Windescreen

Zeus

erm, where r u in? Melbourne? there is a lot of places to get windscreen, and i dont think getting from toyota is a good choice, expensiveeeee...

try yellowpages.com.au, and start calling for price.

No, I haven't tried glass polish. Does that fix/hide scratches? They're not too bad, they're from the wipers I think. Previous owner did something stupid like turn the wipers on with no rubber on them. I'll try that product, what's it called?

• 2 weeks later...

My mate paid $220 supply and fit, removal and disposal etc... but not from toyota.... just a windscreen shop

oh btw... get a reciept cause the rta/vic roads guys wont give u a new rego sticker without it...

(THEY WANT PROOF.... AND MAYBE THE OLD STICKER).... oops caps key was on... :blush:

Edited by DJ-CAMRY MCV20

Try your insurance people. If it's bad enough to be declared unsafe you may get them to replace it. Most will cover one windscreen a year with no excess.

I'm on Third Party though, which basically does nothing for damage to you car ever. The scratches were there when I got the car. I don't think they'd be unsafe, but they are noticeable. For a new windscreen I'd be willing to pay up to $500, but I don't know how much Toyota would charge. I don't care where I got it from, so long as it's the same as the one already in there.