'Slamming' into 2nd gear at 8000 revs

Vhao

right my stivo is booked in for then to have a little look see.

while its off il get them to drop in a TRD clutch kit possibly

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

booked in for a clutch adjustment or watt?

booked in for a clutch adjustment or watt?

yeah think so.

called up spoke to the guy the min i told him i have a 05 sportivo he said "right im booking you in for wednesday, we will need the car for a whole day"

so they have obviously had similar calls about stivos lol!!!

which dealer is the best to get the clutch adjustment done. i think mine might need an adjustment done. and has anyone heard a noise from the clutch before. when i press my clutch in i hear this weird noise. sounds like something grinding. and i can slightly feel it on the pedal aswell. any1 have any clues to what this might be from. gonna go get it cheked out.

which dealer is the best to get the clutch adjustment done. i think mine might need an adjustment done. and has anyone heard a noise from the clutch before. when i press my clutch in i hear this weird noise. sounds like something grinding. and i can slightly feel it on the pedal aswell. any1 have any clues to what this might be from. gonna go get it cheked out.

Most likely a worn throwout bearing on the clutch fork.

The last ZZE I changed a clutch on had all the grease in the throwout bearing dried out and was audible when the pedal was down. Clutch kits come with new throwout bearings, the bearing alone is worth about $30 for a Nachi item.

Most likely a worn throwout bearing on the clutch fork.

The last ZZE I changed a clutch on had all the grease in the throwout bearing dried out and was audible when the pedal was down. Clutch kits come with new throwout bearings, the bearing alone is worth about $30 for a Nachi item.

i dont really understand all this technical words. so was this thing caused by me or is it a fault with the clutch or bearing or wat eva it is. would i also be able to get it fixed under warranty. and any1 know which dealer i should get it checked out at?

hey corzza, how much is it gonna cost u, do u know?

thanks

i have no idea! but if they start throwing charges at me il give them *****!

Cos its a problem on all stivos that they should have fixed before releasing it to me!

hey corzza,

hows the shifting now? does it go in now at high revs?

always did shift at high revs just some times it gave a bit of a grind.

but im going exceedy anyway soon just to make myself happy

far out man, im still having troubles slamming from 1 to 2!! its either it grinds or i miss the gear.

how can i fix this people?!?! =/

I don't think it can be "fixed" your asking for a standard family car gearbox designed for smooth granny shifting to take an 8K shift. I keep hearing about clutch adjustments but as far as i know the only change you can make is to adjust the pedal-shaft push distance and the release bump stop. From the firewall out there is nothing to adjust. If you weren't getting proper dis-engagement of the clutch you'd know about it at lower revs as well. Stalling with the clutch in, crunching every cog at high or low rev.

It's not a hydraulic racing box it's a mechanical device with a slow biological-cable attachment.

far out man, im still having troubles slamming from 1 to 2!! its either it grinds or i miss the gear.

I don't think it can be "fixed" your asking for a standard family car gearbox designed for smooth granny shifting to take an 8K shift. I keep hearing about clutch adjustments but as far as i know the only change you can make is to adjust the pedal-shaft push distance and the release bump stop. From the firewall out there is nothing to adjust. If you weren't getting proper dis-engagement of the clutch you'd know about it at lower revs as well. Stalling with the clutch in, crunching every cog at high or low rev.

It's not a hydraulic racing box it's a mechanical device with a slow biological-cable attachment.

I've found there is a method to it. I am able to slot in perfectly, but I don't really 'slam' it into 2nd :S. 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th is a breeze though. All I've had is a clutch adjustment. With a better clutch shifting should be improved from what I've seen.

Vhao, be very very very ginger but firm. How many k's on the car?

double clutch dude it works!

Well my history is at castle hill.

but because i can get a discount through work i might do it at pennant hills toyota.

but well see

Agreed!

Double clutch it with abit of a blip of the throttle and she'll be sweet. Alot kinder on your more expensive drivetrain parts.

I've found there is a method to it. I am able to slot in perfectly, but I don't really 'slam' it into 2nd :S. 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th is a breeze though. All I've had is a clutch adjustment. With a better clutch shifting should be improved from what I've seen.

Vhao, be very very very ginger but firm. How many k's on the car?

ive got the car at 59 000 kms and it has done a 60K service. its got 61000 now..

i used to have a 05 stivo with 7000 kms....slamming gears werent a problem.. =/

the 60K service said.."Checked noise and found gear lever selector loose causing noise"

wth is a gear lever selector??

double clutch dude it works!

Well my history is at castle hill.

but because i can get a discount through work i might do it at pennant hills toyota.

but well see

Agreed!

Double clutch it with abit of a blip of the throttle and she'll be sweet. Alot kinder on your more expensive drivetrain parts.

works for me every time! if you dont "blip" the clutch catches and the revs drop and the car gives a bit of a *****

Got the same issue with my 03 sportivo i just bought. This one has 45000kms. 1st to second i have been able to shift and just keep lift going but 2nd to third has been a bit of an issue. Might have it looked at during the 50000km service. If only lift started a bit earlier.

I have an issue that someone on here may be able to solve.

I've always had problems with my clutch, however i've been too lazy to get it adjusted because it doesnt solve the problem completely, its only a bandaid fix.

However... ever since competing in a hillclimb on the weekend, and raping the clutch off the start line, i am now (for the first time ever) completely able to slam it into second gear as hard as i would want at any engine speed. I can land in lift second with wheelspin, where as i used to crunch, or get blocked and could feel the spinning through the gear lever.

Thoughts? Perhaps the solution here is to compete in motorsport where clutch abuse is mandatory.