ZR6 Halogen Lights to HID 6000K

Just remember, you don't wanna be putting HID for the fog lights!

dumb questıon numba 2. lol this thread is funny thanks to me. we all know how stock hids auto-level and *****. does the aftermarket ones autolevel as well or is that the design by toyota itself???

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, you don't wanna be putting HID for the fog lights!

yes, putting high K temperature HID for the fog light is really stupid. Someone even put 8000K or higher for the fog light!! :wacko:

but i think 3000K is ok :rolleyes:

Edited by cocacola

dumb questıon numba 2. lol this thread is funny thanks to me. we all know how stock hids auto-level and *****. does the aftermarket ones autolevel as well or is that the design by toyota itself???

do aftermarket HIDs autolevel?

it would be great if they do, but they don't.

Edited by cocacola

hmm...ok you guys are confusing everyone here.

HID is the Bulb or the KIT, and there is no such thing as Auto-Leveling HID. There is such thing as "Auto-Level Projector headlights". Auto-level is built into the Projector (on most new cars). So another word, the Bulb doesn't move around, but the Projector does (not the headlight).

all the aftermarket Projector Headlights don't have Auto-Leveling, you can built one yourself (just get a pair of auto-level projectors and replace the stock projectors) :)

I believe HID as fog lights are illegal in some states.

Autobarn sell the Phillips HID kits.. or was that supercheapauto?? from around $499??

HID is the Bulb or the KIT, and there is no such thing as Auto-Leveling HID. There is such thing as "Auto-Level Projector headlights". Auto-level is built into the Projector (on most new cars). So another word, the Bulb doesn't move around, but the Projector does (not the headlight).

all the aftermarket Projector Headlights don't have Auto-Leveling, you can built one yourself (just get a pair of auto-level projectors and replace the stock projectors) :)

yeh i meant auto levelling headlights. i wonder how much presara headlights are. dads mate works at toyota. maybe can he fix me up. because i want them to autolevel :)

yeh i meant auto levelling headlights. i wonder how much presara headlights are. dads mate works at toyota. maybe can he fix me up. because i want them to autolevel :)

I didn't think toyota sells after-factoryfitted parts. I once asked if it is possible to order a ZR6 with HID and rain-sensing wipers, the dealer said no.

I didn't think toyota sells after-factoryfitted parts. I once asked if it is possible to order a ZR6 with HID and rain-sensing wipers, the dealer said no.

how can they say no. lol what an idiots. im going to go and ask myself as well. if they say no, im going to buy the headlights and install it myself. They should have made it an option on the zr6. stupiddd.

hrm... if u study economic... u will understand...

Demand? Supply?

fk demand n supply. like they dont make profit. go to bmw and mercedes and ask for it and even forget asking for it, they will do it. its a stupid system of toyota. their mission is to fkn make ppl buy the presara.

$228 German made? isnt it $1228? ahaha... anyone here believe $228 is german made, is ITS REAL, i take 1 set now $230, $2UN-discount

could be some german living and working in china ahahha :yahoo:

Edited by Mikey

GERMAN TECHNOLOGY only, but made in China. <_<

ok, now, there is a GERMAN tech made in china, and JAPAN tech made in china, which u go for?

BOTH MADE IN CHINA! ahaha~ tats really a bullshxt

u r from asia, ppl dont call u AUS-sian, do they? so this hid kit is GER-na( sorry bad joke, started uni holiday, crazy things come out)

oh yea, u can get $600 for real MADE IN JAPAN u know? in vic.

Edited by dannywss

how can they say no. lol what an idiots. im going to go and ask myself as well. if they say no, im going to buy the headlights and install it myself. They should have made it an option on the zr6. stupiddd.

I agree with you - Toyota Australia should have made HIDs standard on the ZR6, even if the price wound up being $1000 or so more. When I ordered my ZR6 that was the only thing missing I really wanted too.

By the way, if you were to install the Presara HID lamps on your ZR6 or whatever - they wont work like a Presara. You may get the HID light - but definitely no vertical (levelling) or hozontal (peering around corners) light shape movement. Most OEM HID systems take input from a level sensor under the rear floor for 'vertical' and the steering wheel angle sensor for horizontal. Of course the steering wheel angle sensor doubles as an input to the VSC system as well- so its in all Aurions already.

An ECU then drives two lamp lens motors based on these 2 sensors. In the Presara the ECU is not in the lamps.

I think there is a lot of confusion going on here... Here is a clarification...

Fristly those of you who think you can just replace your bulbs and get HID are wrong. What you are referring to is replacement of your existing headlight bulbs with Plasma Super White bulbs and they do not require any special tools or modifications to your vehicle. What these bulbs do is simulate the blue-white light of the High Intensity Discharge type lighting. The only issue you could run into here is that the wattage is often a lot higher than the original bulbs - so often your bulb life will be a lot shorter (as the wiring is usually set up to give a suitable voltage for a certain wattage bulb).

Real HID requires a ballast and control for the special bulbs to give several thousand volts to ignite the electrodes and then 85 or 42V once the bulbs are stable. HID lamps also have different reflectors because the light charactistics are so different to traditional halogen lamps. There are aftermarket kits that do these things - keep in mind you are then playing with voltages and wiring operating well above the usual 12V. HID from the OEM this is usually all enclosed within the headlamp and safe.

Additional to all this there is the levelling and horizontal movement and control I commented on previously.

Long reply! - real HIDs are very complex system.

GERMAN TECHNOLOGY only, but made in China. <_<

ok, now, there is a GERMAN tech made in china, and JAPAN tech made in china, which u go for?

BOTH MADE IN CHINA! ahaha~ tats really a bullshxt

u r from asia, ppl dont call u AUS-sian, do they? so this hid kit is GER-na( sorry bad joke, started uni holiday, crazy things come out)

oh yea, u can get $600 for real MADE IN JAPAN u know? in vic.

oh........i would choose neither GERMAN tech made in china nor JAPAN tech made in china HID.

But i would choose real MADE IN JAPAN or KOREA HID set.

$600 for real MADE IN JAPAN? What a good price! :blink: :blink:

But my REAL H4 HI/LO not made in China HID set is much cheaper. :whistling: :whistling:

post-1288-1181986623_thumb.jpg

post-1288-1181986644_thumb.jpg

Edited by cocacola

I have the Presara with the HID lights with auto leveliing and turning on cornering and they are great. Only issue is they make the high beam look yellow. So what do i need to do with the high beam? HID too? 6500k globes ?

I agree with you - Toyota Australia should have made HIDs standard on the ZR6, even if the price wound up being $1000 or so more. When I ordered my ZR6 that was the only thing missing I really wanted too.

By the way, if you were to install the Presara HID lamps on your ZR6 or whatever - they wont work like a Presara. You may get the HID light - but definitely no vertical (levelling) or hozontal (peering around corners) light shape movement. Most OEM HID systems take input from a level sensor under the rear floor for 'vertical' and the steering wheel angle sensor for horizontal. Of course the steering wheel angle sensor doubles as an input to the VSC system as well- so its in all Aurions already.

An ECU then drives two lamp lens motors based on these 2 sensors. In the Presara the ECU is not in the lamps.

Thanks for the information buddy. Well it looks like i wont bother with the presara headlights if its gonna be too technical. To be honest, im thinking now, as long as the lights are appearing hid from the outside and appear well for the driver at night, thats all it matters. The way it autoturns into the corner etc, not really necessarry i guess. I went to autobarn and found a hid kit for 170. A brand called narva. Might get that, but do not know anything bout the brand. Whats are the very good brands in hid kits????

I have the Presara with the HID lights with auto leveliing and turning on cornering and they are great. Only issue is they make the high beam look yellow. So what do i need to do with the high beam? HID too? 6500k globes ?

there's no point of doing HID for the high beam. If you do put HID for the HID, you'll kill the bulbs more easily (especially when you flick on n off). Also It takes longer for HID to get to full brightness.

there's no point of doing HID for the high beam. If you do put HID for the HID, you'll kill the bulbs more easily (especially when you flick on n off). Also It takes longer for HID to get to full brightness.

yes that makes sense.

So maybe some of those blue tinted halogen replacement globes would make the transition from low to high look less yellow then.

yes that makes sense.

So maybe some of those blue tinted halogen replacement globes would make the transition from low to high look less yellow then.

yeh im going to the same for the high beams. all im scared of is killing the bulbs lol. hope they last long. is philips a good brand for those fluorescent blue lights???

Narva? maybe for halogen bulbs, never heard of them for HIDs.

Better go OEM. like valeo, philips and denso ballasts.

With bulbs it'll be harder to get OEM since you'll be using a halogen socket so you'll need a kit. Unless you can find a philips or osram rebased bulbs which are reputable HID bulbs.

As for relays, it is recommended as you don't want to fry your original wiring harness, as using HIDs you are running more current than the stock halogen bulbs. Better to be safe than sorry :)

as for color temperature, i would recommend nothing over 6000K, after that you're losing a lot of light output, might as well keep to halogen if you want to have the color.

Edited by poohbear