Any new Kluger owners out there

mrbishi

Hey everyone, just joined the club, well Ive finally decided to go ahead ordered my new Kluger Grande AWD in black yesterday I'm told will have it around 8 March 2008 and cant wait. Have put qite a few accessories on it also going to change the wheels to chrome appearance mag probably 22 inch

Jamie

Hi just joined the the club too .Just ordered a black Grande with nudge bar , side rail ,beige leather.About a 3 month wait.Has any one got any pics of there

black kluger?How does black go with our hot summer?

The aircon works really well.

I didn't get black because you can see every bit of dirt on it. I had a black Grande for a test drive for 3 days. It didn't rain and I only drove of sealed roads, but it looked filthy when I took it back.

The graphite looks cleaner for longer, even though it's not.

Thanks for the info.Looks like I'll be paying regular visits to the local car wash. LOL It will keep me fit anyway! Cant wait till she arrives

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone, just joined the club, well Ive finally decided to go ahead ordered my new Kluger Grande AWD in black yesterday I'm told will have it around 8 March 2008 and cant wait. Have put qite a few accessories on it also going to change the wheels to chrome appearance mag probably 22 inch

Jamie

Hi just joined the the club too .Just ordered a black Grande with nudge bar , side rail ,beige leather.About a 3 month wait.Has any one got any pics of there

I didn't get black because you can see every bit of dirt on it. I had a black Grande for a test drive for 3 days. It didn't rain and I only drove of sealed roads, but it looked filthy when I took it back.

Once we order in about a month, we were debating over tidal blue, pearl white, graphite, but even though its alot more maintenance(washing), we have decided the black will look the best(If kept clean).

Im going to use the waterless wash and garage it nightly, so hopefully i can get the kids involved in doing some of it too!

Jamie

Once we order in about a month, we were debating over tidal blue, pearl white, graphite, but even though its alot more maintenance(washing), we have decided the black will look the best(If kept clean).

Im going to use the waterless wash and garage it nightly, so hopefully i can get the kids involved in doing some of it too!

I agree ,black does look the best when kept clean ! I've also ordered the sand beige leather interior with black mats,dont know how hard beige is to keep clean compared to black leather.Any one out there with the beige leather ! I heard its a bit cooler in summer than having black interior.

Hi Faruke, we have a sandy coloured leather interior in our Lexus, and we love it. You will see the odd scuff, but just get some good leather upholstery cleaner to wipe it off.

In some ways black shows up just as much or more, any white spots of fabric or tissue for example.

Cheers,

Scott.

Jamie

I agree ,black does look the best when kept clean ! I've also ordered the sand beige leather interior with black mats,dont know how hard beige is to keep clean compared to black leather.Any one out there with the beige leather ! I heard its a bit cooler in summer than having black interior.

Black does look the best when kept clean; if it was my car and not the wife's, I would probably have gone for black. My wife and kids are good at drtying cars, not cleaning them.

I liked the beige interior but got the black because of the carpets, not the seats. Light coloured carpets are pretty much ruined if they get a grease stain.

Jamie

Black does look the best when kept clean; if it was my car and not the wife's, I would probably have gone for black. My wife and kids are good at drtying cars, not cleaning them.

I liked the beige interior but got the black because of the carpets, not the seats. Light coloured carpets are pretty much ruined if they get a grease stain.

Im looking at the KxS which the only leather is black. Doesnt worry me as this is what we wanted anyway.

I better get a water tank installed soon too, to save up water to wash the car with!

Jamie

I have a black with beige leather and it looks great,the beige looks alot classier I think and havent had any problems with cleaning, the beige mats are a bit dirty but a good pressure wash will sort that, 3 kids!

The inside of the car is fine for heat in the summer, have had mine since december

Looks stunning clean and looks fine when its dirty

I have a black with beige leather and it looks great,the beige looks alot classier I think and havent had any problems with cleaning, the beige mats are a bit dirty but a good pressure wash will sort that, 3 kids!

The inside of the car is fine for heat in the summer, have had mine since december

Looks stunning clean and looks fine when its dirty

Seen the beige leather real life and it matches the interior well. I am a kid in terms of keeping interior clean, so I had to give it up.

Keep up the good work. I don't have much spare time to polish the interior of the car nowadays.

We have just bought our new Kluger (Friday) and its going to be ready for pick-up on Wednesday so in time for long weekend.

We got the KX-R and it has everything we need. We were most focused on safety so the base model was most impressive and we felt that going up to the leather was not really the best way to spend an extra $10k - better on the mortgage!

We were lucky enough to get our Kluger for $38,000 drive away inc mats, cargo shield, ipod connector etc so we were thrilled. We did some hard haggling and were just lucky.

Initially were looking at a second hand grande as only way to get safety but discovered for less we could get a car with zero milage, safety and the service deal so were thrilled to get new car with all the goodies for less than most second hand klugers on carsales.com.au (think going to be lots of peeved sellers out there)

very excited about new car hired one for few days to be sure we had right car and it did a wonderful job lugging 2 babes, large dog, pram shopping, fun gear around.

v impressed with toyota fast delivers, brilliant price, resale etc so will do an admirable job for next 3 or so years till be get itchy again

:toast:

Initially were looking at a second hand grande as only way to get safety but discovered for less we could get a car with zero milage, safety and the service deal so were thrilled to get new car with all the goodies for less than most second hand klugers on carsales.com.au (think going to be lots of peeved sellers out there)

Thats exactly what we did. My brother-in-law has the first gen Kluger CVX - he paid an additional $2k for the safety pack.

We were looking for the same, but as they're rare, we were being funneled toward the old Grande (just for the safety features) and at the time, they were worth roughly $42k second hand.

When we discovered the new Klugers all had the same safety features regardless of model, we were sold.

As a friend pointed out to me, $40k+ is a lot to spend on a second hand car with no factory warranty.

I am finally in the possession of my AWD Kluger kx-s 2008 model. It is a great car. Smooth to drive. I decided to buy the parking and clearance sensors. It is a big car and they come in handy every day.

I am very happy with the guys at Kalamunda Toyota. The sales person that sold me the car was even helpful after I signed on the dotted line