67781655tv4.th.jpg

and heres the lovely fat sub, jlw6v2

17818958pw3.th.jpg

and the amp to run it, jlaudio mono500/1

32317034wy2.th.jpg

and here we have one happy family :)

26548683uc7.th.jpg

img3634mq8.th.jpg

i customized the board to perfectly fit the boot and also the amp stand, cost about $25-30 including spray, havent finished yet, thinking about carperting the whole deck but dont know yet :S

go JL!

Edited by akuma

Nice i like, carpeting it would makea huge difference.

I have a fake floor also and mines been done in black carpet.

Are you going to the cruise tomorrow?

We can compare;)

• 2 weeks later...

did you take out the garbage?

geez stop nagging lol

oh yea heres the pic of my bass control

DSC00233.jpg

y dont you try 2make yours fit somewhere as if it came with the car?

Edited by JJCRU23R

did you take out the garbage?

geez stop nagging lol

LOL!!!! :clap::toast:

Nice setup akuma.

Oops jase looks like you need to take your own advice :lol::lol::lol:

y dont you try 2make yours fit somewhere as if it came with the car?

hey tayles.. can you show me a perfectly flat surface on the dash? i was talking in terms of his bass level being screwed down and fixed to something instead of being held down by velcro.

hey i like where i put my bass level! hhahaha!

keeps it stealth instead of screwing it somewhere under the steering wheel.. but my point is that it would be better if he screwed it down somewhere.

i was actually thinking that if there was a place like what weve got in the corolla... like near the immobiliser light and the electric window switches on the right side of the steering wheel.. if there was an extra space for a switch.. could possibly place it there.

i said that coz if my bass level was as small and discreet as his, thats where id try fitting it.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Got FEW question,

1. did u use signal processor? how did u run the amp and where yr signals comes from?

2. with sound system running original HU, how is the sound quality compared to other HU? a lot of difference?

3. did u change the speakers?

SOrry for asking soo much, coz i m thinking of what to do to mine... thzz

I got my professionally installed, so wouldnt have a clue. My speakers are stock though, my mates got a camry as well but his got alpine typeR sub running an alpine unit, but mine still kicks his ****. Saving money to get a HU so then i can config more settings.

• 1 month later...
I got my professionally installed, so wouldnt have a clue. My speakers are stock though, my mates got a camry as well but his got alpine typeR sub running an alpine unit, but mine still kicks his ****. Saving money to get a HU so then i can config more settings.

So you finally got the boot cleaned up? I remember @ GOR cruise you had a loosely sitting sub and amp @ the back.

Got pics?

• 1 month later...

hi

Just commenting.. when installing a sub, wouldn't there be was tooo much bass??

wouldn't upgrading the speckers and headunit first be a better approch....

how does the sub sound anyways? i got a friend that has the same amp and sub, but hasn't installed it yet.

hi

Just commenting.. when installing a sub, wouldn't there be was tooo much bass??

wouldn't upgrading the speckers and headunit first be a better approch....

how does the sub sound anyways? i got a friend that has the same amp and sub, but hasn't installed it yet.

hmm i second that, it would be alot more balanced if u had some deacent speakers to match the subby. i guess its just what the actuall driver prefers and the original speakers commin from the newer cars are alot more better these days. nice work with the boot tho

Bass controllers are good but, alot of headunits are coming out with in-built bass contollers. i personallly think that if you can get a HU that has the function use it and save the wiring up time and having another thing taking up compartment space.

Bass controllers are good but, alot of headunits are coming out with in-built bass contollers. i personallly think that if you can get a HU that has the function use it and save the wiring up time and having another thing taking up compartment space.

I hear ya... but i think i'll be keeping my stock HU for awhile... (facelift stivo)...

I love not changing the cd's... i used to change cd's every week with my old 10 cd stacker...

i just think that if anyone was to start upgrading spund gear, it should be:

First get a nice headunit. Then splits. If money is a problem just run the splits of the head unit. a nice amp to go with the splits would be the next step. Finally, a nice BIG sub and amp to power it.

A lot of poeple these days are saying to go all out on an awsome pair of front speakers and leave the back ones off. Honestly, does anyone really care about the passenger? subs in smaller cars ie. corolla.. we don't really need an awsome one, because the car is small we can get by with 300-400w rms.

If people are looking to do their entire system at once, you can go for a 4 channel and power the whole car or the way i went through above (you can have alot more power that way)

I'm not saying this is the way it HAS to be done. just that i think you'll probably get the most out of the speaker upgrades if you take it step by step.

Hey akuma,JJCRU23R, and everyone else.

Just wondering what brand your bass controller is?

you can buy them seperately, yeah?

Thanks in advance

Hey,

The bass controller came with my amp, JL mono 500/1,