stereos

eddy_torrezz

yeah i dont want it to be removed i want my subs in permently.

ive organised to have custom box made so i can still access my spare and still have room.

just wanted to know what others had.

the box is like normal boxes but upside down if ya know what i mean lol

ive got 6" xplod splits front

sony xplod stacker and head unit remote controled not sure of unit model.

still deciding on weather to get another 6" split for rear or 3 ways or just 2 way but im thinkin splits.

• 3 weeks later...
boot space i hear? think of tangcla. he has got a 15 and still has room for a coffee table!

yeah but his boot is like 10 times larger than the newer model corolla hatch

I've got a single 12" sub with a standard box, with amp mounted onto the back of it. It's "secured" using "instrustrial strength" valcro's, so i can remove it when I need the boot space. As for the spare, I can lift up the compartment with the sub still there

• 6 months later...

haha, funny that - I was googling for 'tangcla car corolla' and I found this thread :P cos I was looking for some info about my old car online :P

Umm, bit of a thread-dig, but I'd recommend a custom fibreglass box. Maximal boot space, costs a bit but very convenient :)

• 1 month later...
ive got the gear from my last car (falcon)

ive got 2 12inch mtx subs now i want to fitt em in my stivo but still want acces to spare wheel does anyone have subs custom fitted?

check my garage..

i got a custom box made up for my 2x 12's to accomodate the subs and also try and save space.... but you think i did? haha have a look. but yes it depends on what subs your going for and what type of output you want will determine size of box.

to really save on space i think go with a single 12 and make it decent and a decent amp to drive it so you have outputs like 2x12's. i can get to my tyre well just have to drop the back seats down and slide the box (weighs 50kgs) on to the seats. i don't need to mount the box. it doesn't move... its that heavy. amp mounted on the back of box.

It all depends on how much money you wanna spend and how custom you wanna get... you can get a fibreglass sub box moulded to the sides of your boot, and you will have you full boot space.

Have I posted up pics of my old Rolla's boot with my 15" sub before? I can still use 90% of my boot, it's a decent sized box for a 15" sub because it's fibreglass and it takes full advantage of the space that wouldn't otherwise be used.

boot1.jpg

boot2.jpg