"TRDHLX" Victoria

jaderd

just a note....not aiming to rip off TOCAU peeps....if someone is looking at getting a TRD hilux in the future dont hesitate to contact me...just thought i would grab it now before someone else did and it may be lost to ne one here forever

cheers

Yeah hadnt thought of that....i was thinking i may emai TRD Au soon and see if they wanted to purchase it for they could use it for promo.....or first sold in Vic can have the plates.....or as a lucky prize when buying a TRD hilux etc.

Other things i thought was the Overlander 4wd magazine may want to sell it off......with a bidding auction with half going to charity or something...dunno...or just to anyone who wants it.....would be sweet if could have some kind of auction and get some money for charity in the process.

cheers.....ne other ideas ?

you guys get sooooo jibbed down there with your plates.... here in QLD, you can't buy the rights to the combination, you buy the plate....your to keep, good buy, ******* off leave me alone, all mine...... none of this annual fee c r a p like NSW and VIC have to do....

yeah i thinkits same here in vic....if there is an annual fee its bugger all i think.....you actually own the plates...they get sent out and you are allowed to store them if you dont want them on any registered vehicle at the present time......and you actually own the plate im pretty sure.....cos if you sell them you just fill in a trasfer form for the plates and the right to the combination.....something like that

we get ripped off bad. all letter plates are $400 a year here and are payable everytime you have to re-register your car.

for our red one's on the stivo though its only $130 a year cause it has numbers in it.

the white one's one the van were bought 8 years ago and don't have annual fees. it was $160 though to order it but thats all i paid ever since.

the rest of our styles and content is here:

nsw rta

my favorite is the 1 digit plate number transfer fee $7937 :lol:

simon i think thats a great plate someone in sydney and qld should do the same i'm sure there would be heaps of ppl looking for them once the trd hilux has been sold to the public.

There's no annual fee in VIC, just the normal rego fee once you put it on your car. But once you buy a plate you don't have to pay more after that the keep the combination.

I understand in NSW you guys get seriously ripped every year for personal plates, more revenue raising I guess.

thanx for the clarification IZZFE, i wasnt too sure...i just bought them...didnt think there was a fee though.....NSW sounds rediculous....wouldnt bother having personalised plates for that annual cost

Good idea buying the plates, that's some good lateral thinking.

Down here we buy the rights to a plate and they're ours for as long as we want, but the physical plate itself remains to property of the Commonwealth, hence if it isn't on a registered car they send you letters wanting you to return them. No annual fee though once you've paid for the rights.

Dont really like HLXTRD.....as much as TRDHLX....................cos what it really is, is a toyota racing development hilux.....or i guess you could say a hilux produced by toyota racing development...........whichever way tickles ya fancy......i just personally liked the idea of TRD to be at the front.....

cheers

yeha....after i bought TRDHLX i checked nd HLXTRD is already gone.....plus wasnt gunna spent 800 $ on two sets of plates....too bigger gamble i reckon.....plus i didnt really like HLXTRD.....as much as TRDHLX....................cos what it really is, is a toyota racing development hilux.....or i guess you could say a hilux produced by toyota racing development...........whichever way tickles ya fancy......i just personally liked the idea of TRD to be at the front.....

cheers

TRDHLX - much better!

Hey guys..just checked vic roads today.....i must definently have them which is good....apparently it takes 48hrs where they are pending..as they get checked for profanities etc...during this time if you tried to get them its said check in 7 days...customer already requested...plates pending....now it actually says they are gone

Hey guys..just checked vic roads today.....i must definently have them which is good....apparently it takes 48hrs where they are pending..as they get checked for profanities etc...during this time if you tried to get them its said check in 7 days...customer already requested...plates pending....now it actually says they are gone...so thats good....now to sit on them for about 4-5 months lol

cheers

Gf just messaged...all good, plates arrived in the mail today so are officially for sale whenever to whoever .....

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Bump....

Is released now....Toyota head office didnt want the plates....have emailed dealerships, they may want them etc....one dealership wrote back they bought HLXTRD.....so now i know where that one went :).....so yeah if anyone wants them or knows of anyone that may want them let me know.....once again....still sealed in plastic never been opened

TRDHLX (VIC reg.)

Cheers

PS...i dont really rate the TRD Hilux that much....pretty pricey n not that much diff....some hilux buffs out there would probably beg to differ

Defently a nice buy, Im hoping the new Corolla is released as an Auris like the rest of the world (rumour has it is) so I've got my bases covered too lol

mate,

there is no way they will resell it as the Auris.

Look at the past the corolla has - Before the current one came out they thought about it but then stayed with Corolla.

Think about it - Corolla has been around for ages and its known for its quality...

Toyota a dumb, not stupid

I know, I like the Corolla name better but it really is a Auris just renamed to suit Australian buyers. So just in case, i have a plate ready if it does happen.

I know, I like the Corolla name better but it really is a Auris just renamed to suit Australian buyers. So just in case, i have a plate ready if it does happen.

just buy the plate, buy a corolla, take the 'corolla' badge down, buy a Auris badge japan, put the plate on, with the new badge.... walaah~~ :yahoo: