those corolla tail light can't run on the road?

littleBlacks

According to OzParts, This item is intended for OFF-ROAD or show purpose only. It is not intended to be used for regular driving conditions.

http://www.ozeparts.com/picture.asp?showPic=TAA8000NBB.JPG

If I installed, i can put it @ home only?

any one bought this one can share? Thanks

Regards

Edited by littleBlacks

According to OzParts, This item is intended for OFF-ROAD or show purpose only. It is not intended to be used for regular driving conditions.

http://www.ozeparts.com/picture.asp?showPic=TAA8000NBB.JPG

If I installed, i can put it @ home only?

any one bought this one can share? Thanks

Regards

Commonly referred to as Altezza tail lights, many of those on the forum have them running on their cars. Do a search, and ye shall find.

You can be defected for them as they don't meet ADR regulations...

BUT, I'm sure you could get them engineered as they use the same amount of lights and the same wattage globes as the standard lenses... Show the engineer they work exactly the same and there should be no problems...

BUT, I'm sure you could get them engineered as they use the same amount of lights and the same wattage globes as the standard lenses... Show the engineer they work exactly the same and there should be no problems...

Bwahahahahaha.

Good luck with that.

ADR's cover a whole lot more than just - "it lights up".

Glare, light output, visability, strength (for crashes), these are just part of the requirments.

If it's so simple to get ADR approval for them, why hasn't the manufacturer/importer done it ?

Sorry but it just won't happen (ADR).

They (police) might overlook them, but if you get a nasty copper that's just been in a big fight with his GF, get the vassaline out fast :blink:

i put these lights in basically 2 weeks after i had my car. had them for 2 yrs since! no issues with coppers what so ever.

seein as the lancers & 06 lancers have similar chrome type lights i think they just over look it. the havent said anything when getting the car regod there dont seem to be issues

i got these installed.. ( the chrome 1s)... its listed as part of my cars insurance.

i think they put the "off road conditions" coz they cant guarentee that you wont get in trouble by cops for installing it.

the only problem installing these is if your stock bulbs wont fit the new tail lights. in that case youll need to solder the new wires inline with the stock 1s, so you can still connect the stock tail lights later on if you needed.

thats what happened on mine, so i got em installed by an autoelectrician for a good price coz the guy installed heaps of em and they dont take long for him to install .

i didnt wanna take chances with installing incorrectly so i chose not to diy... because theyre tail lights! if it were something more ricey (fancy, but no practical function) like the silver door sill lights then it wont worry me if i messed up on installing them myself.

tail lights have a practical function and other people depend on them to see whether im breaking or reversing, so unless you are sure you are able to do it properly, get it installed by an autoelectrician.