only for muzzas :spiteful: B)

but some muzzas in my area now know that corollas are really something on a straight line too =)

power isn't everything, cornering is more important. straight line power is only for muzzas :spiteful: B)

but some muzzas in my area now know that corollas are really something on a straight line too =)

that is... YOUR COROLLA :P :P :P

you hadnt hit lift since you got your stivo?? omg! lift makes all the difference between power of stivo and power of zre.

lift that sh!t man!

you hadnt hit lift since you got your stivo?? omg! lift makes all the difference between power of stivo and power of zre.

lift that sh!t man!

hahaha! nah never had lifted it since i got it to be honest Johnny, I knew about it and what not but I thought there was no real need to, I did it to compare the difference between V-tec and the VVTL-i haha!

Change of plan!! if i can get these black sportivo rims then YES iam secure to the track.

Check list

- Helmet got *

- lead shoes? wtf?

- long sleeves, any long sleeve?

- long pants? i.e. Jeans???

lift that sh!t man!

hahaha! nah never had lifted it since i got it to be honest Johnny, I knew about it and what not but I thought there was no real need to, I did it to compare the difference between V-tec and the VVTL-i haha!

oooo booiii... now ur gonna lift on every light and ur car will be as dead as your vtec prelude! it will be ur NEXT DEVIL CARRRRRRRRR!!! :P :P :P

dont be a pussy and come goz, u dont have to track ur car, just come in one of ours, go in johnnys first then mine :P

Change of plan!! if i can get these black sportivo rims then YES iam secure to the track.

Check list

- Helmet got *

- lead shoes? wtf?

- long sleeves, any long sleeve?

- long pants? i.e. Jeans???

LEAD SHOES? WTF? duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude u crack me up, lead foot meaning a heavy foot = full acceleration :D :D :D

jeans are fine, closed shoes, i think u'd be wearing a jacket its freaken colddddddd!

yeah but make sure u got some roadworthy tires, no point going on the track and they flag u off for having bald tyres :P

lift that sh!t man!

oooo booiii... now ur gonna lift on every light and ur car will be as dead as your vtec prelude! it will be ur NEXT DEVIL CARRRRRRRRR!!! :P :P :P

dont be a pussy and come goz, u dont have to track ur car, just come in one of ours, go in johnnys first then mine :P

On call for work, so can't go too far.. plus i'm thinking of giving Walter a visit about a carbon fibre front lip :lol:

lift that sh!t man!

On call for work, so can't go too far.. plus i'm thinking of giving Walter a visit about a carbon fibre front lip :lol:

walter?

Couldnt find my stock wheel nuts duy. So im gunna have to cancel on tracking on saturday. I dont think i wanna risk pushing it with my rims. sorry man

Nah im just kidding. Stuff it. Tracking it neway.. rims and all.. gonna cry if they get scratched even more.. <_<

hey its a definite for me now!!! :) gonna pickup the rims tonight but theres a 50% chance i mayb cannot trackrace cos of the rear tyres are gone, but he said i can still have 2 track with it lol. OK depend on those guys, hopefully they let me through. :unsure: :unsure:

omg johnny, how can u mis place the nuts? just try finding them when u get home later tonight... trung we leave at 6am on the dot, we plan to eat somewhere along the way as well so we will be there at around 8.30 - 9am. We leave from my place i'll sms u the details later.

man if u were u... i'd take out the 30 kg sub... LOL any weight reduction will save u fuel and less strain on the engine...

be sure to get extra oil just in case, make sure your car isn't leaking oil or fuel or fluids. or its gg for u :P

please scraping rotor be easy to fix.. i really would like to track tomoro. why oh why? just putting stockies on too.. 3 good and 1 squeaky, grinding rotor... FFS!!! :angry::angry:

What a day! just recently got home. Had an awesome day! We were running late due to me. sorry guys but thanks heaps.. esp you Duy and trung for noticing. Stupid cousin.

Rims had spacers btwn rotors.. put stockies on.. wobbly like anything. Stopped at servo and took all spacers off. Perfect fit. Otherwise GG on track for me.

My thoughts on tracking.. Fun day = dangerous/possible smash to your car. Worth the 30bux for having a go. But next time better go to a dedicated day with 15cars on at a time. Not like today.. with about 40cars on at once!

Esp with all different categories and classes; Fwd, Rwd, Awd, 4cyl, 6cyl, 8cyl and turboed.

Slower cars like myself get pushed aside to the outer part of the lane by bigger and faster cars making cornering very perilous.

If everyone followed the rules (which most dont) and only overtake on straights, it might have been better. Everyone was just cramming themselves into tight corners and doing high speed overtaking, corner overtaking.. had many close calls.

Tracking does give a good idea of what you need to improve on ur car.

For example me:

1. Longer ratio on 3rd gear and more acceleration on 2nd gear

2. Front strut brace

3. Front sway bar

4. Better brake pads

5. Front slotted rotors

6. Coilovers

7. High end tyres - Federal 595s? :whistling:

8. Bucket seats

9. Greatly improved throttle response

10. LSD

11. Tough gearbox eg. Hollinger? lol

12. Exedy race clutch

13. Lift

B)

What a day! just recently got home. Had an awesome day! We were running late due to me. sorry guys but thanks heaps.. esp you Duy and trung for noticing. Stupid cousin.

Rims had spacers btwn rotors.. put stockies on.. wobbly like anything. Stopped at servo and took all spacers off. Perfect fit. Otherwise GG on track for me.

My thoughts on tracking.. Fun day = dangerous/possible smash to your car. Worth the 30bux for having a go. But next time better go to a dedicated day with 15cars on at a time. Not like today.. with about 40cars on at once!

Esp with all different categories and classes; Fwd, Rwd, Awd, 4cyl, 6cyl, 8cyl and turboed.

Slower cars like myself get pushed aside to the outer part of the lane by bigger and faster cars making cornering very perilous.

If everyone followed the rules (which most dont) and only overtake on straights, it might have been better. Everyone was just cramming themselves into tight corners and doing high speed overtaking, corner overtaking.. had many close calls.

Tracking does give a good idea of what you need to improve on ur car.

For example me:

1. Longer ratio on 3rd gear and more acceleration on 2nd gear

2. Front strut brace

3. Front sway bar

4. Better brake pads

5. Front slotted rotors

6. Coilovers

7. High end tyres - Federal 595s? :whistling:

8. Bucket seats

10. LSD

11. Tough gearbox eg. Hollinger? lol

12. Exedy race clutch

13. Lift

B)

Good to see you had fun! I've been to Winton 7 times now and everytime, I've beaten my previous PB. Each time I go, I've always had something done (or 3 lol). About the only pointers I could give you is to work on your racing lines. You'll find that once you find a line you like, you can work with it and then start to heal-toe so you can rev match the speed to the revs so you can prolong your gearboxes' longevity.

Also, fluid. Absolutely essential as it is the life blood of your car. Engine oil, radiator fluid, brake fluid, gearbox fluid - are either all topped or changed before race day and it'll give you peace of mind that your car is protected.

You can never, ever have enough brakes or grip on a race track. I catch all the turbo cars' on the brakes due to the little power my car makes. The harder you can brake, the less time spent braking and more time on the go-pedal.

As for your list, I'll compare mine:

1. Longer ratio on 3rd gear and more acceleration on 2nd gear check, powerband for my car pulls well from 2nd through to 4th

2. Front strut brace check x2

3. Front sway bar check F/R

4. Better brake pads check F/R

5. Front slotted rotors check F

6. Coilovers check, well KYB's

7. High end tyres - Federal 595s? check, Advan A048s

8. Bucket seats check

10. LSD

11. Tough gearbox eg. Hollinger? Check, fully overhauled 'box w/ associated parts

12. Exedy race clutch Check, Exedy H/D

13. Lift

In short, racing is addictive and bloody expensive. But hey when you catch match it with the turbo boys with 64kw, nothing beats it lol.