AMP AND SPEAKER PROBLEM! =(

i just purchased new audio gear for my 03 tvo and the problem is that has this high pitch squeek when the engine is on and the more i rev the more it squeeks plus when the car is on acc, the speakers have this faint poping sound =( WHAT COULD BE WRONG !

i could only think it is

1. rca's mixed up

2. power interference

3. have no more ideas

SOMEONE HELP ME =((((((((((((

Generally there is should be no engine noise in your sound system if you installed it correctly. The grounding in the corolla's are not the best but shouldn't have caused this problem. Make sure you don't have any kind of speaker wires touching the chasis or metal part of the car. Covered up all your wire connections with heat shrink tube or some electrical tape.

My friend had the same problem before in hes seca, im pretty sure its the earthing of the power supply to the system. Get ur gear reinstalled it should fix its.

cheers

how sure are u it is with earthing? cause im pretty sure i got it right.. i scrapped a patch on the chassis AND got a ring terminal AND got a self tapping screw into the chassis.. =S

but i try it ill find a new place to ground

Edited by SexOnWheels

Generally there is should be no engine noise in your sound system if you installed it correctly. The grounding in the corolla's are not the best but shouldn't have caused this problem. Make sure you don't have any kind of speaker wires touching the chasis or metal part of the car. Covered up all your wire connections with heat shrink tube or some electrical tape.

my speaker wires from the headunit and run thru the middle of the car under the carpet taped to the rca's =S

Edited by SexOnWheels

wheres the power cable running? down the middle as well? sometimes that can cause issues.

my power wire runs down on my passenger side, my rca's for my speakers run down the middle and my rca for my sub runs on the driver side

there is only one place where the power and rest of my other wires meet i highly doubt that could be a problem seeing as the power is not running along WITH the rca's =\

Engine noise is caused by 2 main problems.

1) The grounding of your amps is average or;

2) Your amp power cables and RCA (amp input) cables are running next to one another.

As stated the grounding points in the corolla aren't all that flash hot. However i found that placing the earthing cables under the front chair rail bolt worked very well for the door speaker amp and under the child restraint mounting bolt in the rear for the sub.

Separating the RCA input cables form the power cable also works a treat. The high current being drawn through the power cable creates a magnetic field which in turn makes the high pitch whining (which often changes in tone with rpm as the alternator creates more charge). Separating the two by any distance will help. Around 10-15 cm is preferable.

If none of this works you can purchase car audio noise filter. These cost around $30 form jaycar and will fix your problem. An car stereo line isolation transformer is also another good option that if used with the nose filter will guarantee a noise free car stereo setup! (all up these two items will cost about $50)

Hope this has been of help :D

Engine noise is caused by 2 main problems.

1) The grounding of your amps is average or;

2) Your amp power cables and RCA (amp input) cables are running next to one another.

As stated the grounding points in the corolla aren't all that flash hot. However i found that placing the earthing cables under the front chair rail bolt worked very well for the door speaker amp and under the child restraint mounting bolt in the rear for the sub.

Separating the RCA input cables form the power cable also works a treat. The high current being drawn through the power cable creates a magnetic field which in turn makes the high pitch whining (which often changes in tone with rpm as the alternator creates more charge). Separating the two by any distance will help. Around 10-15 cm is preferable.

If none of this works you can purchase car audio noise filter. These cost around $30 form jaycar and will fix your problem. An car stereo line isolation transformer is also another good option that if used with the nose filter will guarantee a noise free car stereo setup! (all up these two items will cost about $50)

Hope this has been of help :D

hahah wow that was a huge reply thanks heaps for the help guys, i found out today it was my dodgy earthing =( stupid me forgot to sand back the paint off the ground that the ring was sitting on

lols OHHH kayysss... mmm i sanded down the surface that the ring terminal sits on top of and the problem is still there but mm i would say 50% less sound noise

any possible solution? new grounding point?