Is the Camry Azura any good?

Blade Hunter

I currently have a ZZE123 Corolla Sportivo and am thinking of getting rid of it and getting a 3 year old Camry Azura. I am getting older and want the comfort of an Auto 6 and a car that not everyone wants to run at the lights :(.

We also want some seat comfort. My missus is incredibly uncomfortable in the Sportivo seats. Are the Camry ones the same or are they more comfortable seats?

Is there anything I should look out for when checking out the Azuras?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by Blade Hunter

In all honesty...3 year old camry, might be better to get a 2006 Aurion. The v6 is powerful, auto is beautiful, all round great car.

Should be able to pick on up for about $25k, up to you whether you want a sportivo or just base model at-x...all are great.

I currently have a ZZE123 Corolla Sportivo and am thinking of getting rid of it and getting a 3 year old Camry Azura. I am getting older and want the comfort of an Auto 6 and a car that not everyone wants to run at the lights :(.

We also want some seat comfort. My missus is incredibly uncomfortable in the Sportivo seats. Are the Camry ones the same or are they more comfortable seats?

Is there anything I should look out for when checking out the Azuras?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Nothing specific to the Azuras that I know of, just look for the typical Camry problems. But a car that old wouldn't show many problems, if any at all, if it's serviced properly.

The seating isn't too bad, the sports seats are much comfier than the standard ones. As apg39 said, in all honesty, if you can spare a couple of grand more, then go for an Aurion AT-X.

I was kind of thinking that too. I have leather seats and power options now, I don't want to downgrade but rather get something with similar or greater comforts and a bit more relaxed :).

I do however think that the Aurion is one of the better looking cars on the market. Might save that upgrade for after the Camry when I can afford the luxury Aurion :).

Thanks guys for your posts, I will still look into the Aurion as an option.

Seat covers help... especially the genuine sheepskin seat covers...

I could fall asleep in my chair!! hahaha

I'm on the same opinion that an Azura will be wayyy better than a base model Aurion.

• Like 1

Umm the Azura is pretty much a top of the range camry. I'd personally get that over a bottom of the range aurion.

so would i, but if he's going for something a little more conversative than a corolla sportivo then an aurion wasnt a stupid suggestion

Edited by lateralus

Umm the Azura is pretty much a top of the range camry. I'd personally get that over a bottom of the range aurion.

so would i, but if he's going for something a little more conversative than a corolla sportivo then an aurion wasnt a stupid suggestion

The GSV40 is a far, far, far superior vehicle over the MCV36. If you want top of the range similar to the Azura, go the Presara. Not sure where you live? We have a 07 Presara demo at our dealership. $45K driveaway and it's yours. New price around 54K. Our dealership is south of Brisbane, PM me if you wish to enquire.

Thanks but I am looking to spend under 20. I am also Sydney based (Although I have done the Syd QLD drive on Day one of owning a new car before :) ).

I will get about 17 for the Sportivo. I would be looking to spend that and maybe just a couple more on the conversion. I am not looking to buy a new car, Just want to change from the sporty little car to the luxurious family sized car :).

• 6 years later...

I've been looking for a MCV20R Azura for about two years now and a low k example in decent condition is like finding rocking horse excrement and chicken teeth simultaneously.

I've found one in two years that looked like it was half decent only to find it had been side swiped on the side that wasnt shown in the pics.