help full advice on lowering

dannyboy

Hey guys & gals, just wanted to tell the toca community what i have been told.

If you are to lower your car on pedders lows (30mm drop) then it will be fine. They told me that you wont wear out your shocks because the car isnt heavy enough, but if you were to do it on a commodor or ford then you would be in trouble.

So guys that are in the same boat as me (being a tight ****) then this will be ok.

happy lowering yeeehhhaaaa!!!

p.s. LIFT is incredible

I just got coilovers put into my car and realised that the sway bar endlinks are too long......grrr......need adjustable front sway to fix it up.

Whether your shocks wear out sooner or later depends on your driving style and the roads that you travel on. If the roads that you travel on frequently are bumpy and generally not good, then your shocks will wear out quicker. Same if you like to enter corners at speed often, but then your brakes wear out quicker too...

I got mine second hand out of another car we had. But I've heard Pedders have charged people like $500 for a set! Pedders gear is usually expensive. What is it about the Pedders 30mm-drop springs that differentiate them from the Kings 30mm-drop springs? Nothing, if it's the same drop, it will have the same effect on the shocks. So I think they were making a general statement about lowering a light car 30mm or less. I still maintain the standard shocks will die faster with lower springs than stock springs because they spring/shock combo is not matched.

I got mine second hand out of another car we had. But I've heard Pedders have charged people like $500 for a set! Pedders gear is usually expensive. What is it about the Pedders 30mm-drop springs that differentiate them from the Kings 30mm-drop springs? Nothing, if it's the same drop, it will have the same effect on the shocks. So I think they were making a general statement about lowering a light car 30mm or less. I still maintain the standard shocks will die faster with lower springs than stock springs because they spring/shock combo is not matched.

don't forget the spring rate has a lot to do with it too..

I just got coilovers put into my car and realised that the sway bar endlinks are too long......grrr......need adjustable front sway to fix it up.

Whether your shocks wear out sooner or later depends on your driving style and the roads that you travel on. If the roads that you travel on frequently are bumpy and generally not good, then your shocks will wear out quicker. Same if you like to enter corners at speed often, but then your brakes wear out quicker too...

what coilovers did you end up getting suprathai

don't forget the spring rate has a lot to do with it too..

Granted the Pedders are pretty stiff