WINTON RACE TRACK FUN DAY THIS WEEKEND!

That's y I don't do fun days :whistling:

But its great you guys had a go and know now how the track feels. Looking forward to seeing u on the next track day. :toast:

No doubt Trung will keep us posted. :lol:

That was well worth the drive to winton!!!! :toast::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

OH man only if my car was a sportivo!!!oh how i want it bad!!

LOL only if duy had the camera with him, filming me spun around the half deep turn circuit.. and lookin at the sti..like a u turn..

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GUYS!!! CHEERS.

Ok guys. After a good nights rest, im ready to tell u my experiences of the day.

All in all it was a fantastic experience and i felt still had some potential with me as there was so many cars on the track at once. It was well worth the 30 bucks but do keep in mind its very dangerous and i wasnt ready to do anything too stupid as there were a lot of cars on the track. The next fun day is in december if any of you guys are intersted on going on the track.

We started off the day going towards winton dropping off at hungry jacks for breaky. We were still concerned about johnnys car so we jacked it up n had a look. Turns out that they didnt remove the spacers when they put the stockies on and caused the wheel to wobble. Once rectified. Off we go and. All peace of mind :)) once we arrived there, heaps of cars from street cars (turboed, 6, 8s, 4wds etc)

Was told i couldnt have my mounted camera :(( i only took videos off the sidelines for johnnieboi and tru-stars cars. Johnny forgot mine! Argh!!! Took photos (will upload them soon) off the side lines.

There were a few spin outs but there was one car holden commo that crashed and its rear bumper fell off. I was following this car too and kept up. But the way he was driving was way too dangerous so i kept behind him. The car in straights was fast but corners? Well... :spiteful: anyways this ended my run prematurely :( As trung said, yes i did spin out while i was passenger in his car too haha :P

After my first virgin run i saw alot of cars still overtaking in corners so on the second run. I decided to do that in my second run and while i waa checking my car for leaks, an official walked up to me and told me that a few people were complaining to me about taking corners too aggressively... He added that "we officials see wats going on all the time and we didnt have any problems with ur driving... But eince other people have approached us, we then have to tell you... Dw your doing good"

I just thanked him and he smiled and walked off. After that i drove harder for the last run lol... Didnt have a problem then. As i knew and i kept a distance between the next car in front and behind and just gunned it :))

I felt that after a few laps i began to get faster and faster esp braking and cornering as i was shifting up and hitting limo at times esp on the final turn in 2nd.

I went in with only a front strut and super low springs and body roll was bad. =\ so i didnt dare to take it off to try haha...

My powersteering fluid over flowed and my brakes began to get soft but didnt failed me. Just the harder i pressed the more lower the pedal goes. But when moving the pads still stop good.

Is this normal? Maybe i should have it checked by the brakes guy again. Brake fluid was sitting a little low but still within the range. On inspection i saw a large bubble but will probably fo after i top it up.

Also guys recommend me a good brake fluid. Im using genuine atm...

Tyres definately were holding up and now im not going to get any other tyre other than federals ever again! Thanks for the recommendation guni. I never knew these existed until u told me :P

After the 4th run. I decided to stop. Was getting tired from the full 200% concentration i was giving when in the track. Then noticed my cover was out of whack with the lining up of the bolt holes. I ruined the two threads on the right side. :(

I reset my ecu before we headed off home...

Got home. The fuel light went on i reckon i destroyed my fuel economy as i had full tank last night. I used all the fuel from my jerry can (20L) and rotated the tyres back n front. I will change over the control arm bushings and the engine mounts from energy suspension soon. As the mounts more specifically, the front mount is worn n cracked. Will get the tyres alligned again after these are put in.

I didnt loose any oil at all but it is looking abit darker but will keep driving with this oil until the next 3 to 4000 kms n change the filter too. Engine still running strong.

Some crunching in gears but i didnt cunch in 2nd. Only once in 3rd n 4th! :o

Still running stock clutch. Clutch still good. Need to work more on shifting but its very hard to shift in lift. Have to depress the clutch for at least 1/2 second before i shift quick (johns got mad shift :D)

This will not be my first n last time. But now i know what to work on slowly to bring the best out of the sportivo. Not into so much engine work to be honest but mainly on suspension and handling.

Ill be driving this car for a long long time i can tell u guys that now... :)

body roll with the lower spings, ha, so much worse without

pads, pads, pads, i still run toyota brake fluid, but pads is the business

great to see everyone out having a good time, and i'm with dorifto, what till you get timed

you will throw everything at a lap and lose 2 seconds and it will drive you to distraction

whitestivo

<---- silver mr2

lol i saw johnnies car in this vid at 10:08

this guy was gunning it hard.

for shizzle! where was my car??? yeah i saw that... went flying past him at 10.07 :P

i maybe was in his car when that mr2 passed...

only one john's zre and one corolla sportivo... a couple of guys in the lane next to while we were waiting our cars to be checked said "V.V.T.L...i...? whats the "L"?" haha :D

gotta love the ignorance :D

btw i think he was in some mazda that made fart noises :D :D :D

also i couldnt get the camera mounte on as the safety guy said he feels abit funny for it being on the car... i even tested it by pulling and pushing so it doesnt fall off but he reckons still a safety issue... :( oh wells, he is boss so gotta do what he wants... otherwise i would have had 10 clips on already haha! :D

finally a few pictures!

lotus elise S :o :o :o :o :o

DSC00382.jpg

OK sticker

DSC00449.jpg

Madza 3 MPS

DSC00404.jpg

Tru-star's ZZE 1ZZ

DSC00398.jpg

Johnnieboi's ZRE152

DSC00427.jpg

Kenshin X's ZZE 2ZZ

DSC00440.jpg

The d!ckhead commonwhore just before he span out and smashed due to incompetence and noob driving :) (why didn't you take a photo of him on the grass J? :P

DSC00441.jpg

Our junk LOL :D

DSC00458.jpg

WHAT A B-E-U-T-FUL DAY!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: look at the weather soo nice and sunny !!!

BTW i think theres another event @ my area SANDOWN MOTOR RACEWAY this comming weekend, the track looks very clean and wide, but not sure if we need cams lic, fire ext. etc

DSC00441.jpg

That guy is actually far from incompetent; the car puts down laps in the sub 1.40 bracket and is quite docile. The only reason you guys feel intimidated is that being a fun day there is no incorporated Groups or Sessions so it's a free for all. The guy has gone to a crap load of Tampered Days and races with EVOs/Supra's/GTRs; thats why I keep pointing out the importance of going to a time track day. People just want a quick time and there is more racer:noob ratio so your given your own space.

Either way, looks like fun.

DSC00441.jpg

That guy is actually far from incompetent; the car puts down laps in the sub 1.40 bracket and is quite docile. The only reason you guys feel intimidated is that being a fun day there is no incorporated Groups or Sessions so it's a free for all. The guy has gone to a crap load of Tampered Days and races with EVOs/Supra's/GTRs; thats why I keep pointing out the importance of going to a time track day. People just want a quick time and there is more racer:noob ratio so your given your own space.

Either way, looks like fun.

ok, i take that noob part back... maybe he isn't a noob. but regardless he is "competing" in a fun day, even though this d!ckface knows there are alot of NOOBS (like myself) who never driven on the track before. breaking the rules and cutting and over taking on the corners was what he was doing making hell dangerous for everyone around him. and as far as i know i wasn't the only person who thought so on the day. (i think he got black flagged sometime too?) anyhows he brought it upon himself...

fun day should be what it is... a fun day. although the day was organised very well, (kudos to the winton officials) the vast power differences in cars is making me think twice about participating on a fun day in the future... esp when people like this guy is on the track...

sory but the holden driver was a d!ck, straight up. Like duy said, he should respect that its a fun day and let everyone else enjoy it.. but then again.. who was?

oh well.. over it now.. now for dedicated track days. :spiteful:

WOW shyt, my family's car sounds like a beast, but man its freakn loud inside i got a massive headache when i got home from your house duy <_< <_< :( :( :( :(

i think im gonna go change it to a varex like ROW's white stivo.

Is it me or the guy driving the MR2 (Trung's youtube link) can't shift?

And yes, waiting for Trung (the other Trung 'dorifto' :P) to go trackday. :toast:

Is it me or the guy driving the MR2 (Trung's youtube link) can't shift?

And yes, waiting for Trung (the other Trung 'dorifto' :P) to go trackday. :toast:

why not be in it? :spiteful: :spiteful:

put those BC coillies to the test!

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, when we hiring a track and getting us all out on there? At least that way there will be less traffic. :P I'd sh*t my pants if I were out with that many cars that I didn't trust.

(That goes with saying, I trust all you haha)

So guys, when we hiring a track and getting us all out on there? At least that way there will be less traffic. :P I'd sh*t my pants if I were out with that many cars that I didn't trust.

(That goes with saying, I trust all you haha)

we could but its very hard and expensive unless you get alot of people going. if dorifto organises it, we might get a few from other clubs too to compete

bring it on!!! :D :D :D