brake conversion ZZE121, ZZE122, ZZE123

jonrolla

Ive have only seen one car so far that has attempted a brake conversion.

what is involved in this???

how do you get the caliper and disc to align, do you use the stock mounts for the calipers???

what modifications are needed??

and what is the usual cost???

People with the zze122 should be able to bolt up the zze123 front brake calipers and rotors with no dramas at all. Gives an extra 20mm or so diameter in rotor size. The rears are the same between the two models so no point swapping to zze123 rears. Not too many zze123 calipers floating around though. Rollamods/Map81 and Pippy know of other, bigger more technical, options that work.

Edited by SuperDave

rotora's BBK is also an option

yes so far xoom your setup looks the nicest :)

was it an easy install???

i wounder if the zze123 and zze122 have the same pickup mounting points for the callipers

Edited by jonrolla

I'm pretty sure a decent upgrade would be the sportivo caliper and disc, should be a straight sway over to zze122 corollas. Or you can try to get JDM ST185 twin piston calipers that bolt onto the stock disc (255mm), they are a confirmed bolt-on.

ST202 calipers from the JDM superstrut celica have twin piston calipers that will bolt onto the sportivo no problems at all, only problem is sourcing those calipers in the firt place. If you happen to have access to a pair of ST205 calipers then you could try those, might need some spacers to centre the caliper over onto the disc though.

i wounder if the zze123 and zze122 have the same pickup mounting points for the callipers

The hubs are exactly the same between the 122 and 123, kits for one will fit the other. You can get the Rotora kit out of TW without the stenciling for about half the price.

The hubs are exactly the same between the 122 and 123, kits for one will fit the other. You can get the Rotora kit out of TW without the stenciling for about half the price.

Im sure the guys are all dying to ask jase and are too shy to ask ...... so u got a link ?

I'll get Pippy to post the link when he gets back from TW.

If you're good with searching you sould be able to find them on http://tw.auctions.yahoo.com/ without too much trouble. I'm only any good with the Japanese Yahoo site.

Edited by rollamods

the 302mm setup on Pippy's car uses an alloy caliper which is quite light, and no spacers. I'll get him to weigh the stock setup V's the upgrade kit at some stage. It might be equal to the stock setup with the weight reduction of the caliper and weight increase of the disc.