QLD Cruise #2

OK

I went for a drive on Saturday and decided where we are going for the cruise.

The start point is yet to be finalised but we are going to head over to wellington point for lunch and then head down the gateway/m1 to Mt tambourine (brenden I need your help here!)

It will be a later start time. around 11.00 -> 11.30 with lunch being around 12'ish I hope. there is a nice fish/chip store and also a restaurant there for eats and drinks

I will be getting the maps/guides done as early as I can this week.

Would anyone think that Garden City is a good place for the start of the cruise? as its on the right side of town and its a place which most people know well??

Craig

P.S Could definate's please PM me with how many people are coming in each car please.

Edited by Danthuyer

I would not suggest garden city cause its big and busy, there is a nice car park just down the road that i think would be a good place, garden city is circled and the car park is marked with the red X

post-247-1098056114_thumb.jpg

Edited by Northy

Hey guys,

i saw a blue conquest today that kinda look ok... heaps of rice, so i left him a note on the wipers and see if he wanted to join us! lol!

so... if i hear from him... that's another dude...

:D

btw... the plan sounds good... hope the weather is gonna co-operate...

J.

Northies start point sounds good......so the start will be Sunnybank Rugy club on the Mucullogh St there at 11.00 am for a 11.30 leave

then we will head onto Wellington point for lunch and photos and then onto mt Tambourine if your keen.

It's going to be a nice long drive this time.

And dont forget to bring UHF radios if you have them.

Im in....will prolly meet you all at Wello Pt but cause i live just around the corner!

BTW: im going for dirtiest car on the day! Brennden isnt detailing it until Monday so i cant be farked washing it the day B4 it gets detailed!!

Hames

i got a UHF radio just for the cruze  :P

am thinking of entering the dirtiest car award on the day myself hames  :P

dont make me drive through a big puddle of mud :P

just a reminder 11:00am meet at the place mentioned in the pic below

post-247-1098230584_thumb.jpg

Edited by Northy

indy storms have always been some of the worst! didnt a F1 car get struck by lightning last year? ph34r.gif

No that was the shockwave of my 'snowflake' going past him last year ;)

Come on ...good thought.....fine weather, fine weather,....great day...great day!!!

Edited by Danthuyer

Hello guys,

Sun, Oct 24

Mostly sunny

min: 18°C

max: 31°C

(according to NINEMSN... :D) oh... that's brisbane...

but i'd imagine down the coast would be great weather!! :D

hopefully not too sunny.... too sunny make hard fotos...

anyway!!

J.

Thx to brenden -

Padstow rd > Miles platting rd LEFT Rochedale rd RIGHT Ford rd > Avalon rd RIGHT Mt Cotton rd > Duncan rd > Boundary rd LEFT Panorama dr > Wellington st RIGHT Shore st west > Shore st north.

Destination Wellington point.

Shore st north >Shore st west LEFT Wellington st >Panorama dr > Woodlands dr RIGHT Mt Cotten rd Left Mt Cotton rd RIGHT California creek rd LEFT Beenleigh Redland bay rd Through round a bout and head south on m1.

Exit 79 Robina town centre.RIGHT at round a bout. Cross m1 LEFT Railway st > Gold coast/Springbrook rd > Franklin dr > Gold coast /springbrook rd RIGHT Pine creek rd(Gold coast/springbrook dr)

RIGHT Nerang/ Murwillumbah rd LEFT Beaudesert/nerang rd RIGHT Henri robert dr > Guanaba rd > Golf course rd > Siganto st RIGHT School st LEFT Alpine tce > Bartle rd > Tamborine Mountain rd(Main western rd) > Geissmann rd > Tamborine mountain rd RIGHT Beaudesert Beenleigh rd Right Milne st > Main st LEFT round a bout LEFT onto m1 north.

Follow this on the street directory and see what you think. Probably take 3 - 4 hrs depending on stops. This combines some steep climbs/descents and some good open roads. Also some great photo opportunities at lookouts etc.

So dont forget Meet at Sunnybank Rugby Club as per northy's map at 11:00 am :D

Hey Jas i watched the weather tonight with stoopidhead....we were both happy to see 31 deg B) luky we not a bunch of whinging vic's :P

and luck also we have CAI...hehehehee