Who is planning exhaust mods?

at the moment I'm researching which TRD systems will fit our cars.

If you want a dual tip exhaust this is the part# 17400-ZE211 but alas it's not my flavour.

I posted this before but check the link for all different exhaust systems for the Celica but it's the same engine so you get the idea:Exhaust clips for the 2ZZ-GE

Hope this helps ;)

D.

Hey Lucio may be we could see what we could negotiate if we get a few cars together. I want the CAT Back systems as well. I was quoted 800 for a stainless steel after market with mandrel bend or $650 with out the center can. If I went Steel approx 450. Since I will change my car every 4 years I may go the steel. But first I will check to make sure the insurance company does not reject the idea.

The system is not branded as such but will do the job and is a lot cheaper ....but is only a thought :unsure::unsure:

Oh by the way all the Melb boys do we agree to only post in Aus owners now ? I will get the register together and email it all to you.

hey peekay34, if u looking for a custom xhaust then i might b able to help, cos 600 is way too much to pay for cat bak, unless u get like a apexi muffler.

my ninjitsu teacher works in a xhuast shop and told me a 2.1/4" cat bak stainless steel would cost me 220(for a vectra v6), if u want ill come down with u and hell giv u a good price. its in box hill.

but whats to point of going cat bak? its already 2". i havnt really had a good look at the stock pipe but it looked like it was fairly straight. im prob just gonna change the xtractors and muffler, if i dont buy like a trd system, but definately doing some xhaust mods.

The stock is 2 inches however buying a cat back would be more for looks and sound. It's damn hard to find a full exhaust for the car because the exhaust system is soo complex from the original extraxtors, and you cant mess with it too much. The extractos are another hard item to find, if anyone does find one apart from the trd which is alot of money, please let me know. I wish more aussie shops were into tuning toyota's so they can make parts here, bloody hell, its always nissans. scoobys and hondas.

Hi guys,

I still have been looking at exhaust options and still unsure as to do extractors. The problem is with extractors insurance companies do not want to touch you.

I have found someone to do extractors for the car but they want my car for a couple of weeks so as the custom ones they make are tuned perfectly for it. I was told in this time my car would spend a bit of time on a dyno.

They would create a full system in stainless steel for approx $1700.00.

I just do not know if the performance increase will be worth my $1700 and a few weeks of having to rent a car, and the associated insurance headaches???

Maybe just do a remus or Supersprint muffler and be done with it! Save the problems!!!

Illuminati you are on. Just before the CAT it is approx 2.5 inches then reduces down to the standard exhaust 2 inches.. If it was 2.5 inches back should be good ring me on my mob and we will arange when you can go. I will check with the insurance company if it is ok in the mean time. Stewart if you are going to do it maybe you should come down as well.

Hey guys let me know as well, im interested, more for looks than performance, although a few extra ponies always helps. I also ordered my whiteline strut brace today from Repco, thanks Paul for the info, should be getting it before x-mas. As for the extractors, they cost way too much.

FYI the Trial headers made for the 2ZZ-GE has been proven to gain the most out of the TRD, AMSS and Trial products. Here is a link for the Trial one: 2ZZ-GE header

There is also heaps of references on exhausts and whatnot on the these forums:

Matrixowners

Matrixvibe

Newcelica

Very useful sites with plenty of feedback on mods bad and good for the 2ZZ-GE.

Hope it helps ;)

Later

D.

i tried replying at work, but for sum reason i couldnt log in.

anyways, im gonna speak with the guy tomorow and see what he says and when he will have time.

that shop has done 2 of my mates cars. ones a lancer, he baught his own muffler and they charged him 115 for a cat bak and fitting muffler b4 i even knew this guy. the other is a vk v8 he got the full system with genie headers, forgot how much it cost him.

they also sell brake pads there but dont buy that brand(bendix) because they are made from metal and chew ur disks!

PM or email me ur mob number and ill let u kno tom or wed whats going on. i dono if they open sat but thats pretty much the only time i could do it. (but not sat 13th, got plans-work xmas party, free booze!(and cypress hill concert on fri))

i thought id take it upon myself to warn u guys.

dont get exited and go too big(width). u loose alot of low down torque, but it does add alittle power at the top.

ive seen it happen and the guy pretty much wasted his cash cos he needed to get a bigger one.

my mate with the lancer has lost so much torque, even the vk v8 has lost some torque(but its no so noticable). some ppl dont mind the giant decrease in torque, but when u get to a hill u have to gear down.

i love torque. torque pretty much equals acceleration, the more torque u have the more force is pushing ur car allong(if u think im worng xplain to me y :P ).

Personally, the biggest I would go would be 2.25 inches. I had a 2.5 inch mandrel bent system in my ae82 4age twin cam and the noise from it was unbearable in the cabin when driving on freeways not to mention that I got pulled over by the cops for the noise.

Bit Racer.

Hi Folks...

Been reading the forum...but what are the following items you guys mentioned about cuz i got NFI ;) :-

-Whiteline Strut Brace

-Whiteline Swaybar

Sorry for my ignorance as i haven't been into modin cars b4....Do they do much in terms of performance to the car or wat?

peekay34 - seems like you've done the most mods to your car...What are your recommendations?

Cheers..

J@Se.

Peekay,

I have been checking out the insurance and the brokers are coming up with the same we are. It seems a lot of insurers will only allow 2 modifications before declining your policy. There are a some who insure you with more but these are coming back well over twice what we are paying... Its not worth it :angry::angry::angry:

One of the guys said do your exhaust but keep your original tip on it as once the the pipe and muffler have some km on them (ie dirt/wear & tear) they wont tell as they don't really look at it that closely especially if the tip is stock. :ph34r::ph34r:

How is that for advice from a Broker! :blink::blink:

Cheers

i spoke with the xhaust guy, and he sed that u can come in any time and just meniton my name(martin), hell check it out and giv u a quote and if ur happy hell make a appointment. hes not working this sat, and thurs he finishes at 4, but otherwise he sed u can come in netime.

hell do a mandrel bent custom xhaust real cheap, and its not **** either, its good quality work. hell just stick some stock muffler on there unless u guys buy ur own from auto barn or wer ever(which will make the job cheaper).

my mate baught his own muffler and got it put on with 2" cat bak, stainless steel piping for $120.00

let me kno wot ur thoughts r.