ZR6 Halogen Lights to HID 6000K

Guys, ive decided to switch the halogen bulbs inside the front projector style lights to HID 6000K. However, what i am trying to figure out is that, by changing simply the bulb to HID 6000K bulb, will it work? Or do i have to change the whole electrical light system altogether to get the HIDs working. Does anybody know how to get that changed or installed? I look at the presara's and the only thing appearing different is the bulb inside the projector and that it autolevels when driving. Im confused as i dont know if i need to buy the whole hid kit or just the hid bulb. Any advices???

exter_photo_03.jpgsafety_photo_06.gif

Edited by Buri_ZR6

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6000k is yellowish, u will need 8000k or 10000k

yes, u will need a whole kit, a HID kit, cost around $160-220(ebay), installation takes like 1/2 hr or less.

there is a shop in boxhil, doing for $300 installed and warranty 1 or 2 yrs.

just go ebay, u can study yrself there

Edited by dannywss

you need to buy the whole HID KIT.

6,000K or 6,500K HID is probably what you want to get. 8,000k or 10,000K (I've got & tried all of them before) they're nice blue/whiteish. Just need to know that when you're buying a HID kit from eBay you need 2 Relays (as they're not included in the package). Installation should take around an hour, if you can't bothered doing it, labour should cost $150.

you need to buy the whole HID KIT.

6,000K or 6,500K HID is probably what you want to get. 8,000k or 10,000K (I've got & tried all of them before) they're nice blue/whiteish. Just need to know that when you're buying a HID kit from eBay you need 2 Relays (as they're not included in the package). Installation should take around an hour, if you can't bothered doing it, labour should cost $150.

Fukk lol i knew i needed a kit. Yeh im going to get 6000k or 65000k as i want blue/whitish. I spoke to autobarn guys and they are offering a pack of 2 for 175. But im not sure about the brand as they are made by NARVA . Btw these kits dont auto-level when driving do they? I can be bothered doing it if its an easy installation. Im good with electronics and i hope i can manage to install em properly. I only need to take the bumper off if im changing the fog lights right???

Edited by Buri_ZR6

nah. you dont need to take off the front bumper. jack the car up, slide yourself under the car, remove those blackplastic and replace bulbs. easy work, did it with my camry. the only time when you need to take off the bumper is when you replace your parkers.

fog light changing is easy, akuma is right.

u wan a bit blue light rite, tats 8000k or 10000k, 6000k is white. u better check before u buy. i have a extra relay here, if price is ok, i sell u, offer me

BUT, before offering, u CAN have HID without relay u know? unless u always fliker with yr hi and lo... *correct me if i m wrong.

Edited by dannywss

if you can't bothered doing it, labour should cost $150.

tats a bit expensive, i mean very.... smb told me $80 i still no happy, got it done myself FREE and dont even took me 1hr. should just take 1/2hr if u dont play around with others... BUT car matters, different car, a bit different way. i helped a honda civic, took me more than 1 hr, hv to jack the car up!!

fog light changing is easy, akuma is right.

u wan a bit blue light rite, tats 8000k or 10000k, 6000k is white. u better check before u buy. i have a extra relay here, if price is ok, i sell u, offer me

BUT, before offering, u CAN have HID without relay u know? unless u always fliker with yr hi and lo... *correct me if i m wrong.

nah it just wont work. You need 2 relays for the Camry (i've got 2 of them installed).

if you can't bothered doing it, labour should cost $150.

tats a bit expensive, i mean very.... smb told me $80 i still no happy, got it done myself FREE and dont even took me 1hr. should just take 1/2hr if u dont play around with others... BUT car matters, different car, a bit different way. i helped a honda civic, took me more than 1 hr, hv to jack the car up!!

it depends really on where you go, how good the installation,etc... But since the new Camry N Aurion headlights are designed for HID then it should be just PLUG N PLAY installation. Don't ask me how, ask someone else did it for my camry :spiteful:

nah it just wont work. You need 2 relays for the Camry (i've got 2 of them installed).

HID works without relays.

My car has HID without relay. But you better have them.

Edited by cocacola

so whats the point of having a relay?? :blink: can someone enlighten me :spiteful:

so whats the point of having a relay?? :blink: can someone enlighten me :spiteful:

have a look

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

have a look

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

tats is A LOT OF look... i hate reading... well, i think it talks bout power supply issue... but, for 2 yrs, my hid kit still working, car still runing... so does it matter with/without relay? i didnt put relay coz i hv no idea how to put it in...*shame

tats is A LOT OF look... i hate reading... well, i think it talks bout power supply issue... but, for 2 yrs, my hid kit still working, car still runing... so does it matter with/without relay? i didnt put relay coz i hv no idea how to put it in...*shame

yes, my car is 2 years old as well and my hid is working fine w/o relay. :rolleyes:

yes, my car is 2 years old as well and my hid is working fine w/o relay. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys but ı dont know what you guys mean by relay. Also when i install a HID Kit, does it have auto level feature? I want blue/whitish but not full blue just slightly blue color mainly bright white. Would 6500k be enough for that result?

OK, dumb question about to appear.

WTF is HID & why is it better. Does an SX6 have the HID ?

Thanks

Adrian

this got to be the funniest question of the month, sorry..

easy saying, replacement of headlight bulb+a small box looking thingy

search ebay, i m sure those sellers will explain better than me.

and different temperature(4500k 6000k 8000k 12000k), different colour...

why ppl like it? coz stock is a bit yellowish, u wan white or a bit blueish, tats why ppl go for hid kit. Or u wan purple? Green? Yellow? hid can do tat.

stock car usually dont hv HID, i think mostly dont, if anyone can tell me a stock car WITH, then nice.

legally, i dont know bout others, but victoria, only allow to 6000k. 8000k is illegal. Sorry if i m wrong, tats wat ppl told me. but who cares?

for better explaination in picture, see this~

post-3986-1180960745_thumb.jpg

Edited by dannywss

OK, dumb question about to appear.

WTF is HID & why is it better. Does an SX6 have the HID ?

Thanks

Adrian

Nah, not a dumb question. The only dumb question is a question not asked!

Anywho, HID is High Intensity Discharge. They're headlamps that are supposedly more efficient (I think?) and are way brighter so you see better at night. They also look cooler because they're a whitish blue light, rather than your usual yellow. That's why HID lights are better. The SX6 doesnt have HID lights, only the Presara does in the current Aurion lineup.

why ppl like it? coz stock is a bit yellowish, u wan white or a bit blueish, tats why ppl go for hid kit. Or u wan purple? Green? Yellow? hid can do tat.

stock car usually dont hv HID, i think mostly dont, if anyone can tell me a stock car WITH, then nice.

legally, i dont know bout others, but victoria, only allow to 6000k. 8000k is illegal. Sorry if i m wrong, tats wat ppl told me. but who cares?

There are many cars out there with stock HIDs, Aurion Presaras, Liberty GTs, Mazda 6 MPSes, the list goes on.

There are many cars out there with stock HIDs, Aurion Presaras, Liberty GTs, Mazda 6 MPSes, the list goes on.

and even new corolla ZR and Ultima as well.

Anyway, if your still planning to go for HIDS, go for the factory HIDS, they use Phillips, they don't come with relays also they use something that looks like a DC2 plug. :unsure: don't ask me, ive seen the kits.