Black Aurion Disadvantages

AndrewC

Man I when to test drive a Aurion today, man I loved it. And I love the colour black. I know there are a few people here with a black Aurion here. I was wondering how bad does it get in terms of dirt sticking to it.

I was told by the saleman that I would be cleaning the car at least once a week and I'll be wishing that I got a lighter colour!!! Seriously is it that bad? I can imagine that in winter it'll have water marks and in summer the dust would be everywhere. Is it that noticable?? ie can you actually see it from a meter away or only when you are right up next to it.

Also beside the things I pointed out what else should I be looking out for? Waiting for your replies eagerly

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Hi Dobmit

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking out for black cars all day while driving, I don't notice dirt while tail gating them lol Is it really noticable from far? Would someone have a pic of a day of a black aurion? The pictures I'm browsing through looks great.

Andrew

i hv a black aurion, and hv to admit, dirt are fuking easy to be seen.. when my parents are here, i m kept asking to wash my car every evening, and its raining these few days in melb!!! if i didnt wipe dark enough, after 5 minutes of driving... its same as if i hvnt wash my car -_-

i hv another silver camry, dont hv to really wash it, still look ok. Cant imagine if i hv 2 black car...

One of the girls at my work bought herself a new car recently. She was going to get silver but when she saw the same model in black she fell in love with it.

Just a 2 months later she took it back and traded it in on the silver one, and lost a few thousand dollars in the deal. All because she hated how dirty it always looked, even though she washed it each weekend.

The Aurion comes in that magnificent gold - personally I would go for that colour over black if you were getting the Sportivo.

Edited by Borg

One of the girls at my work bought herself a new car recently. She was going to get silver but when she saw the same model in black she fell in love with it.

Just a 2 months later she took it back and traded it in on the silver one, and lost a few thousand dollars in the deal. All because she hated how dirty it always looked, even though she washed it each weekend.

The Aurion comes in that magnificent gold - personally I would go for that colour over black if you were getting the Sportivo.

all of my previous cars have been black and ive loved every single one of them. the thing about em is that they show dirt very easily and needs a wash once a week if its a daily car. the scratches, if they are not deep can be removed. i bought a non black car for the first time in my life and i realised that it stays cleaner for longer than a black car bviously, but if you take care of black, youll love it. Nothing beats black imo but i hated black on the urion. not all cars look good in black. btw even though my car is gold i still wash it once a week so if you get black, wash baby wash lol. get the color that appeals the most to you. gold is awesome ill tell you that much.

Edited by Buri_ZR6

i have a dark metallic blue rolla, and am on the verge of giving up trying to keep it clean in terms of dirt and paint sworls. There was a debate some time back regarding the best colour to have - the winner was silver/grey if i recall

you look after your car really well hehe.

Lol well it really doesn't look dirty! I'm too lazy too i guess, cos everytime i wash it on a wkend, knowing my luck it will probably rain the next day... <_<

I guess my point is, if you're the type of person who doesn't wanna wash ur car every week, then consider buying a silver or similar type colour. :D

Man I when to test drive a Aurion today, man I loved it. And I love the colour black. I know there are a few people here with a black Aurion here. I was wondering how bad does it get in terms of dirt sticking to it.

I was told by the saleman that I would be cleaning the car at least once a week and I'll be wishing that I got a lighter colour!!! Seriously is it that bad? I can imagine that in winter it'll have water marks and in summer the dust would be everywhere. Is it that noticable?? ie can you actually see it from a meter away or only when you are right up next to it.

Also beside the things I pointed out what else should I be looking out for? Waiting for your replies eagerly

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Andrew, I know exactly how you feel, when i went to buy my Aurion I had my mind set on the Gold ZR6 then when I went there to order it there was a black one in the showroom ready to go. It looked fantastic and I was sooooo close to buying it right then and there until I starting looking at other black car and how easiler they get dirty. I have friends that have black cars and have pre-warned me not to get a black car. It show dust, scratched and not to forget those little bugs that leave those little yellow sh!ts on your car, which by the way the gold hides very nicely.

So I eventually waited for the Gold and love it, it also hides dirt and dust very well, but that is still not to say I don't wash it every weekend. At least for the first few months, eventually I'll get over that and wash it once every couple of months.

I own a black Aurion =p

personally i try to wash my car once a week to keep it looking hot.

to be honest its pretti obvious when the car gets dusty but if ur standing from afar then its all good =p

and i hate it wen it rains cause wen it drys up all u can see is the water marks.

but overall im pretti happy with the black, i reckon its HOT :D

but yeah if your lazy to wash the car regularly then i wouldnt choose black

Edited by ZZR88

fek it. all colors look good. as long as new buyers dont make the wrong choice with color, are happy with the decision and care for the car, thats all that matters i guess. oww by the way this morning, i was getting home from a friends joint and saw a red aurion sportivo couldnt decide if it was sx6 or zr6 but i high beamed to say hello and he high beamed back. it was near templestowe high school. red zr6 anyone? lol

Edited by Buri_ZR6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a black Sportivo and yes I wash it every week just as I have done with all my cars. I certainly didn't care about dirt nor small scratches, nothing looks as cool as a black ZR6 clean or dirty.

Venom.

If you get a black one put a nice layer of Merguiars Wax on it so it will only need a squirt to get the dust and **** off it.

we think alike.

its funni how people want what they dont have. i have a white camry. boy i wish it were black.

yes black shows dirt up like no 2molo, if u get a scratch people would see it miles away, if u get swirls from in proper use of materials to clean your car, or fine scratches from rocks, trees, then u'd see them in the sunshine.

BUT

if u are an enthusiast for car detailing, then BLACK IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD BUY. black enables you to get the DEEPEST shine, the WETTEST look, and the BEST showroom car OVER any OTHER colour.

and more importantly, when u detail your car, your efforts are made worthwhile from the results as said above.

light colours might be more "easier" to maintain, but you CANT tell if the car has a good shine or an excellent shine. its just a shine. irrespective of what car care product u buy, how expensive, or how well it works, a light coloured car will NEVER give u the depth, the detail and the contrast of other products. if u detail a car with a $hit product, and do so again with another more expensive reputably product, you cant tell the difference.

so theres pros and cons. if u really arent the car detailing enthusiast, then id go for a medium or light colour.

cheers

Edited by Wixy

I've got a cyber green ZR6... and it's neither that easy to keep clean. Thank *** it bucketed on saturday night.

Anyhow I've given up washing the car.. nowadays i wash it once per month.

• 2 months later...
If you get a black one put a nice layer of Merguiars Wax on it so it will only need a squirt to get the dust and **** off it.

Since I just got a new black aurion touring...and I know it is hard to clean but it is very nice when it is clean or even other color I guess...

Please let me know where can I get this Merguiars wax, any kmart or autobarn or? this is a wax while you wash together or how?

How to use it? because I seldom wax my car personally unless ask for professional because I waxed my previous car last time and I think the paint become thinner and it wasn't shine at all (maybe because I didn't do it properly :( )

Please share your experience/expertise...thanks.

note: just checking, if you push the upper roof near your front reading light, does it fells like empty inside so you can push it and the roof cover can go in easily? also my father in law said the gear from 1 to 2 is so slow compare to his previous 2005 camry, do you think it is normal? I told him, it is different engine and aurion has 6 speed auto but I felt it is ok and nothing wrong but he told me to check it to make it go up faster so I said just put a bit harder if you want to go up faster, not just press it slowly but what is your thought?

My previous car was white. My new Presara is black. Now I know why my next door neighbour (with a black magna) kept washing it so frequently!!! :)

No regrets though, I love the black. Other than the dirt, in hot weather, the black really REALLY heats up (as compared to the white). I wonder if tinting the windows would help the interior temperature. It's really bad when entering the car if its been in the sun for 30min or more in ~40 degree days. Thankfully in Melbourne there aren't too many of those days.

hi..I left the car unclean for a week with some spot after a light shower and then after the wash, I couldn't clean those grey out spot mark when i see it closely but in a distance 1.5m I couldn't see it but within 1m and certain angle, I could see it clearly.

How to remove those spots/mark? I just check that Meguiar's product, probably I need to get those...

Edited by insi

hi..I left the car unclean for a week with some spot after a light shower and then after the wash, I couldn't clean those grey out spot mark when i see it closely but in a distance 1.5m I couldn't see it but within 1m and certain angle, I could see it clearly.

How to remove those spots/mark? I just check that Meguiar's product, probably I need to get those...

hi, err lol i get u but i dont? lol whats this mark you have? i think from your description it sounds to be like:

bird etching - the acids within bird poo have gone deep into your clear coat

or

just water spotting marks, which can be removed by hand application product.

here goes.

you have a black car, and your paint is still new. if you just plainly wax your car after washing, what you are doing is like spreading very fine sand over the car's paint. in turn, you will create scratches (seeable and non seeable to the naked eye with/without sunlight) and swirls - which are horrifying on black car.

if you would like to wax it you should always do it right to ensure you dont have a paint job that is worse off than before you started waxing. to do that, you need time, patience and care. if you dont, give it 2 a professional, or someone who is willing to get the job done the right way, or else you'll end up having a fully scratched out and swirled out black car.

this is wot i posted in 1 of the other threads

1.wash

2.dry with chamois to prevent water stain-age

3.clay the car with a clay bar. usually purchase them claybar kits. this stage is important to you as you are removing all that dirt and bonded contaminants from your paint surface. esp in country areas, examples are: road tar, road film, bug stains, tree sap, paint overspray, mud, hard dirt, bird poo, plant gel and so on. basically anything that is on your paint and you cant remove SAFELY with washing and drying.

4. dependant on what colour your car is, if its a dark coloured car, you can chose to polish it to create a richer, deeper gloss. polish as nothing to do with paint protection. it just creates a higher gloss. nothing more. stay away from products that are polishes, but say that protect your paint.

5. wax.

what brands would i recommend?

meguiar's, eagle one, zaino, autoglym, sonax. all of these brands follow the 5 step cleaning system.

cheers. hope u enjoy your new car.

what materials to use?

1. 6 or 12 pack Kenco microfibre towels. they are avaliable from kmart and autobarn, but get them from kmart as autobarn sell them for 6dollars extra. they rip ppl off if you ask me. these towels are used in any wax off stages of your waxing and polishing application. can be wash in just hot tap water, in the sink and let it dry naturally.

2. hand applicator pads. these are used to apply any type of wax. can be purchased at all auto chains. i prefer to use meguiar's hand applicator pads. again, kmart is the cheapest place to go. u can reuse them by washing them in boiling water.

3. read about waxing before you do it yourself. know the techniques to ensure a flawless result.

cheers