Number plate msg

Hey Guys

I know this mite sound a bit weird - but i would really appreciate your input into devising a number plate msg for my black 05 stivo.

I was thinking TRD - 141??? Is this a bit pov??

I dont wanna use my name cause i think NAT as the 3 letters would look pov - you always look at those number plates, when people put their names on

them and think theyre pov!! I do anyways - no offence to anyone.... :whistling:

In tas theyve just launched tasplates - which gives us the opportunity to design a plate with 3 letters followed by 3 numbers and a choice of 5 colours for

$295 :yahoo: I know tas is a bit slow on doing these things!!! You can get a 6 letter word for $950 - but i think thats a bit steep, afterall its only a number

plate!!

So any ideas you guys think of or have seen before would be greatly appreciated!!! ;)

Thanx - i know it seems weird - but hey im stuck!!! :D

TRD-141 is probably the only good one if you can only do three letters followed by three numbers haha & what the hell is pov?

Yeah makes it hard only 3 letters 3 numbers hey - but $950 i would rather spend on other stuff not a number plate!!

Maybe pov is a Tassie word - its means like stupid or lame!!!

TRD-141 is probably the only good one if you can only do three letters followed by three numbers haha & what the hell is pov?

Yeah makes it hard only 3 letters 3 numbers hey - but $950 i would rather spend on other stuff not a number plate!!

Maybe pov is a Tassie word - its means like stupid or lame!!!

No I remember the word 'pov' in NSW a few years ago, so no it isn't a Tassy word and yes Tasmania is a few years behind :P

LOL can't believe no-one can give him anything better than TRD-141! You can do heaps better than that, come on guys!

[ZZE-123] is so obvious...

6 letter word for $950??? Bargain!

How bout [sPR-TVO], [MR-TIVO], [CROLLA]...

Use your imagination :toast:

there is nothing wrong (or pov) with using you name in your plate.. except when the fee comes and you BECOME a povo for a good 6 weeks trying to recoup your losses...

personalised plates are annoying to pay for, but very satisfying...

it depends if you want your plates to reflect YOU... or your CAR... i chose to reflect me because i knew if i changed cars i could take them with me (my name aint changing)...

just avoid things like DOMIN8 or Q2CDIS or something equally homo...

... & what the hell is pov?

"Pov" - derived from the word "poverty", first syllable. One must look at associated conditions of being poverty stricken to derive its colloquial meaning. For instance, sickness is very often associated with poverty - ie. lame. Therefore, to use the term "pov" is akin to using lame, or other similar substitutes.

Likewise, lack of money is also correlated with poverty. Therefore, appropriate synonyms may be "budget" or "economy". So to then call something Pov is to say it is budget, or poor... which, of course, has certain negative connotations.

So "Pov" is not something you really want your car to be... especially as vehicles are commonly used as status symbols!

(potential rego plate: [2POV4U])

Edited by Leroy

... & what the hell is pov?

So "Pov" is not something you really want your car to be... especially as vehicles are commonly used as status symbols!

In the context that Rolla Boy used it, that is true and is the most common meaning. But in the context of Honda's it means 'power of vtec'.

there is nothing wrong (or pov) with using you name in your plate.. except when the fee comes and you BECOME a povo for a good 6 weeks trying to recoup your losses...

personalised plates are annoying to pay for, but very satisfying...

it depends if you want your plates to reflect YOU... or your CAR... i chose to reflect me because i knew if i changed cars i could take them with me (my name aint changing)...

just avoid things like DOMIN8 or Q2CDIS or something equally homo...

Agreed. Personalised plates are just that - personalised. Get something that means something to you, or that is applicable to your car. Personally, I love Dennis's "ZZE-122" - lucky ***** for thinking of that! :) It just completes the car imho. Homosexuality = ONE2NV, Q2CDIS, URMYQT, LMN88R etc... I just don't understand why people want to look retarded and dyslexic.

And why/how would having your name on your plates look cheap? You should get what you can afford.

Likewise.

A message to the people who want to race you off the lights: [GRO-WUP]

Hey Guys,

Thanx heaps for your input!! ;)

At the mo im looking at either TVO - 005 or NVY - 001. I like the second one better cause then i can take it with me and the first one will have to stay with

the car! Its been pretty much 50/50 with my friends and family so what do you guys think? Which one??

TVO - 005 (as in sportivo)

or

NVY - 001 (as in envy)

Cheers, thanx guys!!!

If I were you I'd get the TVO-005. Unless you have a ferrari or something equivalent, most people will not "envy" a road car they see all the time. Besides, you might want different plates for your next car...

Edited by lucida