Greatest rally special stage in Canberra

MT

4V-0-pMfSIY

I was standing there watching it... rumour was the guy had just pulled 4th gear at the top of the shaft.

However, don't be disheartened, its good fun when done correctly, i assure you. :toast::yahoo::clap:

Surely a local would know about the mineshaft!!??

Ah well, you learn something new everyday... that guy did

EDIT: dude that guy has ACT plates... He would know the mineshaft, as if he'd hit it in 4th! WTF was the co-driver doing too, pretty sure it's like a triple-double-million caution in the notes anyway...

EDIT II: At the 23 second mark of the video, watch for the lady in the red jumper... Is she throwing up?? Also there's someone wailing in the background. I assure you people, not all Canberrans are that weird.

Edited by Tayles

hahahaha i think that chick WAS throwing up!! haha..

umm no but even IIIII know about the mineshaft - courtesy of micky_tee's tour skills... it's pretty mad...i'd love to take something for a whirl down it..

out of curiosity how fast should you be hitting the top of the shaft so that you don't do things like that?

she's def puking...

did anyone else notice the sponser on the front of the bonnet is "hydroponics" :lol:

Tom there are 2 schools of thought how to tackle the mineshaft... some drivers think its easier to go over the top and get a small jump and then use the power of the car to drive u down the rest of the way, hence having more speed for the next corners... all 3 of them.

Others, such as Neal Bates and (the late) Possum Bourne liked to get decent air and land about 3/4 of the way down, except unlike this guy, they landed on all 4 wheels.