different ways to install ur sub??

MIIKEY

hi guys , i just got my self a first car, a toyota lexcen sedan, i want to install a sub but my mate has to have his middle seat down to have some good sound, has any1 made or got a good idea on how i can get the best amount of sound out of a sub as well as making it look nice n neat ?

Thankx in advance :)

:blink: His sub must be pretty weak :unsure:

What sort of car is that running in? Must be a damn tight boot or damn cheap equipment.

its a pioneer 1300watt sub in genuine box and a 600 mono block pioneer amp with a soniq dvd head unit

Hmmm :g:

Is the sub facing into the cabin, towards the back of the seats? My friend had a Falcon sedan and he deadset spent $300 max on his sub setup and the whole car shakes. No problem getting good sound into the cabin.

Hmmm :g:

Is the sub facing into the cabin, towards the back of the seats? My friend had a Falcon sedan and he deadset spent $300 max on his sub setup and the whole car shakes. No problem getting good sound into the cabin.

it faces out of the boot, do u suggest to turn it around ??

Yeah that could be a start... see with a hatchback you can face it backwards, pointing to the rear of the car, because the theory is that the sound can rebound off the glass and be directed into the cabin. With a sedan I've read that it's better to have it facing into the cabin... Anyway don't put a stereo in your Lexcen, let it be a hack and spend your cash on the 'rolla!

Yeah that could be a start... see with a hatchback you can face it backwards, pointing to the rear of the car, because the theory is that the sound can rebound off the glass and be directed into the cabin. With a sedan I've read that it's better to have it facing into the cabin... Anyway don't put a stereo in your Lexcen, let it be a hack and spend your cash on the 'rolla!

lol iv spent money on the rolla , but its manual n im not to keen on driving the manual yet, im just doing auto for my Red P's but when it comes to the Green P's im going to go through a school and learn manual properly

oh and i dont wana ruin such a beautifull car since im gunna b doing alot of saturday nite city driving

Yeah the auto car would be heaps better for city driving and it should seat plenty of mates comfortably too... An added bonus is that there's no problemo if you hit something, just select "R" :lol: But remember, just 'cos you're spending money on it now it doesn't mean you have to drive it now :spiteful:

M&M did a good job on it in the first place hey, white on white FTW

Yeah the auto car would be heaps better for city driving and it should seat plenty of mates comfortably too... An added bonus is that there's no problemo if you hit something, just select "R" :lol: But remember, just 'cos you're spending money on it now it doesn't mean you have to drive it now :spiteful:

M&M did a good job on it in the first place hey, white on white FTW

yeah they did a great job with it, i dont wanna ruin it cause i can imagin how much time n effort they had spent on it

as soon as i seen it i was like * Droools over the car * mummmyyyy buy that n fair enough we checked it over, the colour's r unique i gotta admit :)

do you already have subs for your lexcen?

ive got 2 x 10inch ported subs sitting at home that could use a new home...

if you plan on changing over to the corolla within a few years i wouldnt bother doing up the lexcen.. good car though, my parents bought 1 brand new back when they were new... hehe

Edited by JJCRU23R

do you already have subs for your lexcen?

ive got 2 x 10inch ported subs sitting at home that could use a new home...

if you plan on changing over to the corolla within a few years i wouldnt bother doing up the lexcen.. good car though, my parents bought 1 brand new back when they were new... hehe

na haven got a set of subs yet, im lookin for a set of 12"'s pref around the 1000 watt mark and a known good brand, i plan on keeping the lexcen for as long as i can

I have an '03 Rolla sedan and the sub faces the boot and not towards the cabin. The sub is in a sealed box. I find that the boot actually is good because it minimizes sub distortion with tighter air space. The bass seems to reflect forwards into the cabin nicely and seems to emanate from the font of the car despite the fact that sub is in the boot. I haven't tried turning the sub in different angles yet.

If your mate has crap sound or a weak amp, then he should get a ported sub which requires less power to the driver and possibly better sound. I've read a few reviews on ported and sealed sub units and generally sealed are better, but depending on your circumstances, ported may be better for you. I personally do not like boomy bass and I tried to recreate a sound field I like using various settings on the head unit. Took me a few weeks to find a happy medium for nice strong bass and overall balanced sound.

there's sumthing wrong... i'm only giving my sub 500W and the whole car shakes... although i do have it ported to 35hz... anyways it could be that the sub box is too small or maybe the gains r down lol... but yea it depeds on the car eg BMWs have killa sound deadning (duh) so that plays another role when trying to get subbass into the cabin... now it depends on the type of car it depends on the type of system you're running... there is no a right or wrong answer... you have to experiment yourself

If the box is sealed it should face backwards ... not into cabin .. then if it faces the boot it uses all that space ... turn it around and you will notice a difference... commodore/lexen have the worst acoustics in the boot ...

More power needed to go to the AMP from the battery ... bigger battery

The amp would be cutting out because of lack of 12volts or temp ... mostly lack of voltage

Also install a really good ground wire for the Amp aswell ...

Cheap subs will pump they will just not last as long as more expensive

If the Box is ported you can try porting it towards cabin ..

1 decent 12inch will give you good bass .... Get a 12inch Boston acoustics sub ... about $800 then you will feel sick because of the BASS sooo loud

Edited by DrivInGScHool

hahaha miikey lol i didnt no u put up boutz my sub lol na man the reason y i have the middle seat down is coz wen its up it rattles that stupid spoiler my dad put on lol that why im taking it off lol i still get good sound as u will c tommorw lol jsut wait till ive finished the system as well lol onli got 6inch spilts left to buy and a amp to run it off den im done then it will be good