ZR6 Halogen Lights to HID 6000K

Narva? maybe for halogen bulbs, never heard of them for HIDs.

Better go OEM. like valeo, philips and denso ballasts.

With bulbs it'll be harder to get OEM since you'll be using a halogen socket so you'll need a kit. Unless you can find a philips or osram rebased bulbs which are reputable HID bulbs.

As for relays, it is recommended as you don't want to fry your original wiring harness, as using HIDs you are running more current than the stock halogen bulbs. Better to be safe than sorry :)

as for color temperature, i would recommend nothing over 6000K, after that you're losing a lot of light output, might as well keep to halogen if you want to have the color.

Hi

1. I believe Narva does make HID (bulbs & kits)

2. I am not familiar with physics but the following articles say different thing

http://baldwinchua.blogs.friendster.com/af...vs_halogen.html

http://www.hidlights.co.za/xenon%20vs%20halogen.html

BH

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, ive decided to switch the halogen bulbs inside the front projector style lights to HID 6000K. However, what i am trying to figure out is that, by changing simply the bulb to HID 6000K bulb, will it work? Or do i have to change the whole electrical light system altogether to get the HIDs working. Does anybody know how to get that changed or installed? I look at the presara's and the only thing appearing different is the bulb inside the projector and that it autolevels when driving. Im confused as i dont know if i need to buy the whole hid kit or just the hid bulb. Any advices???

exter_photo_03.jpgsafety_photo_06.gif

Just bought a HID Conversion kit, Mtec H11 4500k (AU$340.00) from www.onspire.com they have advertised on ebay too, the kit should arrive early next week. Becareful there are few fake on on ebay too. You can contact steve@onspire.com for more information.

I got mine from Taiwan, my friend help me to pick it up yesterday, he said it looks good!

Guys, ive decided to switch the halogen bulbs inside the front projector style lights to HID 6000K. However, what i am trying to figure out is that, by changing simply the bulb to HID 6000K bulb, will it work? Or do i have to change the whole electrical light system altogether to get the HIDs working. Does anybody know how to get that changed or installed? I look at the presara's and the only thing appearing different is the bulb inside the projector and that it autolevels when driving. Im confused as i dont know if i need to buy the whole hid kit or just the hid bulb. Any advices???

Just bought a HID Conversion kit, Mtec H11 4500k (AU$340.00) from www.onspire.com they have advertised on ebay too, the kit should arrive early next week. Becareful there are few fake on on ebay too. You can contact steve@onspire.com for more information.

I got mine from Taiwan, my friend help me to pick it up yesterday, he said it looks good!

Forgot to mention, I have got a Aurion SX6, the original headlight system is ****! can't see clear at night! its even worst then my 99 camry! Otherwise I won't have to change to HID!

Wondering if anyone got official gov issued doc says that after market HID conversion kit is illegal?

Wondering if anyone got official gov issued doc says that after market HID conversion kit is illegal?

I don't think there is anywhere that says its illegal but there is law enforcing the color of the light. Yellow and White is accepted.

But even that, i think anything that was not designed for HID bulbs should be illegal, since it wasn't made for it so should not be used.

Hi

1. I believe Narva does make HID (bulbs & kits)

2. I am not familiar with physics but the following articles say different thing

http://baldwinchua.blogs.friendster.com/af...vs_halogen.html

http://www.hidlights.co.za/xenon%20vs%20halogen.html

BH

well Lumens is a Measure of light brightness (lu) and as you can see, the higher K you go, the lumens pretty much goes down to the same as halogens.

Another problem is the scatter of light you get from a HID kit plug-n-play.

HID20001_copy.jpg

hid_011copy.jpg

Just proving a point of the glare, but there are still people out there with hid plug and play kits :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Order my HID 6000k and it arrived today, found out a bit more about the make, as the instructions had a web site GT HID KITS

A List of parts in this type of HID Kit.

Why buy GTHID?

• Better night time visibility

• Computer controlled ballast with safety shutdown, polarity and overload protection

• Shock & waterproof design

• Easy plug-n-play install

(uses factory plugs)

• Amp waterproof connectors

• Sold worldwide (Australia, Panama, Germany, Asia & Netherlands)

• Operates in temperatures down to -40°C

• Off-road tested

• Best selection of GE bulbs

• Quality Internals

-Philips (Netherlands)

-Texas instruments (USA)

-Microchip (USA)

-Rubycon (Japan)

-IRf (USA)

-Epcos (germany)

Delivered to my address in Australia from a EBAY person in Melbourne for under $200.00.

Will post some pictures of the installation this week.

Will installing the HID kit void the new car warrenty?

looks great ı guess. im going to order that one as well if hes happy with it :) btw the bulb type was h11 right?

Edited by Buri_ZR6

Will installing the HID kit void the new car warranty?

I do not care, own plenty of cars in the past and have not had a problem at warranty work, it is just who you know when things need replacing under warranty.

so it dose or doesnt void the new car warrenty?

of course it does. When you use HIDs, you're drawing more current when the ballast are firing up, up to 15A max.

In the long run, the stock harness will burn out. That's why you need a relay harness to draw power directly from the battery. (but even so, i dont' think toyota will give you warranty on it).

any wallshot of the hid kit?

Here you go you can read the installation at my web site:My Toyota Aurion ZR6 HID Headlight Kit

The globes are H11 35 watts 6000k in colour.

Did you install a wiring harness?

thought i'd share this...this is what happens when you don't have a wiring harness to your HID...

multi2.JPG

burntconnector.JPG

Edited by poohbear

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of those discussions that goes on heaps in pretty much every car forum...

In short, it is not a good idea to put HID in a system not designed for it. This is for a number of reasons:

1) Void warranty

2) Original lens damaged from increased heat

3) Ballasts less resistant to moisture

4) Extremely high voltage

5) HID has a different light pattern than halogen and will create significant glare if installed into a halogen lens

6) Auto-levelling I have heard is a requirement for HID kits, as it is the edges of HID lights that create the glare.

I came across these links some time ago in another forum:

HID - Disadvantages

HID - Conversions FAQ

HID - General FAQ

I have nearly had a number of accidents in the past due to converted HID kits... one such experience driving in Mount Dandenong with some hoon behind me tailgating the whole way... the lights created so much glare I ended up driving around at night with sunglasses on... I literally could not see anything, and couldn't pull over anyway or I would have either ended up down the hill or hit by this guy!!!

HID kits IMO should only come as a stock option when they are designed specifically to be used by the car. In all other cases, just get better halogens!

sooo much greatly said by DAVE, if everyone could follow this, then there will b less accident and frustration driving on the road...

for me? too late, i found these out AFTER installing mine...