'Slamming' into 2nd gear at 8000 revs

Vhao

im not talking about truck double clutching here mate as i clearly stated.... i know how they do it n i know wat it does.

what i am talking about is a method used by many racers.... it has similar benifits of flat changing(changin without releasing the accelerator) but is no were near as dangerous to your gearbox and just like i said before...rally drivers & v8 supercars both use straight cut gearboxes so therefore on occasions they dnt need to use clutch because that gearbox is designed for that type of thing and it is known as an unbreakable gearbox. so if you dnt no wat yu r talking about keep your mouth closed ohk..

n i can talk however i want buddy dnt be a smart ***** yu understood wat i said n so did everybody else so shut your mouth...gronkk

Mate, i knew what u were saying, it still look me a while to try and work it out. Making your posts easy to read makes everyone online here happy. Its not that hard to use correct spelling or grammer. Anyways, back to the issue at hand.

Your missing my point completely mate. What your describing is not double clutching. I know u don't like english, but lets think about it for a sec, its called double clutching. On your race method, where exactly does the double fit in? There isn't a double movement of the clutch, therefore it isn't double clutching. Simple as that. Real double clutching as i described above is slow and pointless on an upshift. What u are refering to is a fast gear change, but it isn't double clutching its just giving the car a rev and slipping the clutch out of the gear change so you land at higher revs.

And as tayles said above, mate we have worked on many many rally cars and i assure u they all have standard h pattern gearboxes because that is all the rules allow for anymore. And i'm pretty dam sure the v8 supercars are all required to run standard h pattern boxes as well. And they all change without the clutch. Its really not hard, however i wouldn't recommend it on a road car. However no matter what arguement you present, this is the fastest way to shift.

Now end of story i'm not arguing with u anymore. Back to the real thread topic, the gearbox isn't that weak, however it does break if u abuse the hell out of it.

Finally... Whats a gronkk?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gronk (n). a general term of derogation for a man, especially one considered weak, stupid, or brutish. “Inside Our Jails”: Alexander was labelled a “gronk”—young, slow, and an easy target for sex. According to Steve, a 30-year-old who served four years in jail for more than 10 bank robberies, “a gronk is someone who can’t flow with the normal stretch, they’re a bit slow on it or whatever.”

gronk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/gronk/ [popularized by Johnny Hart's comic strip "B.C." but the word apparently predates that] vt. 1. To clear the state of a wedged device and restart it. More severe than `to frob'. 2. [TMRC] To cut, sever, smash, or similarly disable. 3. The sound made by many 3.5-inch diskette drives. In particular, the microfloppies on a Commodore Amiga go "grink, gronk".

You just gotta love google. I particularly like the Amiga and FDD reference. Brings back memories...

But imagine going up to someone and saying "mate, you sound like a dying FDD, so p1ss off"!

Now, I had best get back to real work!

in 2007, the world already has synchromesh gearboxes. double clutch/de-clutch is just for a flabby he-man trying to make a confused point. trust me, u don't really need it, just a simple heel-toe is great, all the way back to 1st gear.

mate once again you are talking crap... v8 supercars defianatly have strate cut gearboxes...the normal style gearboxes would defiantely not hold 650+hp... yur an idiot its got nothing to do with the pattern of shifting, but rather the way the actual gears in the gearbox are cut hence the name straight cut gearbox... and what makes you so think you know everything...

i define a gronk as a straight up diick

and wat shaokook said is right. there is no need to use the trucker style double clutching anymore these days butpeople use it in around tracks as it is easier on the syncros and when you double clutch to down gear it doesnt pull the car back no were near as much.. and the race method i refer too has a street name of double clutching... it is not slipping the clutch but rather like a rev dump to the next gear...once you have the hang of it it is actually really quick....defiantely superior to "granny shifting" or watever the other normal style is called

Edited by jf187

and wat shaokook said is right. there is no need to use the trucker style double clutching anymore these days butpeople use it in around tracks as it is easier on the syncros and when you double clutch to down gear it doesnt pull the car back no were near as much.. and the race method i refer too has a street name of double clutching... it is not slipping the clutch but rather like a rev dump to the next gear...once you have the hang of it it is actually really quick....defiantely superior to "granny shifting" or watever the other normal style is called

dooooood, it's not that hard to cut and paste my name correctly :(

anyway, the race method that u refer to that kinda "like a rev dump to the next gear", i think u might find it's called a heel-toe downshift :)

sorry bout the name ...i could of sworn that was it.. anyways thatheel-toe thing is not what im talking about thats why i said to the NEXT gear meaning up gearing n not PREVIOUS gear.. ill try n find an example of what im talking bout

Do you mean flat shifting?

who knows what he means Dave, he's changed his bloody mind in every post he does.

Clearly he posted like 3 times that V8 Supercars and Rally Cars use Dogboxes. Clearly not. All australian rally cars must use the standard gearbox, and V8 supercars are required to run a Holinger H Pattern 6 Speed box.

eh, who really cares anymore, we are supposed to be talking about clutches not gear shifting techniques

my guess is on your run you cooked the surface of your flywheel which flushed itself with your clutch. Maybe all stivo owner's with shift issues need a new fly or a really good flogging, I know what i'd prefer.

I like this logic. Good explanation.

And jf187, evidently there are people here who know what they are talking about. You don't have to use insults, just argue your case logically, people will respect you for it

as i said before micky tee... straight cut gearboxes have nothing to do with the shifting pattern... it is how the gears inside the gearbox are cut!! i can 150% guarentee you that v8 supercars use straight cut gearboxes. my bad for insulting you but every time i say something you want to be a smart as-s back to me so obviously im gonna get ****** off at you... my solution is mind your own business and ill mind mine.. oh and unless you are 100% sure about something dont say it..

btw what is +10%

look ... guys ...

you all got it wrong ...

granny shiftin .. not double clutching like you should ....

if you are having probs with your gear box then i believe you should be ordering your parts overnight from japan ... Put it on my tab at Micky T's

and while your at it get some super hot mashimoto ZX tyres ...

lol @ the fast and furious quotes

Just to settle the argument, i did a bit of a search, as i didn't actually know the answer, so now i do and so do you guys.

"Both brands use an Aussie-made Hollinger racing gearbox with six fixed, straight-cut ratios. Only three final drive ratios are available for the live rear axle, and no differentials are allowed, just a “spool.” "

Linkies

lol @ the fast and furious quotes

Just to settle the argument, i did a bit of a search, as i didn't actually know the answer, so now i do and so do you guys.

"Both brands use an Aussie-made Hollinger racing gearbox with six fixed, straight-cut ratios. Only three final drive ratios are available for the live rear axle, and no differentials are allowed, just a “spool.” "

Linkies

Cheers mate ;)

I'm not doubting how the gears inside are cut. I was just doubting the use of the word 'dogbox' because it clearly isnt

I'm not concerned that much about all these various shift techniques.

I'm interested in this apparent clutch adjustment which should solve the shift problems. I have been having a few issues every now and then shifting from 2nd to 3rd in a 03 sportivo i just purchased. So can most toyota dealerships fix this as i live out Campbelltown way and i dont really want to travel to Castlehill to get it done. Anyone know which toyota dealerships can do this mod. Maybe Liverpool etc.

thanks guys.

I don't see why the one at narellan or whatever couldn't do it.. Give them a call?

As far as i'm concerned, they're just given a document which is also floating around on here somewhere, that tells them what to do to adjust the clutch i think.

Anyone adjusted theirs themselves?

Chris

wrong again... "dogbox" is a nick name for a straight cut gearbox buddy.. n like i said you mind your own business mate... your such a hero on this forum in front of everyone... lets see what your like in person

them there is fighting words, just remember that mine is the biggest bat of all :toast: