Insurance

Leroy

Hey guys, ive just bought a 1zz 03 model ascent... i live ACT/NSW region

Im male, under 25...cheapest insurance i can get is $1300p.a by myself!! this sucks, its a corolla not a 180sx!!!

Cheapest all up is if i get my parents to insure it, not even have me listed as a regular driver. That works out at about $570p.a. I then would have to pay $500 excess, plus another $600 excess for my demographic (in the event of something untoward)...and have my folks say that i was 'borrowing it'. I dont know if i want to be that dodgy with insurance...

If anyone has any solutions/experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated...

Thankyou very much,

Leroy

Edited by Leroy

I'm 19 yrs old and I got quoted by RAC for $2100 for a 05 corolla accent 1zz

i had a similar price (06 Ascent Sedan) from RAC when i called from toyota on the day i bought. a week later changed to SGIO and pay just over 1K now..

Mine is from AAMI, and I pay $570 for a 03 1ZZFE. This year they put the price up to $630. I had a not-at-fault claim, which I assume should not effect it.

One thing to think about, unless your name is on the insurance cover note. My understanding is that you will be covered for the cost of the claim, minus the excess as per there notes. You will however not be covered for public property damage, so if you drive into someones house, take down a power transformer etc.

So I would assume cheapest is to get your parents to sign you up as a driver, you will however effect there no claim discounts and history.

Guest dong-soo

not bad price of insurance. i pay 1600 per year to insure a "stock ae86 levin".... its not stock, i guess i should notify them ?? would my premuim cost increase ?>?

Im paying out the ******en **** atm for my insurance, and im expecting it to go up as I have to change companies to one that will allow me to make ol cheryl more grouse with after market parts :P

Edited by Simo

I have a stock Corolla Ascent Hatch and I'm with Suncorp and my Premium is $1800, and that was with the 60% discount cos my parents are rating one. And I'm 17 lol

P.S I changed the Muffler on it to a cheap Sports muffler which only barely increased the noise. Should I tell them, and if so would it go up heaps

Edited by The Hammer

Guest dong-soo
not bad price of insurance. i pay 1600 per year to insure a "stock ae86 levin".... its not stock, i guess i should notify them ?? would my premuim cost increase ?>?

i wonder what price REOMAN pays to insure his ae86 ???

no leo i wont get a hair cut ^__^

20yo Male

05 Sportivo

TRD CAI, DVD player

paying $1760 But having issues with them at the moment as they wont cover my CAI but car is insured for around $25k

Theyll insure DVD player but not CAI, i told them and they sed that they could void my insurance. DAMN

A higher excess reduces your per year fee .... .. corolla is high insurance because of how many are on the road

It is generally cheaper to insure a Porsche than a standard car because of claims

Insurance goes on Age ... Sex ..... Location .. then car and then amount of cars they have insured and how many claims are made on that car in that area that you live

Just Car (AAMI).. will insure anyone but excess is crazy

Even rating One lifetime on a standard corolla ascent is around $900 upwards for full insurance cover in most area's of melbourne

So shop around ... check interstate companys like Suncorp which is in queensland i think AAMI is about the best ..

If you live at home insure in your parents name .. because insurance doesn't care who owns the car

I don't know if you guys just don't shop around, live in bad areas or just have to have a certain mod but even I don't get ripped off that badly at a grand. As for lowering I know RACQ allow a 40mm drop :toast: but it still isn't enough. I found NRMA and AAMI wanted to charge me almost double RACQ :o everwhere else wouldn't touch me with that car for my age. And the less said about Shannons the better.

No offence all, but why are we talking about this again? (so many threads on insurance...)

surely people realise that there are soooo many factors that influence insurance and asking other people what they pay doesnt really help with anything unless you're in the EXACT same scenario (state, age, mods, suburb, NCB, driving history, excess, agreed value etc)

In answer to the original poster; having your parents say you 'borrowed' the car is a flaw in the insurance policy which the insurance company will debate no end. I tried to get this in writing on my first car and they refused saying that they could only verbally advise..

at the end of the day it is a risk that, if your willing to take, will save you plenty of money but can/will cause some issues if you do end up in an at fault accident

just moved from GIO to NRMA $1700 quoted

now sitting on $1300 with nrma

Hey Pete in theory King lows void NRMA insurance as they only allow 30mm drop.

not for me!

and got the new car on the way going under nrma too