AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

CheekySportivo

Power Steering leak 2005 Corolla Sportivo

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've noticed my Sportivo has left a small spot of red/pink fluid on the garage floor.

As it was located at the front drivers side I'm presuming it is power steering fluid.

Has anyone else experienced this type of leak on their Sportivo?

Would it be best to take it to a dealer or can anyone recommend a professional mechanic in Sydney who knows what they are doing and uses genuine parts?

Thanks in advance :)

Any mechanic can use genuine parts and should be able to diagnose the leak. It is likely coming from the steering pump or rack area.

Thanks for your reply mate.

Do you think it's worth going to the dealer for this fix?

My usual mechanic is on holidays and don't know of any other reputable ones that are local.

Keep an eye on the fluids, keep them topped up and get your mechanic to look when they get back. Not worth going to a dealer.

Keep an eye on the fluids, keep them topped up and get your mechanic to look when they get back. Not worth going to a dealer.

Thanks again mate.

Power steering fluid is currently on minimum.

Can you recommend a mechanic in the St George area?

I am from QLD, so no.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By alphasinity
      Hey everyone, new to the corolla scene here, i've owned a 2005 Corolla Ascent Hatch ZZE122R for around a year now and was just wondering if it is possible to modify it and make it look nice and unique in a way? you know like the usual, body kit, exhaust, wheels, suspension setup and if worth it, some performance parts. I'm not sure whether the car is compatible with the usual 2005 levin/sportivo parts, so it would be much appreciated if someone can help me out! Mind me if this sounds all stupid lol. 
      Much appreciated! cheers ;) 
    • By TheAussieAdmiral
      Hello Everyone! my Dad gave me his 2007 Corolla as a first car. it has done a fair few Kms (260,000). after that time, the chrome ring on the stock gear shift has peeled up and is quite annoying to shift with. i have been thinking about replacing it with a new one im making in my engineering class.

i have been looking online for tutorials on how to remove the stock one but to no avail. is it just threaded on?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks!. 
    • By Kroeger
      Hi everyone
      I  looking at buying a vehicle and was going through the maintenance history when I spotted a power steering stop leak charge(done a year ago)
      To get some information I rang the place that worked on the car and was able to find the owner the operator who looked through the records and told me that the stop leak was used to fix a leak and the stuff he used was proven(softened the seals)and at the recent check(road worthy) there were no leaks.
      I asked him how often I would need to use the stuff and he said I just need to change the fluid and make sure its clean and I wouldn't have to.
      Is it worth picking up this car or should I shop around. Would like some insights into costs involved in case there were repairs involved in the future.
      Thanks in advance.

• By Xcainx
      Hey guys
      I just bought a 11/2007 Corolla and I want to chuck on some nice wheels, an exhaust and a body kit of some kind. Eventually adding all the bells and whistles as I go along.
      I'm not really in the know with cars and am looking to start working on this myself as much as I can but don't know where to start shopping or what is compatibile with my car.
      Any suggestions, information, brands, pricing etc for a lower budget newbie to make my car look and sound tough would be greatly appreciated