uniflow air intake

definately agree with you peekay, if you do get a pod within close proximity to the engine, get it enclosed with heat shielding and run piping to the front of the vehicle, like a CAI, but the pod is closer to the engine.

hope that makes sense.

-Chris

shaohaok what happened on hot days? can you please explain more why it was painful? was your engine running poorly because of the hot air?

it was just slow, engine felt like it didn't wanna rev, wasn't responsive, like lethargic?

i wouldn't get it if i was after performance coz it really only felt good on cool nights and in the winter. i only got it for the awesome sound it made. :D

:lol: Actually i think the TRD CAI isn't all that bad for $500, because the aluminium pipe costs a bit to custom make to get the filter down in the left corner. ALso the adapter will cost a bit too plus the filter and it can come close to $500 with a K & N cos i got quoted for $300 for a pod in the engine bay. And you can be sure the TRD will come fitting close to perfect. Is that right peekay?

Well looking at mine (redid it today)...

Flexible piping with high heat rating - $24/m

'Air filter mount' (basically short steel/aluminum pipe length) - $30

Piece of PVC to get piping through to front cavity - $5

Air filter (semi cheap Supercheap brand) - $30

All up about $100, plus if you want to make an air ram to direct air into that front cavity. Of course if you want a K&N thats about $130 for the filter. Rollamods has a good example on his cars I believe.

I would not be using a cheap filter they do nothing to protect you motor. Fitting the TRD unit is fine with some mods. I would rather do this than anything else as it looks good and is virtually designed for the car.

The TRD unit does cost a bit, but i couldnt be bothered looking around, im sure you could get a custom made one for a lot less, i mean all it is really is a pipe with a hole for the air flow meter and a pod, the other parts are easy to get, a few nuts, heck you can even use some parts off the original air box like the hose that connects to the throttle body and use that to attach the cai pipe.

Actually only has a TRD sticker...but never mind. Yes I agree $500 is alot. But man it looks and sounds great. Advice if I may offer it you have to be careful because of the Air flow sensor has to be exactly in the centre of the Pipe as per a mechanic or will not work correctly and the car will run rough. You may pay alot for the TRD, INJEN, AEM unit but they are made correctly so every thing positioned right. If the price scares you go to $108 US plus shipping.

Cosmo Racing