Sunroof???

sportiv

Greg,

GP Cars

Unit 14, 81 Bishop Street

Kelvin Grove

07 3356 9544

Speak to John Kirk

Tell him that I (Craig Sadler) sent you and that you are in the Corolla Club that I run. He will sort you out. Is a real nice guy

They actually do the sunroof installs for alot of the dealerships on the northside of town.

Edited by Danthuyer

There is no actual toyota factory sunroof for the corolla range in oz.

They are all outsourced by approved local outfits (in case of Vic, it is done in Bayswater), and in that case, there is a sunroof available for our corollas, as in all corollas, and carries a full toyota warranty, but all corollas get done in bayswater if there sold in melbourne with a sunroof.

I got quoted $2500 myself for a roof in my sportivo (Brighton Toyota)

I understand that it does weaken the structure of our really powerful car  :P  but I agree with you guys, I'll love to have a sunroof on my Stivo.

E - I went into one of the shops that does the sunroofs for the dealers, and I can assure you iff you get the proper sunroof. ie electronic sliding one with water channels. it WILL NOT weaken the roof chassis. Infact it will stregthen it.

The owner of the store showed me a lancer and a kluger that they were currently doing and he asked me if I could grab one of the roof struts that they had taken out of the lancer. then he asked me to baend it against my knee.......OMFG!!!!! it bend so easy without any pressure at all!!!!! :blink: same with the kluger.

Then he showed me the units that they put in and where they get anchored also. there is nothing short of at least another 8!!! mounting points that these units use to attach to the chassis....and the unit itself is pretty damn tough.

So infact it would strengthen the car not weaken it. But if your putting it into a twin Turbo V12 Jaguar....thats a diff story ;)

Sport1vo - just remember there are a few diff types of sunroof also. I was under the same impression also until I went into the work shop and saw what they do first hand. Now I know why they cost so much also.....a fair bit of work (to do a proper job)

i spoke to the actual company that does all the sunroofs for toyota in vic and they said $2.500 but then i rang my dealer cannon toyota (winner best dealer in melbourne) and they said they would get it done for $1.500 big diff thought going direct would be better but i guess not.