exhaust setup for zze122r sedan

What exhaust have people thrown on to a 2004 sedan ..

i know most people got stivo hatch but i like my sedan more ...people talk about CES cat back ? i am after something nice .. with little noise in normal traffic

I only ever seen one other sedan with nice exhaust .. i want to stand out ( without a canon ) ?

I could be very wrong, but the stock exhaust for a ZZE122R sedan and hatch are the same; I own the latter.

For an effective and economical alternative, I have swapped the stock cat back for a cat back from a sportivo that you may be able to acquire through this forum.

It is inconspicuous in normal traffic, delivering a slightly louder bass note when compared to the stock cat back as well as providing less restrictive exhaust flow when the engine is at mid to high rpm with the trade off of less torque felt in the low rpm range.

-m_luke

sedan has different muffler to hatch. the sedan is longer because of the boot and therefore has a longer muffler body. the tip however is still the same small thing.

be careful on the muffler since you need back pressure or will lose power in the 1zz. many have gone with the twin loop style available from xforce.

overseas where the sedan is more popular there are professional centre pipes to buy offself. after talking with some people, some used things like n1 and lost power. now most sedans are running fgk which is fujitsubo. these are sometimes made for the wagon however since the wagon is only a little bit longer than a sedan, you can get away with installing this (bolt on) and not have the tip sticking out too far out once you install a rear skirt.

without a rear skirt it will stick out and look funny.

sedan has different muffler to hatch. the sedan is longer because of the boot and therefore has a longer muffler body. the tip however is still the same small thing.

be careful on the muffler since you need back pressure or will lose power in the 1zz. many have gone with the twin loop style available from xforce.

overseas where the sedan is more popular there are professional centre pipes to buy offself. after talking with some people, some used things like n1 and lost power. now most sedans are running fgk which is fujitsubo. these are sometimes made for the wagon however since the wagon is only a little bit longer than a sedan, you can get away with installing this (bolt on) and not have the tip sticking out too far out once you install a rear skirt.

sorry to correct you Marcus but the sedan and hacth are on the same wheelbase and are almost the same length. How do I know?? Because I do!! :P

The stock Sportivo cat back would be the best alternative for your car mate as it does give nice gains and nice but not loud note.

Yes it does fit on a sedan because Rolla Racer up here in Brissy has one on his sedan and it fits perfectly.

Ta guys .. if the stivo one fits then thats great now i need to find one ...

anyone got one for sale in melbourne ..... ??

and i noticed the exhaust under bar the tip is at angle is this same on hatch ? i seen one sedan with sticking out back (canon) with a nice hole cut in bumper

I could swear the sedans are a tad longer on the hatch... hence why the rear skirt for the hatch doesnt fit the sedan.

I'm going to second that. I tried to fit CORZZA's stivo exhaust on my sedan. Only part that fits is from cat to rear axle. From rear axle back is slightly different.

I'm going to take your word for it Marcus, cos' your more trustworthy. :D

I'm pretty sure good old eggbert99 was returning his sedan to stock... He had a full catback system for the sedan including a performance muffler, He was willing to split them up too. PM him to see if they are still for sale, it was a top setup.

I'm pretty sure good old eggbert99 was returning his sedan to stock... He had a full catback system for the sedan including a performance muffler, He was willing to split them up too. PM him to see if they are still for sale, it was a top setup.

i did have it for sale ... but was sold with the car ... and yes i miss my exhaust ... frigging yaris = lame

and regarding the wheel base ... it is the same length ... its just the boot that throws out the length .... only by a bit ... but enough so you can bolt on a stivo muffler ..

just need to extend a tad and it wont be bold on ...

The wheelbase is the same, but the sedan has a longer rear overhang like the wagon. The shape of the sedan rear bumper means that a Stock Sportivo exhaust would be behind the bumper like have a rear skirt on a hatch. So you would have to extend or change the tip.

• 1 month later...

The wheelbase is the same, but the sedan has a longer rear overhang like the wagon. The shape of the sedan rear bumper means that a Stock Sportivo exhaust would be behind the bumper like have a rear skirt on a hatch. So you would have to extend or change the tip.

Hatch DOES NOT fit ..... i wasted money on 2 rear mufflers .. been told wagon doesn't fit either ....

anyone got XFORCE on a sedan ... i would like pics emailed to me if possible .... or even pics installed on hatch .... thanks

Hatch DOES NOT fit ..... i wasted money on 2 rear mufflers .. been told wagon doesn't fit either ....

anyone got XFORCE on a sedan ... i would like pics emailed to me if possible .... or even pics installed on hatch .... thanks

mate no idea what are you are doing but the hatch exhaust DOES FIT cause we put a stock sportivo system on a sedan here in brisbane....mabey our cars are diff to those down south :blink:

mate no idea what are you are doing but the hatch exhaust DOES FIT cause we put a stock sportivo system on a sedan here in brisbane....mabey our cars are diff to those down south :blink:

well i got 2 rear mufflers . sportivo and after market .... spotivo .. muffler half the size ... mounts are too short yes will bolt to exhaust but thats it ... you do have to extend the pipe from the axle ... if you mean fulll exhaust from hatch to sedan ... i would like to see it cause the hatch is shorter sedan muffler is 24inch in length and hatch is about 18 so some mods would be required ... not just bolt on ...

anything can fit if you willing to waste money at exhaust shop ... i was gunna fit R33 to corolla but why bother

mate it was 100% bolt on as when he sold the sedan it was put onto a 1zz hatch...

well i would like to see cause i wasted $200 already and 3 exhaust shops say no ..

everything available for hatch ///nothing for sedan :(

the hatch is 200mm shorter maybe sportivo exhaust doesn't fit but the mounts under care i can 200 % tell you DO NOT match

see pic below .. quite a difference

they do not fit as the size is different i was upset beliving this forum that it would fit - sportivo hatch the smaller one

post-3712-1178450329_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrivInGScHool

Your Option

headers

WildCat headers 4-2-1

Ces Headers 4-2-1

DC-sport headers 4-1

midsection

Custom- made from your local exhaust shop

Sportivo mid section

Axel back

Custom- made from your loval exhaust shop

Modified sportivo muffler.

TRD Sports muffler

----------------------

What have ppl done ie the axel back and the pipe size for 1zz?

some ppl have chosen the 2" exhaust and others have 2.25"

sportivo is one of the best mufflers from my point of view.. its not loud.

twin loop is ok. not as quiet as i expected it to be.

cannons... loud...

interms of performance. they are all pretty much similar.

video of a rolla sedan with a catback 2 1/4 inch and x-force p-ex11

here is when i had trd waydo on my sedan. for those that do not know, waydo is trd brand for wagon parts. like all japanese mufflers the welds on this was smooth and extremely clean.

it cost around $700 and was completely bolt-on. back pressure was maintained obviously with a high price 1zz designed muffler and power is supposed to be increased by this trd product.

everything from japan is bolt-on as everything is specifically made for a particular car. if you want this or any bolt-on muffler you need to shop in japan.

sedanwaydo4oo.jpg

i was upset beliving this forum that it would fit

i said it was different. from the photo above you can see how WAGON products do fit onto sedan.

mate it was 100% bolt on as when he sold the sedan it was put onto a 1zz hatch...

well i would like to see cause i wasted $200 already and 3 exhaust shops say no ..

everything available for hatch ///nothing for sedan :(

the hatch is 200mm shorter maybe sportivo exhaust doesn't fit but the mounts under care i can 200 % tell you DO NOT match

they do not fit as the size is different i was upset beliving this forum that it would fit - sportivo hatch the smaller one

LOL, I purchased one off a member too.. GG

thanks kcorro

yeah i guessed a wagon might fit .. but hatch does not and i just want people to know for sure ...

what i would really like is to have install like the pic above but maybe cut slight hole in bumper so it doesn't sit below bumper .... looks great though .. shame us sedan guys miss out on everything ... exhaust / lights / body kits ... the list goes on

.. shame us sedan guys miss out on everything ... exhaust / lights / body kits ... the list goes on

we have all that. you must be looking in the wrong places. check out the link i sent you, plenty of sedan options there.

Edited by kcorro