Insurance

Leroy

Hey guys, im just new to the forum....

ive got an 05 sportivo...ive been shopping for insurance and these are the results....

1. QBE.....$5000.00

2. GIO.....$5275.00

3. NRMA...$5700.00

4. AAMI...$4000.00

5. JUST CAR $1920.00

based on me being 20, under 21 and the location...

cheers,

stephen

get your dad or someone whose 25+ to call up shannons ask for a quote

then put your name as the designated driver

should not be more then $1000 :toast:

make sure someone 25+ calls up because when they hear your 21 its (click beep beep beep beep)

The car is currently in my name and as far as i was aware, insurance companies put the owner of the vehicle as the primary insurer. maybe im just gonna have to transfer the rego of my car over to my parents name and insure it under their name...cheers stephen

When I purchased my insurance I was 21 years old, and it covered $22,500 with AAMI. I had a brand new Corolla Ascent hatchback.

I pay $750 premium and I think $1100 excess for a claim. Once im 25+ the excess with drop to $500 or so. I did another quote, hypothetically if I lived in my girlfriends suburb. If i did, insurance would be $1500 premium, same excess. The area has a huge influence.

The car is currently in my name and as far as i was aware, insurance companies put the owner of the vehicle as the primary insurer. maybe im just gonna have to transfer the rego of my car over to my parents name and insure it under their name...cheers stephen

Wow what area do u live in? 5k is ridiculous, either you have a shocking driving record or something funny is going on.

Also, having your name on the rego papers is NOT title to the ownership of your car, therefore the insurance company shouldnt care who's name the car is registered in. They just 'recommend' that the same name is on both pieces of paper.

if you transfer the rego to your parents you will have to sell them the car, plus pay stamp duty. Bad idea.

i tried to get my car insured with Suncorp and they would've even touch me cause they classed my sportivo as a "high powered vehicle" so i'm now with RACQ.......it costs me about $850....i think it's a $400 excess and i'm insured for $25K....but i'm 23 and i'm a rating 1 driver (just goes to show us females are good drivers hahaha)

Hi,

I would recommend AAMI. They offer a FREE driver defence course for people under 25 and is about half a day. i done this course out at the UNi campus in Quakers Hill, Syd.

Once completed, you get 10% off your comprehensive premium until the age of 25! My comprehensive insurance is $600, which is the lowest i could get with paying the highest amount on FLEXI-premium.

so for example, my excess is about $2000, but my annual premium is $600, and that reduced with the 10% discount as well.

thats for myself- 23 years old, 2004 ascent sports in campbelltown. with 3 speeding fines history.

I'm 19 yrs old and I got quoted by RAC for $2100 for a 05 corolla accent 1zz

i had a similar price (06 Ascent Sedan) from RAC when i called from toyota on the day i bought. a week later changed to SGIO and pay just over 1K now..

So is SGIO better?

How about QBE? anyone has any idea about QBE?

Its actually not bad i think..my aunt had 2 crashes in the past few months..she was knocked from behind..a new 2007 corolla sedan..the 1st crash was alright n they changed her whole bumper new..2nd crash was like scratch n stuff..the QBE guy was like i'll change it for u..the service is not bad ey..

Anyone have QBE? how much u paying?

Im just going on 3rd party for now =(

Wow what area do u live in? 5k is ridiculous, either you have a shocking driving record or something funny is going on.

Also, having your name on the rego papers is NOT title to the ownership of your car, therefore the insurance company shouldnt care who's name the car is registered in. They just 'recommend' that the same name is on both pieces of paper.

if you transfer the rego to your parents you will have to sell them the car, plus pay stamp duty. Bad idea.

Hi Micky_tee.....live in western suburbs....fairfield to be exact...my driving record is clean...one infridgement for parking but thats about it....im 21 next week and ive got my full licence with 12 points...so my recs are pretty clean...yeh it struck me too aye when they said $5k...its shocking....i wouldnt put it under my parents name....too much hassle and what for...in the long run ill save a couple of cents...lol.....

Hi Leroy..

Not sure what state you live in.. But, try this insurance company.. Apparently they're cheaper then AAMI, NRMA, GIO or Justcar

www.budgetdirect.com.au

It's $850 for me (full comprehensive insurance)

agree value: $25,000

Mod: minor mods (filter, suspension)

Hopefully, they will insure you cheaper then the one you've try.. =)

Regards

Hao

Hey guys, ive just bought a 1zz 03 model ascent... i live ACT/NSW region

Im male, under 25...cheapest insurance i can get is $1300p.a by myself!! this sucks, its a corolla not a 180sx!!!

Cheapest all up is if i get my parents to insure it, not even have me listed as a regular driver. That works out at about $570p.a. I then would have to pay $500 excess, plus another $600 excess for my demographic (in the event of something untoward)...and have my folks say that i was 'borrowing it'. I dont know if i want to be that dodgy with insurance...

If anyone has any solutions/experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated...

Thankyou very much,

Leroy

• 3 weeks later...