AE112R rear disc conversion

G'day,

I am searching about AE112R rear disc conversion thread in this club discussion and only found a passive posting.

I am itching to do this a few years back w/ my 1998 AE112R conquest hatch back but did not find the time and the resources to do it. Fortunately while browsing in one othe wreckers here in brisbane southside i found a toyota AE102 hatchback conquest rear ended w/ a disc brake. I ask the sales guy about the price and it is $75 each.

Searching thru brake parts australia catalogue and bendix part number for the rear disc of the AE102 and AE112 they are the same. i am getting excited here, my question to you all toyota fanatics (like me) can i get the AE102 rear axle assembly (w/ the brake caliper,rotor disc, brake cable ets) and put it to my AE112R w/ out modification (bolt off/bolt on scenario). Meaning to say all the rear suspension rods,strut rods,rear axle carrier, brake hose, all the nuts and bolts,brake cable ets are interchangeable to each other. if there is some modification how extreme will i go.

looking 4ward for your help guys. Tomorrow after work i will drop by again at the wreckers to snap some pictures.

rey t

g'day,

had gone back to the wreckers to check again and take some pictures so that i could compare the suspension/brake set-up on my AE112.

i found out the ff:

1) the donor car is not ABS equipped (same w/ my ae112) by comparing the master cylinder and the tubing set-up around it are similar and also no wire connectors on the hubs.

2) measured the donor axle carrier and found out they are the same. the only thing i could not be definite about it, is the angle of the strut rod attachment on the axle carrier. but by looking at it i think they are the same.

3) not enough room to check the handbrake equalizer connection to the individual wheel handbrake cable and its attachment clips because the car belly is on the ground. but in case the cables are different maybe i would purchase an original wheel handbrake cable.

i think i will go for the upgrade and will call the wrecker guys 2moro to dismantle the hub assembly.

i will update this post once i finish working on it.

rey t

i believe you should be fine with this, i did mine a year or so ago the ae101 and 112 are the same chassis and i know they have bthe same suspension setup so the brake hubs should be a bolt on affair, the handbrake cables need to be changed from the equaliser so this will mean removing the exhaust they should be exactly the same connections they are a pin connection like the ones found on the bonnet release cables

• 2 weeks later...

g'day,

had swap my car drum brake into rear disc the whole afternoon. it is bolt off/bolt on affair actually and did the swap w/in 4 hrs. I leave the hand brake unattached and proceed to do the brake bleeding.

the problem, the brake engages after 3-4 kicks on the brake pedal. had re do the brake bleeding and it is pretty good actually, all air is been purge.

any suggestion about the problem?

if the donor car is gone in the wreckers when i visit tomorrow maybe i will put back the drum brakes. i am planning to get the master cylinder and the proportioning valve if the price is w/ in budget or else i will wait for another opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...