PS3 vs Xbox360

Taijee

Of Course, but are you going to pay twice as much for it... If money is no boundary then you are right. But i wont be spending 1k on a gaming console.

but think about it tho... for whatever the PS3 offers... and if you package it up with the 360... the price match would be the same... i am happy with the PS3 as it runs really well on the 1080p~

i just made the choice the other week - went with the 360... simply because unless you have a 1080i TV, then they're going to look the same on a normal TV... the reason i went for the xbox was the games that are out, the fact its been out longer (so alot of bugs have been ironed out already)...

that and you're going to pay like $400 extra for the PS3, and i dont believe its worth $400 more...

and yeah i agree i think HD DVD will win, even though it looks like bluray is better known (most people dont understand that there's a difference between DVD and HD DVD...)

i just made the choice the other week - went with the 360... simply because unless you have a 1080i TV, then they're going to look the same on a normal TV... the reason i went for the xbox was the games that are out, the fact its been out longer (so alot of bugs have been ironed out already)...

that and you're going to pay like $400 extra for the PS3, and i dont believe its worth $400 more...

and yeah i agree i think HD DVD will win, even though it looks like bluray is better known (most people dont understand that there's a difference between DVD and HD DVD...)

m... interesting...

in the market at the moment, there tend to be more blu-ray products than hk dvd

I'm gonna be doing this in a couple of months, leaning towards the 360. PS3 has awesome graphics and all but I'd only buy it for Gran Turismo. Xbox has Forza and Project Gotham and heaps more stuff AND it's cheaper :D

I think that PS3 definately has alot more power. Sony has always been ahead of its time, trying to bring new technologies in.

For example

And the HD DVD vs BluRay battle isnt so simple anymore, although I thinks its all a bit stupid, as no sonsumer is going to have 4 different players just to watch movies. There will eventually be one dominant format. See below.

Another format

And another

And after all that, I myself stick with PC because of its flexibilty. :)

Cheers,

C.j

• 2 weeks later...