Member of the Month!

DHC09

I really like to Member of the Month idea on 9thGen.

The members ride section we have is great, but we got some really nice rides on TOCAU that we can show off that are often buried deep within the section.

9thGen votes for their MOTM, but here are some ideas.

1. Mods can pick amongst themselfs (from self-nominations).

2. The beginning of each month the Mods can pick ~5 candidates (or by self-nominations). Those who are picked have 2 weeks to post up 5 best pics of their cars, and everyone has 2 more weeks to vote on them! :P

Think this is good for the club socially too. What do you guys think? :toast:

9th gen did this? That I did not know. Sounds like a good idea though yesh.

Careful MOTM for forum contribution doesn't turn into WOTM.... The people this applies to know who they are...

Exactly. I'd continually win WOTM. It wouldn't be fair.

just spoken to steve and we are going to try and get this happening with more intergration into the forums as apposed to just a thread/post.

so if you see anything else you like keep the ideas coming.

Corey

just spoken to steve and we are going to try and get this happening with more intergration into the forums as apposed to just a thread/post.

so if you see anything else you like keep the ideas coming.

Corey

YAY :yahoo:

I got an awesome idea.

How about when you hit the 'new topic' button it goes to the search page instead and you can only post the new topic once you have done a search.

But realisticly, members with say less than 10 posts or 1 month membership have to have their topic verified by a mod before it actually goes up onto the board?

Another 9thgen idea. I liked the medals thing they had going, or the Ozhonda system of rep points.....

Another thing we could try once we get going is have a theme say every 3rd month.

Bit like what you would have in a show'n'shine

Eg. Best exterior (kits,wheels), best interior (seats, console, lights, sound/entertainment), best engine bay (layout, color scheme), best auto :P, best tracked car (track pics only!), etc...

And during State of Origin QLD and NSW members can pick 1 representative from each state and let the two duel it out :toast::ph34r: Or even a team of cars of 3-5 (team with most points win :D)

but yeah.. just some ideas to make it bit a more interesting, and hopefully inspire and motivate members to keep modding :P

Edited by DHC09

• 3 months later...

Any more news on when this will happen?? 2007 ,2008,2009......

Winners i think could be picked from nominations submitted to mods with a few criteria that should be met.

EG - been a member for a certain length of time

contribute to forum positively

Have a post count over a certain number perhaps.

So then they would submit pics of their car and we would have a bio sheet for them to fill out with a bit of a background about the member(name, birthdate, marriage, whether they are male/female, occupation etc etc. how they come to buy a toyota as well.

• 2 months later...
Member of the Month is now happening. Vote now for your pick.......

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=14134

Woohooo its finally happening :toast: I think i should get automatic nomination since I bought the idea to TOCAU :P

But that was MONTHS ago :P :P :P

Exactly, its taken the mods that long to get it setup and therefore I should be compensated :P :P

Member of the Month is now happening. Vote now for your pick.......

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=14134

Woohooo its finally happening :toast: I think i should get automatic nomination since I bought the idea to TOCAU :P

But that was MONTHS ago :P :P :P

Exactly, its taken the mods that long to get it setup and therefore I should be compensated :P :P

Well the idea was thrown around quite a while ago after I saw in on 9thgen corolla but admin were a bit slloooww in making it happen so i decided to get the ball rolling...