Dashboard painting...

C-rolla

I was scanning through old topics on the forum trying to find anyone who had painted there dash, but then i rememberd mopst of u lucky B**tards drive sportivos that come with the dash all silver already <_< .... :) .still i was just wondering how on my 2004 ascent i could make my dash look like the sportivo..has anyone tried this..any help would be much appreciated as that silver look is incredible...thanx guys

C-rolla.. :ph34r:

I haven't sat inside a normal rolla so i'm not sure what the interior is like... but for some reason i thought all of the centre console/dash was grainish, rather than smooth... which would make it difficult to paint and make it look good... though i am probably wrong.. because as i said... never sat in one.

crolla if you ask you might find a stivo owner who would trade their console bits with you as i know a few have said they do not like the silver bits as it looks tacky. you would be able to change all bits but the middle climate control because on the stivo it is electronic.

crolla if you ask you might find a stivo owner who would trade their console bits with you as i know a few have said they do not like the silver bits as it looks tacky. you would be able to change all bits but the middle climate control because on the stivo it is electronic.

No offence kcorro but who would be silly enough to do this when that would make their climate control system in operativie as that console only works in that car, also nothing else would work as the wiring looms are totally different.

As suggested by Toohey go to Carshine or http://www.burgdesign.com.au they sell kits that you can stick over the top of your consoles. They look quite good. On my Ascent before I replaced it with the Sportivo I did it in carbon look. You can sort if see it in the picture.

if you like woodgrain then there still should be a wrecked ultima in a cranbourne warehouse melbourne. apart from vinyl overlays you could get the bits you want silver painted 2 pak.