Black Aurion Disadvantages

AndrewC

I have a black SX6 and yep, it shows the dirt bad however I enjoy washing it and taking care of the car. It gets me out of the house and gives me 2 hours in which i can listen to my tunes out in the sunshine and away from the missus...........

Thanks Wixy for your input...

Just double check, if I bought scratch x from meguiars...do I still need to use this clay bar?

edit: i just checking meguiars website, I guess it is doing the same job so i don't need this clay bar.

Edited by insi

Just double check, if I bought scratch x from meguiars...do I still need to use this clay bar?

edit: i just checking meguiars website, I guess it is doing the same job so i don't need this clay bar.

This scratch X is working...about 80-90% to remove fine scrathes. Tested in my car with light scratches but in my friend's car probably because it is too deep it won't remove deep scratches but the rest were good.

Wixy/everyone,

Since we are in melbourne, you know, there is a water restriction so I normally drive my car to spray it and clean the car there and wipe it clean. Can I drive it home around 4 mins drive back to my place and wax it at home? because I don't want to wax the car over there and hold the next car who wants to wash. Is it ok to drive home and wax it? or it is not a good idea since on the way home it will pickup dust and not good to wax over it.

Please let me know your opinon. Thanks.

This scratch X is working...about 80-90% to remove fine scrathes. Tested in my car with light scratches but in my friend's car probably because it is too deep it won't remove deep scratches but the rest were good.

Wixy/everyone,

Since we are in melbourne, you know, there is a water restriction so I normally drive my car to spray it and clean the car there and wipe it clean. Can I drive it home around 4 mins drive back to my place and wax it at home? because I don't want to wax the car over there and hold the next car who wants to wash. Is it ok to drive home and wax it? or it is not a good idea since on the way home it will pickup dust and not good to wax over it.

Please let me know your opinon. Thanks.

What do you think if I drive home for 4 mins and wax at home? still OK?

What do you think if I drive home for 4 mins and wax at home? still OK?

I do this and I think it's ok. Just make sure that you haven't collected any bugs and other crap on the car, I usually do a bit of checking and spot cleaning when I get home. Also gently wipe/blow dust away if already on the car before waxing. Note that I've found more dust collected overnight in the garage than on a short drive on a nice day.

Back to the original topic starter regarding a black (ink) aurion, I've finally washed (well) and waxed my black Presara. Geez it looks awesome. Turns a lot of heads. Had to take a few pictures, given the car is new, it's probably the best it's ever going to look...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the late reply, i'm new around here. I bought a Black Aurion end of last year. My previous car was white and showed the dird up real easy too. I found the Aurion does show up the dirt pretty easy but if the car is waxed a good hose of (or park out in the rain) cleans it up without the need to dry it. I say park out in the rain cos mine lives in a double lock up garage so i actually had to open the garage and park it in the rain one day. Left it in the driving rain for a half hour then pulled it back into the garage. It dried up sweet with only a couple of water marks on the flat part of the boot. Pretty lazy i know but i did get sick of washing it. The inclosed garage does help tho too...

My previous car was white and showed the dird up real easy too. I found the Aurion does show up the dirt pretty easy but if the car is waxed a good hose of (or park out in the rain) cleans it up without the need to dry it.

My previous car was also white, I could get away with washing it at Easter and Christmas only... :rolleyes: given the water restrictions in Melbourne I probably should have cut down !

The black Aurion does show dirt, but more because it's metalic black rather than because its Aurion! :rolleyes:

When I first took it home it was through the rain, it dried in the garage and I was horrified. "What have I done" I thought thinking it's going to look like that every time it rains. I have since purchased a $40-$50 can of carnuba wax (tried to get the most expensive one), and the difference is amazing. Like you say, a good shower (nature or man-induced) will clean it up very well. Obviously will not be 100% effective, but very acceptable. BTW, when applying such wax, only work one panel (at most) at a time and then buff off. DO NOT try to cheat and coat the whole car first and then buff off. You will regret it. More than a few minutes the wax hardens to a point where it's very difficult to rub off.