Did someone say big brake kit

xoom

All this talk i see about "how do i go faster" i have yet to see any discussion about "how do i stop in time"

So if anyone needs to pull their stivo up in a hurry then these babies will do it just fine ;) ;) ;)

6808_1.JPG

682a_1.JPG

spotted on ebay ..... damn good price as well

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/D2-8-Piston-Brake-k...%3A1|240%3A1318

although its a 5 stud for the celica they can be redrilled to suit 4x100 for the sportivo (my BBK is for a celica as well)

I will admit the braking department has taken a bit of an interest with me of late. Not looking to go bigger, but moreso, some slotted rotors and better pads maybe. I don't know though, have to do more research (which is why I clicked this thread while passing through). Cheers Bill (the intake / ITG filter is still going btw and untouched. It's worth it's weight in gold. Best mod on the car haha).

Unfortunately this brake kit is D2, and if I've learnt anything, I'm never touching anything with D2 on it ever again. Especially when it's something that keeps you from dying, like brakes or suspension.

I will admit the braking department has taken a bit of an interest with me of late. Not looking to go bigger, but moreso, some slotted rotors and better pads maybe. I don't know though, have to do more research (which is why I clicked this thread while passing through). Cheers Bill (the intake / ITG filter is still going btw and untouched. It's worth it's weight in gold. Best mod on the car haha).

Unfortunately this brake kit is D2, and if I've learnt anything, I'm never touching anything with D2 on it ever again. Especially when it's something that keeps you from dying, like brakes or suspension.

dba4000 celica rotors, ds2500 ferodo pads, braided line & rbf600 fluid ...... problem solved dead man ;)

• 5 years later...

Wow, I am bringing up an old thread. I am currently running the RBF600 on Remsa brake pads and braided lines but I have standard rotors. I managed to boil the fluid on my latest track day and was wondering how much the rotors matter in terms of heat dissipation. I understand how brakes work but would the standard rotors have anything to do with the fluid boiling?

They have done 112,000km so would they need changing anyway?

Thanks