Who is planning exhaust mods?

Insurance sorted out now. I can go full steam ahead. Can you supply details re company address and contact number. Thank god I work for an insurance company. As for muffler I will have a look around at my options or go TRD.

Well the car is booked in next Saturday for it's exhaust thanks Martin I have decided to go with your friends place. If you can make it next week that would be good. Not decided if I will go mandrel or press fit yet apporx 100 extra system will be cat back 2.25 inches. Or to get the Stainless steel muffler I was offered a drift unit for less than $250.

hey peekay34

i think my friend has the muffler you mentioned here, but not so sure the size, i remmeber my friend got a silencer as well, plus the cost is the same $250 installed. i think it was a good deal.

i'm also interested getting a muffler for my 2002 Corolla, u reckon we both go down that shop, we could get a bit of discount.

cheers

gogo I will be there on Saturday I will be going the mandrel bend, with Redback exhaust after discussing with the exhaust shop 2.25 inches. They see no advantage going stanless steel. Also there is no diffrence in performance. Red back are used in performance cars any way. I am going for performance not noise. Plus is a lot cheaper than TRD. I was quoted $1000 for the rear muffler (TRD). If you want to turn up please do.

I will make up my mind on the day. Redback is a steel performance muffler as stated no peformance gain going to stainless steel anyway. Stainless just last longer. And I don't have any intention of keeping the car beyond 4 years anyway so makes no difference.

i went to autobarn today. i think they are having sales or something.

there are 2 mufflers on sales, the brand is DRIFT (never heard of it b4)

1, stainless steel (2 1/2" input pipe & 4" tip) $199 (no Fitting)

2, same size same brand but titanium tipped $239

peekay u interested?

Geez how did I miss this thread... :o

Ive kept the Centre section of my standard system from the manifold and the full length of the straight section which incorporates the cat and centre muffler... Youd have to see under your car to see what Im talking about...

I had the rear section cut off and a flange put on the straight cat and centre section... I ran 2.5" aluminised mild steel pipe from that flange to an SR Polished Stainless Barrel Muffler with 3.5" Outlet.. However this is fitted with 2.5" Removable Silencer... So when I compete in my club events I can up the ante with 110+ DB of exahust noise... :) With the silencer in it still has a very sporty note.. In fact its pretty damn good.. Never thought Id say that.. (27 Holdens Before the Stivo)

The exhaust mod netted about 9hp at the wheels according to the rolling road.. Which I thought wasnt to bad at all..

I can return the exhaust to factory configuration in about ten minutes by unbolting the rear section and putting the stock section back in place... :)

My advice is... Think about what you want to do before you do it... The straight cat and muffler section, as standard, flows pretty damn well.. No point in re inventing the wheel.. A little more flow out the rear is what your chasing.. You dont need to use a mass poser shanezz style rice cannnon like I did.. But meh... Its cool !! :D

Cheers,

anyone knows what is the difference btw from those well known brands such as TRD,APEXi with those no brands mufflers or universal mufflers?

i only know those well known brands are computerised when manufacturing, so the measurements are almost 100% correct (i would say).

why pay more for well branded if there are much diffecence beside the brand itself?

Did putting an exhaust on the stivo make a difference?

i looked under the stivo before..and it looks fairly big actually.

i've got a 2 1/4" system..and the stivo one looks just as big, if not bigger.

so...make any difference in performance?

I just got back from an exhaust shop in Footscray. The salesman had a look at the exhaust and was very impressed. The standard one is 2 inches mandrel bent stainless steel.He used the word "beautiful" quite alot :D . His advice was to just get a different muffler, and not waste money in getting a cat back system as there is no need. The only restriction is at the muffler, so a sports one should give a few more horses and better sound. I was quoted 220 for a redback.