AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Hi guys,

I've noticed my Sportivo has left a small spot of red/pink fluid on the garage floor.

As it was located at the front drivers side I'm presuming it is power steering fluid.

Has anyone else experienced this type of leak on their Sportivo?

Would it be best to take it to a dealer or can anyone recommend a professional mechanic in Sydney who knows what they are doing and uses genuine parts?

Thanks in advance :)

Any mechanic can use genuine parts and should be able to diagnose the leak. It is likely coming from the steering pump or rack area.

Thanks for your reply mate.

Do you think it's worth going to the dealer for this fix?

My usual mechanic is on holidays and don't know of any other reputable ones that are local.

Keep an eye on the fluids, keep them topped up and get your mechanic to look when they get back. Not worth going to a dealer.

Keep an eye on the fluids, keep them topped up and get your mechanic to look when they get back. Not worth going to a dealer.

Thanks again mate.

Power steering fluid is currently on minimum.

Can you recommend a mechanic in the St George area?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MTBer
      Item: TOYOTA CALDINA GT-T  2L TURBO AWD - White
      Item Condition: Excellent Used Condition – no accidents – no finance issues
      Reason for Selling: Regretfully selling due to family issues and too many cars. (Wish I had $$$ to buy a manual 2003 model of these I would!)
      Price and Payment conditions: $7,500 ono, bank transfer (car is yours when I see total in my account)
      Any additional information: Completely Stock/Unmodified ~200kw 2.0L Turbo All Wheel Drive in a nice size wagon with Toyota reliability. Very hard to find in this condition with such low km’s (~109,000).
      ST215 3S-GTE engine (Parts are not a problem because it has the same engine and 4WD system as Celica GT4 – not that I’ve ever had to worry. This put my mind at ease when I bought it.)
      Forget Corollas, This car is awesome, when you own one you’ll realise! I've owned this car for nearly 4 years with no hassles. Oil & filter changed every 5000, very well maintained.
      Features…
      ·         ~200kw(320Nm) 2.0L Turbo All Wheel Drive with Intercooler
      ·         Rare signature 17” Diablo racing wheels (white)
      ·         Pirelli P7 tyres
      ·         Timing belt changed at 66,000
      ·         Aircon so cold you’ll think you’re in Antarctica! Auto control & outside thermometer
      ·         Only used Premium 98
      ·         Tinted windows, p.steer/windows/mirrors

Shipping: Will assist buyer if I am able
      Contact Details: Andrew – SMS/Call 0421100418

• By Aref62
      Hi!
      Is the oil residual on the engine cap (photo is attached) a warning on the condition of the engine?
      Also, when starting the engine, light white smoke comes out of the exhust, but it goes away after around 15 minutes.
      Thanks!

• By Sick Puppy
      Hi everyone, I am trying to source foglights for a Series 2 Corolla wagon (ZZE122R), the larger plastic ones with the spotlight inserts. Please let me know if you have any for sale or are aware of where they can be found, purchased etc.
      Thanks!

• By ZRLevin2009
      Hi,
      I’m having difficulties with my car audio in a ZR Levin 2008 model Corolla. I am hearing audio only faintly through my tweeter speakers.. all other sound has stopped. I had someone check the console and wires behind to make sure it is working/swap in another one to see if it made a difference which unfortunately it didn’t. 
      I don’t think the speakers have blown. When the audio cut out the first time, it came on the next time I started the car and then cut out again and hasn’t worked since. 
      I also can’t find anyone on the net in Sydney that offers repairs of the sought? 
      Has anyone experienced this problem before? Any ideas as to how to fix it?

• By Inaam Schellen
      hi guys ive been a long time lurker of this forum since i purchased a 2005 corolla sportivo. it's been approximately 2 months since my lift stopped working and i've spent nearly $2000 with still no luck and i'm getting really desperate. i have tried almost everyone suggestion here on this forum and other websites with no luck. would really appreciate if you took the time to read and help me out.
      when i purchased the car it was running perfectly. it was on 160k kms and clutch felt good, the car felt very responsive and lift kicked in really hard. fast forward a month later i noticed it was leaking oil. it was a small oil leak and i took it to a mechanic to fix it for me right away. he told me it was a timining case oil leak and he replaced the timing case gasket, rocker cover gasket, crankshaft ceil, manifold gasket and exhaust gasket. also put in a new radiator and water pump. now he also told me he couldnt find a rocker cover gasket as toyota had none available and it would be a minimum 2 week wait to order from overseas. i said that's fine.. but he called me the next day saying he found one and the car was ready. sounded fishy? but whatever, i took my car for a spin and it felt like ****. big flatspot in acceleration under 4k rpm and the lift didnt kick in. sometimes it would but it was really weak. no sort of 'kick', just a smooth transition. 
      i read on a separate post to:
      - Check Lift bolts. Very common on the preface lift 03/04 models for them to wear down quicker, although the design has since been corrected.
      - Check oil level, make sure your engine has enough oil.
      - Check the VVTLi solenoid as the filter/screen inside of it can get clogged and cause lift to not engage, see below:
      so i replaced lift bolts. no luck.
      i did an engine flush and changed the oil. no luck. however i realised the oil level light stays on for about 5 seconds when i turn the car on then it turns off. not sure if that's normal or if i haven't noticed that before?
      cleaned out the ocv solenoid screen. it was abit sticky. still no luck.

So everything sort of went to **** after i got the car back from fixing the oil leak. would really appreciate some suggestions because it's been 2 months and it's really bugging me and i'm getting really desperate. i've taken it to about 5 mechanics who have absolutely no clue what could be wrong.