AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Hi guys,

I've noticed my Sportivo has left a small spot of red/pink fluid on the garage floor.

As it was located at the front drivers side I'm presuming it is power steering fluid.

Has anyone else experienced this type of leak on their Sportivo?

Would it be best to take it to a dealer or can anyone recommend a professional mechanic in Sydney who knows what they are doing and uses genuine parts?

Thanks in advance :)

trentmeyer23    467

Any mechanic can use genuine parts and should be able to diagnose the leak. It is likely coming from the steering pump or rack area.

Thanks for your reply mate.

Do you think it's worth going to the dealer for this fix?

My usual mechanic is on holidays and don't know of any other reputable ones that are local.

trentmeyer23    467

Keep an eye on the fluids, keep them topped up and get your mechanic to look when they get back. Not worth going to a dealer.

Keep an eye on the fluids, keep them topped up and get your mechanic to look when they get back. Not worth going to a dealer.

Thanks again mate.

Power steering fluid is currently on minimum.

Can you recommend a mechanic in the St George area?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By alwyn2
      installed 4wd 1mzfe motor in, wrong motor sent required 2wd did not no until trying to fit, is there any  way to use 4wd in 2wd vehicle
    • By alphasinity
      Hey everybody
      Im currently in need of a stock or sports Toyota Corolla Sportivo Exhaust. Not the whole system but mainly just for the muffler. If anybody based in Sydney has one in stock and is no longer in need of the exhaust. Please PM me. Admin delete if not allowed. 
      Thanks guys! 
    • By ParramattaPower
      Hi guys,

Had a question about an issue I am suffering with my Corolla (2007) Ascent.

Essentially the gauges (speed, odometer, rev), lights for cental column (air con, fan) are not turning on when I switch on.my headlights. They come eventually. Unfortunately, this may mean minutes without lights on my dashboard.
      Basically, i can't clear see my speed at night.
      Headlights and rears work fine. Internal lights above head switch on fine. No issues there.
      Just my internals on dashboard that are suffering here.
      I analysed the no.18 fuse (in engine compartment) for "internal lights"  but it is not blown.
      Not an electrician. Could it be the relay though?
      Any thoughts guys?
      Thank you.

• By Darry
      Hi, my Corolla has had this vibration for a couple of months now, which is very annoying. It only happens once I get above 90 KM/h and gets worse the faster I go. At first I thought it was the front tires so I changed them and got them balanced, and it still persists. Had a slightly bad rear driver's side bearing and just thought the problems were related but that was not it neither as I changed it to. Any help would be appreciated.