Aurion Prodigy - worth the extra money?

nswnotill

I have a 2008 Aurion Touring sedan, and I am very pleased with it. However I may trade it sometime on a later model Aurion.

Even though the Prodigy model is not being sold any more, is it worth the extra financial outlay compared to the more basic models? I note it was around $5K dearer when new, and still has a premium in the used car market. It is worth the extra money? I am not considering a Sportivo as I am in a rural area, and cars with side skirts and low panels do not go so well on unsealed roads.

Does anyone have any opinions?

Edited by nswnotill
spelling error

Hi Ronald, for my 20 cents worth we LOVE our Aurion Presara..and having checked out the ATX and Touring models before our purchase I am so pleased we went the whole way with the Presara..all the bells,whistles and sheer glorious luxury. I agree that the roads where your located would pay a price on the sport's models..so for me I would be really checking out that Prodigy

Good Luck with your choice

KAA

For that little bit of extra money, I'd go the Presara over the Prodigy. You get ALL the features. Lexus features for Toyota money. In fact, when I was looking for my car I saw a black Presara that had only done 86,000 Kms -- price was 13K. Was sorely tempted to buy it...but it sold very quickly. The Presaras are a bargain!

For the 50 aurion, the different of ATX and Prodigy only have fog light, leather seats, keyless start and 17 inch wheels and some useless function like memory seats. I would go ATX for cheap price or Presara for more feature.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 4:43 PM, leolam said:

For the 50 aurion, the different of ATX and Prodigy only have fog light, leather seats, keyless start and 17 inch wheels and some useless function like memory seats. I would go ATX for cheap price or Presara for more feature.

Actually the memory seats is a great feature. I have it set for myself and for when my wife drives it. You get the exact same driving position all the time unlike manual seats where you have to get clunky with it after someone else has been driving.

Other features of the Prodigy also include, auto rear folding window blind, auto dipping mirrors when reversing, auto lock of all doors when driving away, external chrome accents and some faux wood inside.

All in all it is really a nice package. Elegant and stylish. I am very happy with mine.

• 1 month later...

I have the 40 Prodigy, and it's the best car I've had, don't bother with the ATX unless you really don't care about luxury and gadgets.

dont get me wrong it's a nice car but I wouldn't go any less the the Prodigy. I should have got the presara to start with but I was stupid and bought the first thing I saw, but still loving it.

get the Prodigy or Presara, I don't believe you'll regret it.