Improving control and handling

vort

Ok so Im a pretty big noob when it comes to cars, i dont really know too much.

i have a zze122fe which is pretty stock atm apart from rims and tinting. My goals for the car are to have something that is zippy and quick but I dont want to pour an obscene amount of money into it. Ie. not interested in turbos or superchargers lol.

so im wondering what my options are in regards to suspension and brakes... I was looking at getting some king low's for around $200 but i want to know what other options there are which may be a bit more pricey, but worth it.

Cheers

The most common things you'll find consist of a front strut bar and rear sway. These will take care of the handling quite considerably without heading into the extreme.

Performance wise many purchase either a CAI or SRI , decent exhaust system & headers to gain some zippy figures.

Any set of adjustable coilovers (eg. Cusco, Tein, G4, - go to NextMod our forum sponsor for a good deal) or alternatively, a set of lowered springs with upgraded shocks to match (eg Koni - see any suspension shop. Talk to SILVABULLIT about running King lows at the front and super lows at the rear with a nice set of shocks), will have you handling like a dream. Be prepared to pay upward of $1000.

After that, there are a number of braces available as Yus said (about 10 varieties of strut brace I think), so check out NextMod for those too. I have the Carbing one, $220, bargain!

Any set of adjustable coilovers (eg. Cusco, Tein, G4, - go to NextMod our forum sponsor for a good deal) or alternatively, a set of lowered springs with upgraded shocks to match (eg Koni - see any suspension shop. Talk to SILVABULLIT about running King lows at the front and super lows at the rear with a nice set of shocks), will have you handling like a dream. Be prepared to pay upward of $1000.

After that, there are a number of braces available as Yus said (about 10 varieties of strut brace I think), so check out NextMod for those too. I have the Carbing one, $220, bargain!

haha thats pretty much all the suspension info you need. just remember you dont have to get coilovers, upgraded springs and shocks work just as well for a street set up..

Get a rear sway first, it has a very noticeble effect on the overall handling and your shocks won't be affected that much.

After that I would look at a front strut bar.

You could get lowered springs but prolly about one year later your looking at replacing/upgrading shocks which would most likely be more expensive then a set of coilovers without the adjustability.

Just a thought

Also there is the "TRD SusKit" that Micky and Dennis have. NextMod would probably be able to source that too. Although it is just like getting a set of lowered springs with matched shocks, but they're a cool thing to have.