Need New Headlight

Zeus

Does anyone have a standard factory left headlight for a 98 Camry? Toyota said they couldn't adjust it because the adjuster is broken. They quoted me on $280 for a new one. I really don't want to pay that much for a new headlight that needn't be new. Anyone have one with working adjusters?

Errrrm its like $10 for the adjuster. I bought 2 myself just recently. But maybe its different for a gen4.5. :s

What so you mean you can buy the adjusters separately?? Your Camry seems to be the same bodyshap as mine, but mine is 98. All they said was that I'd need a new headlight if I wanted it to be straightened.

Unless part of the actual headlight housing is broken, you can get the adjusters by it self. All it is, is a little piece of plastic thing with a screw/bolt thing. And i got it from a toyota parts dealer.

I'll have to question them about it! The report thingy said "adjuster faulty, requires new headlight." Maybe they're just trying to get me to pay more. I think the previous owner hit something that pushed the light in slightly, stripping the adjuster.

Yeah. They didn't say the light was broken, they said the adjuster was stripped/faulty. I tried adjusting it myself after, and I think it's just the lower adjuster that's been stripped.

Yeah tried that. The Phillips cutout is gone (stripped) and I can't make it move, so it must be the thread on the adjuster that's damaged. Toyota managed to adjust it a bit but said that it was all they could do because the adjuster was stripped. I don't see why I can't just get a new adjuster.