Problems with breaks and discs

Hello everybody, just want to let every1 know about my dads 05 corolla that is been in toyota service more for warranty work then services. Main issues are breaks. Since we bought the car, breaks were shuddering and leaving black nasty dust marks on the wheels. We have been complaining to toyota since 1000 service. They were just saying that everything was normal and they couldn't find the problem. 10 000km and 20 000km service mention breaks they were normal to them. Complained On 30 000 service they have found out that our front discs and breaks were totally destroyed and need replacing. So they did it under warranty. Mean while car also had weird noises coming from the engine. Firstly they started with belts. Then when they did that. Few 1000kms we had another strange noise from the engine, take it back and they replaced the belt tensioner. 40 000 service we complained about the rear breaks, still lots of dust and shudder from the back and again noise in the engine bay. They changed the alternator and that fixed the noise in the engine, breaks were fined according to them. Now today took the car for 50 000 service again Engine noise and rear breaks on the check up list. They called me today saying that they need to replace the belt tensioner again under warranty. And also they need to replace my rear discs and breaks which we would have to pay $660. I told em to do everything cept the breaks. Went there was arguing with the service guy, then service manager they said that toyota doesn't want to replace South African Built corollas breaks, because they have lots of issues with them and they are covered under warentty to 20 000km. Now that just ****** me off and they didnt want to hear about it being replaced under warranty. So I went home and called Toyota Australia and they have told me the same thing, nothing they can do about it, Its wear and tear. I know its wear and tear but how many other cars have to change their "rear discs" on 50 000km on the clock. We have been complaining about them since day one I dont know what they doing now but my family was always happy with toyota vehicles because they were good and good quality cars. Now my parents are very disappointed and upset at toyota. Is there any other way that we can get those discs under warranty or should we just go with other brand and replace em our self? Thats my story for now. Thank you for your time and reading this big whingey threat.

Russ

Dude that's F****D!

It's as if Toyota are cocky now because they have the largest share of the market in Australia. But it's families like yours who keep them afloat - brand loyalty from decent people who consistently buy Toyota for quality will be shot to sh!t . That's poor business.

Real sorry to hear about this.

...and yes, it is the consumer who is unfortunately bearing the brunt of Toyota's mistake of importing cars from South Africa; thank goodness they won't be doing that again!

If it makes them feel any better, a friend of mine is also having all sorts of problems with his South African built VW Golf 2.0 TDI and he is wanting to get rid of it.

That is complete and utter bs.

Get in touch with customer relations. The warranty should be covering the brakes because it's not wear and tear for the brakes to wear as they have. The problem is the poor quality discs used on the SA build cars.

Keep hounding all avenues until it's replaced YOU SHOULD NOT BE PAYING FOR THIS.

If the SA delivered brakes cause so much trouble, shouldn't that mean that they shoud be replacing it???..........and no its not normal for disc to be replaced after 50k km.....thats utter bs, maybe pads but definitely not the disc!!!

Keep annoying them.....and if all else fails get a good set yourself and call your local mech to put it in, much cheaper and better..............For some reason I don't really trust dealer mechs, but thats cause my local mech is damn good

hey there guys, just wondering when u guys mention brakes did u mean the actual discs or the pads ? still kind of a newbie here n bit lost LOL buh yeh .. i dunno whether dis applies to me .. buh i think when my parents first bought the car it was second hand from those rental places which did around 43k in an 05 ascent SA built ... dont ask how that happen LOl i have no idea n ew ay ... yeh when i got it i took it for service maybe around 45k and at the time i was literally scraping .. i took it to toyota in banksia in syd , and i had to get ot changed all 4 brakes and a major service since BUDGET rental cars didnt do n e service to it n e way i got it serviced. the guys did the major service but didnt change my discs .. they said that they had to contact warranty to see if my discs can be changed ... about 3 days lata they called me up saying that it is covered by warranty and that if i didnt have it it woulda cost me 1.2k to fix plus id pay $120 for oem brake pads fronts n backs with no labour charge.. im not sure about u guys but im quite happy with my service guys ... i mite be paying more for it but at least by service records the cars fine ... i havent had n e problems with them at all ... i dont know how so many toyota dealers can be quite kurupted LOL

cheers

anthony

Edited by phoboi

• 3 weeks later...

All SA built rolla's had problem with pads and disc's .... if you take it back before 50,000kms they will do for free .. after this they have lived up to their part of the deal ..... get it done even if you have no problems now ..

Jap built is what i have and now with a change of pads(not genuine toyota) they make a S$itfull noise and no ONE can fix this .. only when the get hot the grind a bit ... Pads almost still new .... Toyota only reason is ..... NOT GENUINE PADS ....

What Pads are people running in there 1zze ??? i assume Sportivo's have better brakes ?

heys

atm im using the bendix standards buh man they are crap ***** loL i had em installed a month ago and now they already down to the metal :( my next service i want my OEMS back :P they so rOCK !!!

• 1 month later...

Just swapped the ****ty rear once With rpd rotors and ebc rear brakes 2 days ago. So far so good. Better breaking and no dust. 2 rotors and set of ebc brakes was just $230. Had wars with toyota Australia but no go. So I got my own instead. EBC are way much better then bendix brakes. So hopefully this will last for the life of the car that we own it, not long I hope.

Russ

Damn thats poor poor customer service i tell ya.. they love telling you nothing is wrong with it and when something goes wrong after a while, they blame it on u and tell u that it was YOUR FAULT not theirs...

I had squeeky noise with my shocks from day 1 i got he car (USED thou - from a toyota dealer) Brought it back and they didnt do much about it.. just told me they are normal.. so i dunno.. maybe its time for new shocks or smething ..

but yeh.. i dont think that its just toyota that does that.. i think now days, any dealership u walk into gives you that kinda ****... they simply dont care about after sales service nemore.. they just wanna get the cars out there.. and hoping that ur car dies quickly and come back to get more...

After what I read.. getting bit worried with my breaks :P hmm hopefully mine are still going nice n strong.. not in the mood of changing breaks :P

For me Toyota admitted there was a problem with the brake discs and they said would deglaze them for me, i suspect a quick bull**** sandpaper job, and they have started playing up again. I'm going back when i get time and not leaving until i have new discs.