ALARM

just wondering people with corollas what upgrade alarm do you have installed in your car...and what does it come with...?

whats the price ranges on a upgrade alarm cause i dont think you can put a brand new alarm unless you going too pull the hole dyam factory alarm from the car....?

The stock remote door locking. Or stock alarm is easy to remove. So dont get a upgrade. Just replace it, you wont need two remotes. Unless you have a remote in the key mould.

After a bad experience with the standard alarm i upgrade to an Autowatch 3 point immobilising system ($450ish). The only fault in the system is it requires an extra remote, it honestly doesnt concern me but it does for others.

Edited by ar44

Good question. I've only started researching alarms recently and this thread could really help in deciding which one to get.

Problem is, do people really want to diclose the type of alarm system or lack of, on a public forum?! Meh, I think I am just suspicious by nature...

ahahhaa no worries...

was just thinking of what kind of alarams are suitable for out sportivos and if people have actually replaced the whole alarm with a brand new one thats all...because with my old car i had a factory alarm will immboliser and when i wanted to put an alarm in they said just to upgrade or something the facotry one....

so i was just thinking with the same with my sportivo nows...

cause you know how the key is attached to the actual buttons to lock and unlock the car...etc

but all good dude no harm done lol :angry:

ahahhaa no worries...

was just thinking of what kind of alarams are suitable for out sportivos and if people have actually replaced the whole alarm with a brand new one thats all...because with my old car i had a factory alarm will immboliser and when i wanted to put an alarm in they said just to upgrade or something the facotry one....

so i was just thinking with the same with my sportivo nows...

cause you know how the key is attached to the actual buttons to lock and unlock the car...etc

but all good dude no harm done lol :angry:

stivo doenst come with an alarm standard. only immobilser

it's been covered before in terms of what ppl have upgraded to and still keeping the standard key.