Domino's Pizza

Leroy

Are you completely sure? I'm not going to contest you on this one, as i don't have the definitive guide to pizza lying around. However, i was under the impression that pizza was created as a new meal for Italian royalty. Some national festival involving a [Queen?] Margarite? T'was the fresh dough, with the tomato base, mozzarella off the block (none of this sprinkly stuff), and lightly feathered with basil. Supposed to represent the Italian flag with the colours of the 3 ingredients... and hence the name Margarita...

Or perhaps I'm recalling an episode of Fat Pizza... :P

Seriously though, i remember Rick Stein reciting something to that effect on one of his shows...

It's been a point of contention for many many many years, but yes, it has roots in Spain as well.

Many people take the stand these days that it originated parallel with many similarities, so as not to start fights, but I have seen most merit and evidence for the Marco Polo story.

Sorry peoples but the PIZZA did originate from Italy hence the name Margarita. They used fresh Roma tomatoes, freshly grated cheese and basil from the garden out the back, which represented the Italian Flag.

I know for a fact because my Great great great great great....... Nonno was involved in the making of the first pizza.

And let me tell you that less is more when it comes to pizza. Just a sprinkling of a few ingredients always tastes better than a pizza fully loaded with crap.

And I agree if you make it yourself at home with fresh ingredients it will always taste better than any pizza house. Especially if you have an oven. That is all

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let me tell you that less is more when it comes to pizza. Just a sprinkling of a few ingredients always tastes better than a pizza fully loaded with crap.

And I agree if you make it yourself at home with fresh ingredients it will always taste better than any pizza house. Especially if you have an oven. That is all

indeed :D

Are you completely sure? I'm not going to contest you on this one, as i don't have the definitive guide to pizza lying around. However, i was under the impression that pizza was created as a new meal for Italian royalty. Some national festival involving a [Queen?] Margarite? T'was the fresh dough, with the tomato base, mozzarella off the block (none of this sprinkly stuff), and lightly feathered with basil. Supposed to represent the Italian flag with the colours of the 3 ingredients... and hence the name Margarita...

Or perhaps I'm recalling an episode of Fat Pizza... :P

Seriously though, i remember Rick Stein reciting something to that effect on one of his shows...

It's been a point of contention for many many many years, but yes, it has roots in Spain as well.

Many people take the stand these days that it originated parallel with many similarities, so as not to start fights, but I have seen most merit and evidence for the Marco Polo story.

It will be the same story as the Pavlova. Who cares who made it first, just enjoy it.

People of Brisbane: If you want great Pizza head to the Schonell Pizza cafe @ UQ St Lucia campus

Everything is made fresh there (awesome base + fresh toppings)

They also got superb pastas too.

.....actually.. i think i'll go there there now :P :D :D

There's a place in the rocks just down from the Lowenbrau that does awesome wood-fired pizzas if you're in Sydney. I highly recommend it :D

Overnight pizzas from Japan FTW!!!!

There's a place in the rocks just down from the Lowenbrau that does awesome wood-fired pizzas if you're in Sydney. I highly recommend it :D

Overnight pizzas from Japan FTW!!!!

only if they come with internal wastegates... lol WUTSHSHSH

just came back from work...

if turkish pizzas are a different breed to italian, why are they still selling chicken lovers and supreme? there is a turkish pizza with turkish sausage n stuff but yea.. besides that i dont see how the turks pizza is trying to distinguish itself from the italian product.

there was a really good place up in pennant hills road... belmonte? not sure cant remember the name... just reemmber that the sign of the shop is intentionally upsidedown. expensive but great tasting pizza.. the smell is as if youd walked into an italian pizza joint

the reason would be marketing i guess... most people only know about italian pizzas... if they start giving em different names n stuff they'll end up losing customers coz they'd think that they'r sumthing else n won't buy em

the reason would be marketing i guess... most people only know about italian pizzas... if they start giving em different names n stuff they'll end up losing customers coz they'd think that they'r sumthing else n won't buy em

Im gonna actually wager that u could cash in on a niche market there. Seeing as the pizza market is already oversaturated with cheese filled crusts accompanied by homer hudson icecreams, at 29.95 delivered (i hope u see where im going here), something half authentic would be the go i think.

Remember, consumers (like my good self :whistling: ) will pay for 'less'....especially if less tastes better.

Sorta like Aston Martins or Ferraris...u dont see any with huge wings, and chrome tailights, or cannons...etc etc. Less is more....

Im gonna actually wager that u could cash in on a niche market there. Seeing as the pizza market is already oversaturated with cheese filled crusts accompanied by homer hudson icecreams, at 29.95 delivered (i hope u see where im going here), something half authentic would be the go i think.

Remember, consumers (like my good self :whistling: ) will pay for 'less'....especially if less tastes better.

Sorta like Aston Martins or Ferraris...u dont see any with huge wings, and chrome tailights, or cannons...etc etc. Less is more....

hmmm ferrari on 14" plastic chrome hubcaps, stickers, 2 maybe 3 spoilers, a big cannon and let's not forget a 5" tacho with shift light lol it's got "looks" and performance pffff lol

it might actually make a good franchise... a turkish pizza only resturaunt... or maybe a 5 star quality a kebab RESTURAUNT (as opposed to a kebab "shop")... if only i had more money and wasnt in love with my car

Turkish Pizza House is just down the road from me. Guy is making a nice little existence down there.

It is authentic turkish. Guy even has pics of turkish landmarks and turkish tv stations playing on the tele in there some times o.O

speakin of turkish pizza... i was just out with my friend n we got the munchies in smithfield so we had a choice of goin to maccaz or going to this kebab shop to get a kebab when all of a sudden i notice a big pizza rolling oven thingee n a guy making pizzas... so i got one lol

it wasn't an original turkish pizza like they didnt use the proper turkish bread but it tasted sooo good n it was sooo big omg it was hektik n no exess oil dripping everywhere

i was actually thinkin of tocau while i was eating it lol

but the thing iss that they'r expensive... compared to like dominoes with a $5 voucher... a "small" pizza was like $9, but then again it was as big as a dominoes "LARGE" lol... we ended up getting the medium for $15... it was MASSIVE... i guess u get wat u pay for

Edited by d_ice

back on to the whole "Dominoes is sh!t" topic..

one think they have got ryt is those two chix on that "two for Tuesday" ad :ph34r:

PS: i dont mind their Pizza either :whistling:

I prefer dominos over pizza hut. The sauce used in pizza hut pizzas is a little too strong for my liking. It's hard to taste the actual pizza toppings.

These days for a quick meal, I just get the ones in coles which are cleared wrapped for $6. They taste better than any of the frozen pizzas.

For good gourmet pizzas I'd recommend going to Mancinis wood fired pizza at Summer Hill.

I prefer dominos over pizza hut. The sauce used in pizza hut pizzas is a little too strong for my liking. It's hard to taste the actual pizza toppings.

These days for a quick meal, I just get the ones in coles which are cleared wrapped for $6. They taste better than any of the frozen pizzas.

For good gourmet pizzas I'd recommend going to Mancinis wood fired pizza at Summer Hill.

why get one in plastic wrap when

3 bases - $3

packet of grated mozzarella - $2

jar of tomato paste - 99c

assorted topping -$5-$10

jar of mixed Italian herbs $1.50

I can guarantee you will make a far better pizza then any you can buy at a cheap price.