Looking for spark plug

dannywss

• 1 month later...

there are "platinum" spark plugs... they'r expensive around 3-4times the price of a normal one... they do give a bigger bang... doesn't really make that big of a difference though... but they do last longer

why do you want people to PM you we are all here to try and help and also to learn new things that some of us may not have known

very very sorry, i didnt mean tat... very sorry for this misunderstanding

ok, my experienced friend playing with skylines and silvia DO this to increase performance... they found somebody in melb selling for V6 camry 05, but not 4cyl camry... tats why i asked if anyone done it for their camry...

i found some of these before in oversea, but the shipping cost is too scary, tats why i was hoping for sth in melb... but nvm, i wanna play with aurion, more fun^^

there are "platinum" spark plugs... they'r expensive around 3-4times the price of a normal one... they do give a bigger bang... doesn't really make that big of a difference though... but they do last longer

x2 for that!

Platinum plugs last more than twice compare with the normal/stock plugs. Don't know whether they give more hp, but all i can tell you 1kw or 5kw gain, you will not be able to feel it. :spiteful:

spark plug dont increase power, u need spark plug wire, there is sth called spilt-fire spark plug wire, do increase power. but forget it, just straight do a custom cold air intake and box, will give a better result and at least sth to see when you open bonnet^^"

• 3 weeks later...

Thats the first Ive heard Platinum spark plugs increasing power! In fact from what Ive read at forums with far more knowledgable people then myself is that alot of performance cars (Turboed vehciles and the like) dont go with Platinums as due to higher combustion temperatures they cant withstand it as well.

• 1 month later...
Thats the first Ive heard Platinum spark plugs increasing power! In fact from what Ive read at forums with far more knowledgable people then myself is that alot of performance cars (Turboed vehciles and the like) dont go with Platinums as due to higher combustion temperatures they cant withstand it as well.

Hey i reckon platinum spark plugs is worse invention for a performance seeker. I am a great spark plug taster, has experienced platium/copper/iridium.....i found platinum is worst at performance...but at least very durable..100,000KM.

Edited by jbjb

One hint to you & save ur money. You can adjust ur spark plug gap to 1.3mm with normal copper spark plug, and it definitely gives you more pwr coz i found the electrical conductivity of copper is much higher than platinum, and bigger gap will have big spark plug as well.

Edited by jbjb

Isnt there a sticker under the bonnett that says only use twin ground electrode type spark plugs... namely toyota / denso or something you buy from the toyota dealer??

I went into autobarn and they told me about the irridium plugs... mine are due for their first change soon and i want to learn to DIY... i bought a gregorys repair manual and should have enough tools to do the job but im not sure weather to go platinum for $16 / plug or Irridium for $22 / plug... oh and i want hi performance leads too...

Im reading these pages every night...

any one got prices for parts?

Isnt there a sticker under the bonnett that says only use twin ground electrode type spark plugs... namely toyota / denso or something you buy from the toyota dealer??

I went into autobarn and they told me about the irridium plugs... mine are due for their first change soon and i want to learn to DIY... i bought a gregorys repair manual and should have enough tools to do the job but im not sure weather to go platinum for $16 / plug or Irridium for $22 / plug... oh and i want hi performance leads too...

Im reading these pages every night...

any one got prices for parts?

No worry about the label from Toyota, coz the reason why they stick with that plantinum is to maintain the durability (100,000KM interval) and their reputation as well, but sacrify the performance. Perhaps you could refer below conductivity table, it could help u to come out best one.

Properties of Materials

Material ElectricalConductivity(MS/m )

Silver 66

Copper 57

Gold 45

Iridium 18

Platinum 10

Nickel 10

Edited by jbjb

Thanks jbjb... looked up ngk and denso websites... thinking of going ngk 0.6 irridium plugs... aparently will last 60,000km the 0.8 irridium will last 100,000km but the smaller the tip the better for performance... :rolleyes:

i really need a hi flow exhaust but got quoted $1,000 plue for a s/s custom... will have to wait a while...

would like to get these wheels first...

post-4786-1184915973_thumb.jpg

Thanks jbjb... looked up ngk and denso websites... thinking of going ngk 0.6 irridium plugs... aparently will last 60,000km the 0.8 irridium will last 100,000km but the smaller the tip the better for performance... :rolleyes:

i really need a hi flow exhaust but got quoted $1,000 plue for a s/s custom... will have to wait a while...

Hi DJ! Go for silver~ Iridium is even worse performance than cheap Copper~ Did u receive my PM?

17" Mag.. Wow...it will makes ur Camry really muscle~

Edited by jbjb

$1000 is quite expensive, but it's stainless steel I guess...

Got quoted $280 for mild steel cat back with free flow muffler and chrome tip. Add $280 for hi flow cat.

$1000 for a stainless steel exhaust system is about average...

Hi Tech Mufflers offer a 10 year warranty with their stainless systems...

Very highly recommended...

HiTech mufflers is sydney based right?

i remeber seeing them somewhere...

I believe no matter what kinds of top range spark plugs need to come with high performance lead to boost up its max. I heard 'top gun' this brand, you could find in autobarn or normal mechanic shop, but not sure the price for V6 Gen4?? I think it's real Oz made....

@ present, i am using NGK lead-power cables have thicker outlook-9mm with blue color; the acceleration is much more joyful and quick response when u kick down.

post-4596-1185880014_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbjb