mrbishi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there any new kluger owners out there........if so what do you think so far.

Were still waiting for ours.....

100 views and still no reply they must have all purchased Territories or something.

3/4 of the way through the first tank......still early days yet, very nice car. I would not like to drive it every day as its too big and slow compared to the Subaru Turbo XT.

The wife and kids are happy thats the main thing......The center seat still concerns me on week one with 3 boys as luggage will be always in the boot section (wifes tool box). We came from a Berlina wagon huge tool box area and better middle seat.

Any one else got a new one yet?

Auto entry/start takes a bit of getting use to still go to turn the key off on the right side...makes the process very quick when starting in the morning.

Edited by PC XT

Are there any new kluger owners out there........if so what do you think so far.

100 views and still no reply they must have all purchased Territories or something.

3/4 of the way through the first tank......still early day yet, very nice car. I would not like to drive it every day as its too big and slow compared to the XT.

The wife and kids are happy thats the main thing......The center seat still concerns me on week one with 3 boys as luggage will be always in the boot section (wifes tool box). We came from a Berlina wagon huge tool box area and better middle seat.

Any one else got a new one yet?

Auto entry/start takes a bit of getting use to still go to turn the key off on the right side...makes the process very quick when starting in the morning.

Got me scratching my head on the "0" response. Maybe there might be a few more around in the next few weeks seeing that there has just been a big delivery of them.

However, I wouldnt call this the most active forum Ive seen thats for sure, and I was thinking if there was one with a little more activity especially with regards to Toyota SUV's.

Anyway were still waiting, dealer confirmed its arrived and they should get it by the end of the week with an expected delivery of next Thursay. It would have been 2 months from order.

However, I wouldnt call this the most active forum Ive seen thats for sure, and I was thinking if there was one with a little more activity especially with regards to Toyota SUV's.

Not sure y, they just do not know how to google and find this forum? or not care to say a thing. (there is a lot of... it is just a car response). :blink:

I will make it a 3 way talk here at least :unsure:

I have seen lots of Kluger in the last few days. I have seen lots of Graphites (4 on road), one white KX-S in HighPoint Shopping Centre, and one light blue. Yet to see the sage (dark champaign) colour.

I have seen lots of Kluger in the last few days. I have seen lots of Graphites (4 on road), one white KX-S in HighPoint Shopping Centre, and one light blue. Yet to see the sage (dark champaign) colour.

You'll defiantly wont miss the Tidal Blue ones they stand out like sore thumbs!

Hi all im new and am looking to buy a Kluger, i have test driven so many cars in that price area and reckon the Kluger covers everything i need. What do people think, is it worth paying the extra for the Grande or should i stick to the KX-S. what sort of prices did people pay for there Klugers

Hi all im new and am looking to buy a Kluger, i have test driven so many cars in that price area and reckon the Kluger covers everything i need. What do people think, is it worth paying the extra for the Grande or should i stick to the KX-S. what sort of prices did people pay for there Klugers

I might be biased, but If its in your price range then yes I do think its woth while going for the Grande. It has a few more creature comforts that make it quite convenient. A few that come to mind that I thought were great, Auto Dipping mirrors, SatNav, Bluetooth, electric power tailgate, rear entertainment DVD, and the best thing is the large 8" satnav screen that becomes your reversing camera monitor that makes everthing behind so clear and easy to see and even works fantastic in the dark. Not sure if the KX-S has the sunroof but if not thats another plus.

But I am biased we picked ours up Thursday and totally love it. Attaced is a pic.

post-5482-1195219877_thumb.jpg

Well you are talking to the 3 people who chose Grande, Yes we are biased.

I might be biased, but If its in your price range then yes I do think its woth while going for the Grande. It has a few more creature comforts that make it quite convenient. A few that come to mind that I thought were great, Auto Dipping mirrors, SatNav, Bluetooth, electric power tailgate, rear entertainment DVD, and the best thing is the large 8" satnav screen that becomes your reversing camera monitor that makes everthing behind so clear and easy to see and even works fantastic in the dark. Not sure if the KX-S has the sunroof but if not thats another plus.

But I am biased we picked ours up Thursday and totally love it. Attaced is a pic.

To be fair we are talking $10K difference and yes moonroof is not available in KX-S, and Sat Nav is optional and it is I think $3K for the sub-standard one. The Sat Nav in Grande is tailer made for it and it fits well. I am sure you notice that.

Well to be honest there is no power and safety upgrade on the KX-S to Grande. They are all cosmetic: EXCEPT!

Smart Entry - which is a wonderful idea so there is no need to reach your key esp when your hand is full (with baby stuff). It may be a gadget for a sports car, but if it is in the family car, it is a big plus!

Bluetooth - How is it a safety option when they encourage you to talk on the phone... well the best thing is your passenger (which 99% of time is my wife... *** forbid me to think who is the remaining 1% :spiteful: ) can speak on behalf of you ... even my 3 year old at the back have a say! :blink:

Reversing camera being big is good, but I extensively tested the KX-S and I do not find the problem of being small.

I half suspect my Grande choice is impulse buy, but what a good choice that I did and I will be kicking myself not spending that $10K. I will be shopping for a good audio system now if I went for the KX-S.

I might be biased, but If its in your price range then yes I do think its Worth while going for the Grande. It has a few more creature comforts that make it quite convenient. A few that come to mind that I thought were great, Auto Dipping mirrors, Sat Nav, Blue tooth, electric power tailgate, rear entertainment DVD, and the best thing is the large 8" sat nav screen that becomes your reversing camera monitor that makes ever thing behind so clear and easy to see and even works fantastic in the dark. Not sure if the KX-S has the sunroof but if not thats another plus.

But I am biased we picked ours up Thursday and totally love it. Attached is a pic.

Nice new beast in the drive way there congratulations, the Grande to most people would be extravagant and a bit over the top its special 10K more special not sure!!! but over the next 5 years it will be the norm for other SUV to follow. Has some one got the parking sensors on the Grande I would like to hear your comments if its a over kill or not, still getting use to reversing the thing! Its the Big New Kluger alright

I got my brand new Kluger Grande on Friday night, I got the front and rear sensors, I was worried that they would be overkill, I am very happy so far but i will let you know when i get used to them. Having problems with bluetooth. not able to send more then one contract at a time. Also, does anyone know if you can play dvd's in the sat nav system. The system in the lexus can be cracked with software from the internet is it also possible with the kluger?

so i have decided to go a Grande. What prices have everyone obtained here. So far the best for a brand new 2wd Grande in Black, side steps and floor mats is $59,200 on the road, is this a good price or can i do better?

PS A dealer said they would put in a sunroof in the KX-S for me for 2k

Edited by somethingnew

I got my brand new Kluger Grande on Friday night, I got the front and rear sensors, I was worried that they would be overkill, I am very happy so far but i will let you know when i get used to them.

Nothing is overkill but I think the system they offer is a bit ugly, that is all. The japanese model is much nicer.

Having problems with bluetooth. not able to send more then one contract at a time.

I am not 100% sure. But I have Sony Ericsson and you can only do one at a time. I have not transferred the ones from Nokia N95 yet.

Also, does anyone know if you can play dvd's in the sat nav system. The system in the lexus can be cracked with software from the internet is it also possible with the kluger?

You can only see it in park. No crack as I searched the US forums.... YET ;) Are there info for the Lexus one?

I got my brand new Kluger Grande on Friday night, I got the front and rear sensors, I was worried that they would be overkill, I am very happy so far but i will let you know when i get used to them.

Please do!

Having problems with blue-tooth. not able to send more then one contract at a time.

I am not 100% sure. But I have Sony Ericsson and you can only do one at a time. I have not transferred the ones from Nokia N95 yet. Could not do the N73 either haven't tried the wifes phone yet as she cant drive it for six weeks

Also, does anyone know if you can play DVD's in the sat nav system. The system in the Lexus can be cracked with software from the INTERNET is it also possible with the kluger?

You can only see it in park. No crack as I searched the US forums.... YET ;) Are there info for the Lexus one?

That very interesting I will work on that one!!!! :spiteful:

I got my brand new Kluger Grande on Friday night, I got the front and rear sensors, I was worried that they would be overkill, I am very happy so far but i will let you know when i get used to them. Having problems with bluetooth. not able to send more then one contract at a time. Also, does anyone know if you can play dvd's in the sat nav system. The system in the lexus can be cracked with software from the internet is it also possible with the kluger?

Congrats on the new beast, we expect to see a pic soon.

We got front and rear park assist also but cant comment too much as yet...still also trying to get used to them. Whatever happened to those wire parking (SENSORS) that they uesd to put on cars many years ago, you know those ones with the springy end and when you got to close to a gutter it would make an awful noise in the car while it was rubbing against the concrete gutter...??

Tried a DVD in the SATNAV unit but wouldnt recognise the DVD, so it would be very interesting to see what is required to get it to work. Funny thing though is I distinctly remember the salesman saying that you could play a DVD in there only when the car wasnt moving or in park??? I havnt been able to figure out how to do it so if anyone knows it would be handy.

so i have decided to go a Grande. What prices have everyone obtained here. So far the best for a brand new 2wd Grande in Black, side steps and floor mats is $59,200 on the road, is this a good price or can i do better?

PS A dealer said they would put in a sunroof in the KX-S for me for 2k

You might be able to do a little better, when youre really serious and ready to buy, cheque book in pocket ready to put down a deposit, thats when they should negotiate some more. If they gave you the best price so far then give them a go with a figure you have in mind and see where it ends up.

Good price for the sunroof.

You might be able to do a little better, when youre really serious and ready to buy, cheque book in pocket ready to put down a deposit, thats when they should negotiate some more. If they gave you the best price so far then give them a go with a figure you have in mind and see where it ends up.

Good price for the sunroof.

It is so unfair. I just found out you get significant discount on fleet price. To add to the pain, do you know that it is more expensive to get the car in Vic?

To start, the stamp duty in NSW calculate in 3% up to $45000, where the whole 5% is for the Victorians (rip off!)

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384...5013711,00.html

So that is the whole 2%x$45K for us and it is $900! Then your RTA charges less. VicRoads charges $600! NSW $300!

So compare between state need to think of these factors, if I brother to take one out from NSW and change plates and stuff... I will just win by minimal... not worth the effort.

Where do I find the $1200 now :(. And you guys are paid more! I suppose house here is still cheaper, and food....

Edited by takahashi

I've got a KX-R AWD (Graphite) which is only 2 weeks old and less than 500 Kilometers.Drives absolutely fantastic. Responsive and very quiet compare to others. Roomier than the PRADO and Territory. The only thing I dislike is the footbrake. I reckon it is like a 6 seater Falcon 10 years ago. Other than that the kids love their captain seats and the AC all the way to the rear.

What colour and model did you chose?

i wanna see some submissions into the tocau 2008 calender from you guys!!! :toast:

someones gotta represent the kluger family!! :clap:

Please explain.... is that a calender of cars you are referring too???

Wait for the 2009 one I guess. I will do some external mod to it and make it nice. It is nice already but it is just like taking one from the Toyota website :P:

• 2 weeks later...

You'll defiantly wont miss the Tidal Blue ones they stand out like sore thumbs!

The Tidal Blue stands out like nothing else. I recently took our family KX-R AWD away on holidays with me and it definatly turned heads. Its fantastic on the highway and reported a nice 9.8L/100k's from the entire trip. Was blown away by it. I'm not a fan of the Centre Seat when loading it up on a trip from Newcastle to Sydney with a bunch of mates. Luckly its only a short trip.

The foot brake doesn't seem to hold very well on ours, the car is only 2 months old, but already has 6500k's on it.

I did see a Black Grande AWD the other day fully optioned with accessories, i though the Rear Parking Sensors were a bit of overkill, considering the fantastic reversing camera that is standard on the range. I find it an interesting challange in tight shopping centre car parks to go in forwards, but backing it in is a smooth motion with the camera, line it up and in we go. Camera shows the car behind you perfectly.

You'll defiantly wont miss the Tidal Blue ones they stand out like sore thumbs! SO true still love the colour

The Tidal Blue stands out like nothing else. I recently took our family KX-R AWD away on holidays with me and it defiantly turned heads. Its fantastic on the highway and reported a nice 9.8L/100k's from the entire trip. Was blown away by it. I'm not a fan of the Center Seat when loading it up on a trip from Newcastle to Sydney with a bunch of mates. Luckily its only a short trip.

The foot brake doesn't seem to hold very well on ours, the car is only 2 months old, but already has 6500k's on it. I agree just squash it to the floor

I did see a Black Grande AWD the other day fully optioned with accessories, i though the Rear Parking Sensors were a bit of overkill, considering the fantastic reversing camera that is standard on the range. I find it an interesting challenge in tight shopping center car parks to go in forwards, but backing it in is a smooth motion with the camera, line it up and in we go. Camera shows the car behind you perfectly.

They are a bit of a whale to park

:yahoo::yahoo:

Well I just received my Silver Pearl Grande on Thursday complete with Side Steps, mudflaps, cargo barrier, boot liner, mats, lens protectors and Nudge Bar.

So far so good. I haven't seen many Klugers (4 in total) on the roads, and I have been looking keenly since placing my order (2 months ago). When we did order only our colour had an approx delivery date of end of Nov so there must be a definate shortage. I know our Harris Freer dealer actually sold their demo vehicles due to pressure with delivery dates. Couldn't quite understand how you could expect to sell more Klugers with no demo vehicles and no brochures but the sales rep didn't seem worried.

There are some questions I too would like answered with the Grande if any of you can:

- Is there a hack to play DVD's through the SatNav on the dash

- Can you play sound from the overhead DVD via the car sound system (dealer said yes but it would appear a fat NO)

- Does anyone else have problems with "Folder List" button greying out with MP3 CD's with albums sorted in folders (sometimes it works, sometimes it's greyed out and this happens with multiple CD's! Wonder if it is a Hardware, Software of Media bug).

Other than that pretty happy. Just a shame they didn't do ipod compatibility and that the satnav is so crappy. I don't like the top down always north facing map display. Would be nice to have 3D maps like TomTom as well as using the GPS for speed and other stuff.

There are some questions I too would like answered with the Grande if any of you can:

- Is there a hack to play DVD's through the SatNav on the dash

- Can you play sound from the overhead DVD via the car sound system (dealer said yes but it would appear a fat NO)

- Does anyone else have problems with "Folder List" button greying out with MP3 CD's with albums sorted in folders (sometimes it works, sometimes it's greyed out and this happens with multiple CD's! Wonder if it is a Hardware, Software of Media bug).

Other than that pretty happy. Just a shame they didn't do ipod compatibility and that the satnav is so crappy. I don't like the top down always north facing map display. Would be nice to have 3D maps like TomTom as well as using the GPS for speed and other stuff.

No speed calculations

No hacks for DVD yet :damn:

Yes you can play sound when you have a FM transmitter (not for sound quality).

Folder thing is software. You have to put the song in "folders" to make it work.

SatNav is better than some models I have seen. I will not pay for the Volvo Sat Nav e.g.

Folder thing is software. You have to put the song in "folders" to make it work.

Nah, I have each album in a seperate folder. As an example:

Foo Fighters - Echo's Silence Patience & Grace

Foo Fighters - The Colour And The Shape

Powderfinger - Internationalist

Each disc has a folder for each album with the corresponding MP3's in each folder. Some times when I press the button to display the Audio Player the Folder List button is greyed out and other times it is available. This occurs on multiple CD's. I can still navigate up/down the folders. Anyone else get this?